Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello guys, hope ure all doing well.
I am having some issues with Odin and my Samsung s21 Ultra.
I tried to flash an up-to-date stock firmware via Odin as I was rooted but wanted to update. This did not work. Then I tried some other things like flashing a custom firmware via Odin, which also did not work. I tried unplugging everything other than mouse and keyboard and changing USB port / installing different USB drivers as well as different versions of Odin. No luck. Now I am stuck in download mode and cant even boot to recovery...
I keep getting the error "complete(write) operation failed". Any help is appreciated.
Custom firmware, usually, either, can´t be flashed through Odin, or developer make them as a flash-able zip, unless we are talking about ENG firmware, I guess, it's not the case.

What do you see in the download screen?
Some message that can give you a clue?
Can you upload some screenshot from Odin, and link to that "custom" firmware?
Did you check that at the previous time to boot to download mode, the USB debugging and OEM unlock remained enabled?

notNSA

Jun 12, 2021
Very strange Android behavior. Main microphone does not work UNTIL Google Account setup initiates and goes through on a stock ROM. How do I make the microphone work without Google Setup (say, if on a ROM without Google Apps or just without Google Setup)?? Is this common? Anyone have a clue please?
It's a Samsung Galaxy A50.

Sep 30, 2022
Is there any way to transfer files between devices connected to a network. I want to be able to just open a device and access all of the files of my various other devices without having to accept any prompts.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Is there any way to transfer files between devices connected to a network. I want to be able to just open a device and access all of the files of my various other devices without having to accept any prompts.
Yes. MiX (a great File Explorer by @HootanParsa ) supports multiple network transfer protocols.

Screenshot_20221127-123353819.jpg
I personally use FTP server on the phone and FileZilla on the PC. But you can also use win File Explorer, or even a Browser with HTTP server on device.,

You can test the free version here on XDA, and if you like it, you can purchase the donation version on the PlayStore. NB: The free one is not crippled, its simply an easy donation channel for a great App.

Oh, and dont forget USB OTG.

Noodleