Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

yeyaaa

Oct 23, 2022
Don´t remember if I provided this tool link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwivjYrgyKb7AhWoppUCHVAxDr4QFnoECAwQAQ&url=https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient&usg=AOvVaw1EA0UgBcE8bbeVuiVn4L7c with it you can make some backups, flashings and more.

You said your IMEI was OK, so? Recovering IMEI is, actually, for newer MediaTek devices, in last round of updates, virtually impossible, by normal means or using regular software. This is just an assumption but, it seems, it depends or relies on other partition to have a proper permission to be overwritten or rather rewrite.
i do not know why i dont have service when i flash the stock rom. thats why i asked about imei

after i restore the custom rom backup i have service sms and no calling. (i can see the imei numbers in settings but no service)

i can make backups and root with twrp.
i have all the modem sfc.. nv.. partitions i can backup and restore those.

i just wasnt able to make a working combination. 😢

i will look for disabled flash in scatter file tonight. and fiddle around some more with this garbage phone tomorrow.

i might try a different sim card as well.

i completely reflashed the stock rom multiple times(3maybe) both 8.1 and 9.0 even did a stock firmware update from 9.0 to 10

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
i do not know why i dont have service when i flash the stock rom. thats why i asked about imei

after i restore the custom rom backup i have service sms and no calling. (i can see the imei numbers in settings but no service)

i can make backups and root with twrp.
i have all the modem sfc.. nv.. partitions i can backup and restore those.

i just wasnt able to make a working combination. 😢

i will look for disabled flash in scatter file tonight. and fiddle around some more with this garbage phone tomorrow.

i might try a different sim card as well.

i completely reflashed the stock rom multiple times(3maybe) both 8.1 and 9.0 even did a stock firmware update from 9.0 to 10
About the IMEI, if it is that you can see it, in settings/about phone, I mean, your IMEI is displayed, then you have IMEI, no issues with.
Anyway, the IMEI is not responsible to make calls nor to have signal, nor anything of that related to communication, that usually is linked for.

I'll suggest, you can check one by one, every partition that you have backed up, restoring one, rebooting, and checking how it was the baseband and if you can place a call.

And about this last, to make calls, I'm assuming that you tried with other phone dial app.

MarteUltor

Nov 12, 2022
Hey guys, i just broke everything.
I have a OnePlus One with TWRP and i tried to update it but i install it into boot partition and when i realize i did it on the recovery partition.
Now the phone doesn't start, it just show me the OnePlus logo and freeze, pressing power and volume- just restart to the same point and volume+ block it for a minute, my pc doesn't see the phone and the letters down the logo "Powered by android" shows up for a second when i start it and then dissapear, i literally can't do anything.
It's my old phone so don't worry if it's too hard to help me with this.
Thanks in advance! 🤗

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys, i just broke everything.
I have a OnePlus One with TWRP and i tried to update it but i install it into boot partition and when i realize i did it on the recovery partition.
Now the phone doesn't start, it just show me the OnePlus logo and freeze, pressing power and volume- just restart to the same point and volume+ block it for a minute, my pc doesn't see the phone and the letters down the logo "Powered by android" shows up for a second when i start it and then dissapear, i literally can't do anything.
It's my old phone so don't worry if it's too hard to help me with this.
Thanks in advance! 🤗
Even you flashed the update in the boot partition, I think fastboot has to be accessible, keep trying to enter to fastboot, check well the timing you press the PWR button, to release it at the exact time, and flash the boot image on the boot partition, this may fix it.

In case, it doesn't, then you should need to enter to EDL mode.

craquito23

Oct 19, 2022
Hola, chicos..:)
Me gustaría que revises la guía de nuevos usuarios de XDA y debes leer las REGLAS DEL FORO antes de publicar aquí o en cualquier otro lugar en xda.

La tasa a la que los nuevos usuarios se unen a xda diariamente es muy alta. Muchos usuarios se unen porque tienen algunos problemas con sus dispositivos, como teléfonos bloqueados, bootloops, etc., debido a que siguen procesos incorrectos. Algunos se unen para ayudar a otros, para compartir sus conocimientos y ganar más.

Entonces, básicamente, este hilo es para todos aquellos que quieren hacer preguntas y responderlas.

Entonces, aquellos que quieran ayudar aquí, solo traten de responder sin llamar la atención, dejen que sea respondido miles de veces antes, muéstrenles el camino, la dirección y déjenlos hacer las cosas por su cuenta. No los alimente con cuchara, más bien trate de señalarlos en la dirección correcta.

Toda esta idea es de [MENCIÓN = 3038832] encubierto [/ MENCIÓN] y el ex OP Bruce Wayne y yo le agradecemos.

Para las personas que hacen preguntas aquí, no olviden buscar los enlaces de la segunda publicación. Eso lo ayudará a aumentar su conocimiento y responderá las preguntas de otros si sabe la respuesta. Por favor, no digas simplemente gracias si algún miembro te ayuda, en su lugar usa el botón de gracias, eso nos ayudará a mantener este hilo menos desordenado.

hello 👋 i have been searching and searching till exhaustion but i couldn't find a way to install TWRP for my tablet (lenovo tab m10 HD 2nd gen TB-X306X) with android 10, please if someone knows a way, or if there is already a recovery TWRP for this tablet let me know... I would really appreciate it

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
hello 👋 i have been searching and searching till exhaustion but i couldn't find a way to install TWRP for my tablet (lenovo tab m10 HD 2nd gen TB-X306X) with android 10, please if someone knows a way, or if there is already a recovery TWRP for this tablet let me know... I would really appreciate it
If you did a search for:

"TWRP for (your specific model number"

And that search didn't find anything, then, it doesn't exist for your device. Not all devices get a version of TWRP created for them, nor do they all get custom ROMs created for them.

SanyTarn

Nov 14, 2022
Hello. I'm very newbie with short attention span.

I made a mistake in making a second space? idk how in english. Anyways, I wanted to delete it, but now I forgot my password, so I had a bright idea to backup important stuff and hard reset my phone. I did it. But now it asks me my long forgotten password I used on two or maybe three other phones, for an account connected only to my old phone number I don't have acess to at all. Yikes.

I applied the password form for the 4th time on Saturday, once every three days, and I'm beginning to boil, especially when tech support said that they can't do unlocking stuff due to their rescent policy. Even when I provided them all of my phone data except the box because I lost the box. Like an idiot. And I have never had a check because it's a present from my uncle.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands and to change one file I heard contains the account data to a brand new one. I got the correct version of android, number 12 for mi 8 lite, salvaged this file out of it, loaded fastboot, loaded utilities. My computer sees my phone, I print fastboot oem edl... And it shows an error. He sais that a parameter is invalid, but knows nothing more.

What am I doing wrong? I have MiFlash loaded up and it also fails to interact. I used 15s loader to get adb and fastboot drivers, the latest version of it. What can I do to right it up? I would honestly like to install Lineage instead of MIUI, but it's more of a dream.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello. I'm very newbie with short attention span.

I made a mistake in making a second space? idk how in english. Anyways, I wanted to delete it, but now I forgot my password, so I had a bright idea to backup important stuff and hard reset my phone. I did it. But now it asks me my long forgotten password I used on two or maybe three other phones, for an account connected only to my old phone number I don't have acess to at all. Yikes.

I applied the password form for the 4th time on Saturday, once every three days, and I'm beginning to boil, especially when tech support said that they can't do unlocking stuff due to their rescent policy. Even when I provided them all of my phone data except the box because I lost the box. Like an idiot. And I have never had a check because it's a present from my uncle.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands and to change one file I heard contains the account data to a brand new one. I got the correct version of android, number 12 for mi 8 lite, salvaged this file out of it, loaded fastboot, loaded utilities. My computer sees my phone, I print fastboot oem edl... And it shows an error. He sais that a parameter is invalid, but knows nothing more.

What am I doing wrong? I have MiFlash loaded up and it also fails to interact. I used 15s loader to get adb and fastboot drivers, the latest version of it. What can I do to right it up? I would honestly like to install Lineage instead of MIUI, but it's more of a dream.
First off, you need to unlock bootloader to the device, in order to can flash unsigned files.

For this you shoulld need to boot to OS, and set up all the stuff related to.

Once you get it, just to know, only those that fastboot was modded accordingly can respond to fastboot oem edl command, of course, for this, again, you need a device with an unlocked bootloader, a locked one won´t never boot to edl by software methods.

If you can unlock bootloader, you won´t need to boot to edl mode, you can do the same while in fastboot, and other modifications through recovery, what is your final goal as of now.

The second space is not specially protected, apart of the locking method, is not, typically used also an account, most likely, the Miui account, that is taken in both spaces, by default. in this case, you won´t be able to boot to system, even when you successfully flash a Miui ROM (not likely), because you will be prompted to bypass the first Xiaomi security screen, inmediately after to boot to this new OS. If you are the proprietary of the Mi account, you can, at any time, make the modifications concerned,

yeyaaa

Oct 23, 2022
About the IMEI, if it is that you can see it, in settings/about phone, I mean, your IMEI is displayed, then you have IMEI, no issues with.
Anyway, the IMEI is not responsible to make calls nor to have signal, nor anything of that related to communication, that usually is linked for.

I'll suggest, you can check one by one, every partition that you have backed up, restoring one, rebooting, and checking how it was the baseband and if you can place a call.

And about this last, to make calls, I'm assuming that you tried with other phone dial app.
i tried my father's sim card which is a different carrier and it worked. i can call and i have internet.

so the whole situation changed.
problem is that my carrier doesnt have 2g for phone calls.

my father's sim card when i was calling with it it changed to 2g.

with mine it doesnt. and i dont see volte or anything.

maybe its a volte problem but there are no settings for it. and theres no mtk enginering on this rom.
maybe if theres a line of code for it or something. i tried google dialer as well
ofc.

what do you suggest. sorry for not completely understanding my own problem before

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
i tried my father's sim card which is a different carrier and it worked. i can call and i have internet.

so the whole situation changed.
problem is that my carrier doesnt have 2g for phone calls.

my father's sim card when i was calling with it it changed to 2g.

with mine it doesnt. and i dont see volte or anything.

maybe its a volte problem but there are no settings for it. and theres no mtk enginering on this rom.
maybe if theres a line of code for it or something. i tried google dialer as well
ofc.

what do you suggest. sorry for not completely understanding my own problem before
It seems that your device was attached to some carrier before and not correctly freed up. The app you deleted "only" breaks the settings from an specific app, nothing that it can´t be reverted by setting up again all carrier related configs.

At this point, I'll suggest you bring your device to the service provider company, some configurations may need to come back to that original state.

Some ROMs have a MediaTek "hole" to be manipulated by the user, but some not, for this, just search for the proper dial codes to enable this option on MediaTek devices. Even that not all builds are totally debuggable or the Engineering mode are not blocked, but you can try. In the Engineering mode there are some parts of the menu, that can reset the device, in this aspect, but be careful, in case, this is out of your scope, just consider to take it, firstly, where I recommended, and if say, they are not the right people to solve it, then, to a repair center.

If your carrier provider, allows VoLTE, there are some custom ROMs that have it.

SanyTarn

Nov 14, 2022
First off, you need to unlock bootloader to the device, in order to can flash unsigned files.

For this you shoulld need to boot to OS, and set up all the stuff related to.

Once you get it, just to know, only those that fastboot was modded accordingly can respond to fastboot oem edl command, of course, for this, again, you need a device with an unlocked bootloader, a locked one won´t never boot to edl by software methods.

If you can unlock bootloader, you won´t need to boot to edl mode, you can do the same while in fastboot, and other modifications through recovery, what is your final goal as of now.

The second space is not specially protected, apart of the locking method, is not, typically used also an account, most likely, the Miui account, that is taken in both spaces, by default. in this case, you won´t be able to boot to system, even when you successfully flash a Miui ROM (not likely), because you will be prompted to bypass the first Xiaomi security screen, inmediately after to boot to this new OS. If you are the proprietary of the Mi account, you can, at any time, make the modifications concerned,

Sorry, I can't quite do it due to this. You might have to re-read my first paragraph to know why it is in this state, and I need him out of it cheaply, and preferably by today's evening

356260a8-a4a4-49ed-8274-fb49ffe37134.jpg

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Sorry, I can't quite do it due to this. You might have to re-read my first paragraph to know why it is in this state, and I need him out of it cheaply, and preferably by today's evening

View attachment 5761699
I will paste my last statement here, so you can read it again "if you are the proprietary of the Mi account, you can, at any time, make the modifications concerned".

In the event that you are requesting help to circumvent an account that you, either do not own or own, but cannot for whatever reason, both situations will be the same at our discretion and judgment, as we cannot know for sure which it is the truth, and, in this forum, we do not provide assistance to do so.

The right way is very pretty simple, connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, if you forgot your Mi account password, then open a browser in a PC or in another device capable to navigate to a browser, i.e. a smartphone, go to Mi account and follow the on screen instructions to can reset your device, when you have a new one, come again to your device, and tap on Activate this device, done.

SanyTarn

Nov 14, 2022
The right way is very pretty simple, connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, if you forgot your Mi account password, then open a browser in a PC or in another device capable to navigate to a browser, i.e. a smartphone, go to Mi account and follow the on screen instructions to can reset your device, when you have a new one, come again to your device, and tap on Activate this device, done.
Sorry, could you printscreen the button I need to push?

I have said that I tried ressetting my password and access phone. In all the forms I could find.

ProPooB

Nov 17, 2022
Hey so i was just downloading modules on magisk on my samsung a52 4g, and all of a sudden after a restart my apps just kept stopping and i kept getting the notification. Can anybody help me please i just rooted my device today?

Last edited:

ProPooB

Nov 17, 2022
Hey so i was just downloading modules on magisk on my samsung a52 4g, and all of a sudden after a restart my apps just kept stopping and i kept getting the notification. Can anybody help me please i just rooted my device today?
i have deinstalled all my modules and everything but my apps still keep crashing

Naim100

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, hope ure all doing well.
I am having some issues with Odin and my Samsung s21 Ultra.
I tried to flash an up-to-date stock firmware via Odin as I was rooted but wanted to update. This did not work. Then I tried some other things like flashing a custom firmware via Odin, which also did not work. I tried unplugging everything other than mouse and keyboard and changing USB port / installing different USB drivers as well as different versions of Odin. No luck. Now I am stuck in download mode and cant even boot to recovery...
I keep getting the error "complete(write) operation failed". Any help is appreciated.

sidetrack999

Jul 3, 2020
Oppo R819
Smart Watches
I have a question. I was given a nextbook model nxa8qc116b to fix. They said it had a charging problem. I fix things , doesn’t matter what it is I can fix it. So I got it to charge. Problem is that when it boots up it said “ entering dnx mode. waiting for fastboot command….” Wouldn’t do anything else for a couple months now. Well just to try to get it to exit dnx mode I tried pushing a series of buttons like power + vol up etc. I think what did this was power + vol down + whatever the 4th button is on this thing simultaneously… and now I’m looking at this on the screen. My question is what do I need to do to this thing to get it back to functionality. I would love to trick this thing out with root or a custom mod but right now I’d settle for basic functionality. I really want to impress the girl that gave me this thing by handing it back to her better than ever. She has so written off this device that she said I could have it , but it would be very cool to give it back
Please help

Attachments

• 25C3A3E6-2020-4C29-B7AA-A2DFC336E240.jpeg
    25C3A3E6-2020-4C29-B7AA-A2DFC336E240.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • 71647549-FB5B-49A9-AA6A-1D3D224EE996.jpeg
    71647549-FB5B-49A9-AA6A-1D3D224EE996.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody!
    I'd like to root an unbranded China tablet and replace Android with some Linux distro, like Ubuntu Touch, but I'm a total newbie and I don't know where to start from.
    Here is what I see in the settings:

View attachment 5798989

Any help would be highly appreciated!
    You don´t need to root the device, in order to put a different ROM, instead, you need to unlock the bootloader. Anyway, From what I know you should need, an Ubuntu Touch ported for your device, the list of devices supported is not extensive, and at least you think to build it for your device, I don´t hink your device is in the list, anyway, you can see the official site, to ckeck it yourself https://ubports.com/nl/supported-products?pk_vid=a6767500f5634ae2167262928843d322
    Hi, thank you for replying. Unfortunately, my device is not listed since it's unbranded. It's still not clear to me how to build and port it for a generic device, when the only information I could retrieve is that it's based on Android 8.
    How can I find the required rom version for a generic Android device from some unknown Chinese manufacturer?
    I don't think is because it's "unbranded", also many "branded" devices are not supported, the official UBports is most likely abandoned?, or if you prefer; "not growing", although some devices had some development in the past, just because of personal initiatives from developers/enthusiasts, I used it in my MiA3, RN7, but I saw, that also these, are abandoned. Also, from what I know, devices not specifically developed for them, should need a custom ROM as a base, i.e. LineageOS.

If you want to know more from your device, you can get more information using an app like Device Specs, or others, try to know if your device can support Treble, I don't think but, just to be sure, install and run an app like treble support, if your device can support it, you, at least, are able to run a GSI, if not, then you are out of luck.
    Hello all, I'm having a bit of an issue. I am currently working with a Trio Stealth G4 10.1 v2. It is currently rooted via kingo root (double checked the root via a separate checker), and I am in the process of trying to install TWRP. It is running KitKat 4.4.2, and I am not able to have the device show up on my computer. I initially attempted to flash TWRP with the recommended app Flashify for root users, but that app seems to not be operational anymore. At that point i discovered the TWRP manager made by Team Win, the same people who make TWRP, which at the very least lets me navigate and initiate a stock recovery back up. This is where the problems begin.

The tablet is freshly factory reset, and only has ~1GB of files total on internal storage. Despite this, when I begin to back up, the img file being created is several times the size. I initially tried to save it to an 8GB microSD inserted in the device, and it gave me a 2GB file before returning to the manager's main screen. Not being able to find any reference for what size this file should be, I moved the img to my computer and inserted a different, 32GB, microSD. I initiated another recovery, and now i have a 4GB img file and TWRP manager gives me a screen saying the back up failed. how can I tell if either of these recovery images are functional or corrupted? do I need to put the img files into an emulator like Bluestacks or in VirtualBox? does this mean I cant flash a custom recovery image? I'm trying to push this tablet past KitKat if I can, and I seem to have gotten a bit farther than others I've seen on forums with this tablet. any help is appreciated and desperately needed.
    The stock recovery backup just backs up your stock recovery to be used in case something goes wrong when flashing your custom recovery via TWRP Manager. You could just as easily download a copy of your stock firmware and extract the stock recovery from the firmware, this ensures you have an uncorrupted copy of your stock recovery.img. If you extract a copy from your stock firmware, you can skip the stock recovery backup step in TWRP Manager and just flash your TWRP.img if you have one.

If TWRP Manager fails to flash your TWRP recovery.img, you could use a Terminal Emulator app to flash the TWRP.img via dd commands but you would have to use some technical methods to identify exactly which mmcblk0(partition) location is the recovery partition on your device then use that address in the dd command to flash the TWRP.img to your recovery partition. You have to be certain you are using the correct dd command with exactly the correct mmcblk0 address, if you get any part of the syntax, characters or spacing wrong, you absolutely WILL brick the device.
    Alright, that definitely seems like a method. how do I go about extracting the recovery image directly from the firmware? I cannot get the device to be detected by my computer and updated drivers for this device are non-existent as the parent comapany who made these devices went bust in 2019, and there's nowhere to source drivers the tablet detects (but i did find a driver windows installed automatically the first time i connected the tablet to my PC, though this is a generic driver that claims to be the latest version). I have a MicroSD that is double the storage of the entire tablet currently in it, is there a way to copy it to the SD manually, like what TWRP manager is trying to do, without my PC? thank you for your help, its greatly appreciated!

Edited to put the quoted post in my reply
    Three ways.

1) if your PC has a card reader you can use a micro SD card to transfer between phone and device

2) you can use a USB pen driive with an adapter to convert USB to Micro USB or USB C to transfer between device and PC

3) you can use a mobile browser on the device to download the firmware and then use an app like Zarchiver from the PlayStore to extract the recovery.img from the firmware.
    I recently tried the dumb move of updating Magisk through the app itself. When rebooted it got stuck on bootloop, I then booted to Orangefox on my Redmi K20 Pro. I then did resetting to defaults in settings which showed 2 errors- Unable to mount system root and vendor(invalid arguement something like that) which resulted in my data being encrypted. When I tried to reboot it said no OS installed. I didn't know what to do so I watched a youtube video instructing to wipe data and rebooting to recovery to fix this(encrypion) and so i did another dumb move of doing it which resulted in my device getting rid of Orangefox then, and now I am stuck on either boot loop with no recovery or in fastboot mode which isn't really doing much since it's not being recognised by my pc. I am not much of a knower in this side but I knew some of the basics and followed instructions to install recovery and root and now have managed to break it. And now I'm panicking. SOMEONE HELP!!
    Repeat the method you did, to boot to TWRP, and, I guess, then flash it to the ramdisk partition, to permanently have it.
    About the PC not recognizing your device, just update the drivers when your device is in fastboot mode, you should see under device manager, something like "bootloader interface".
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II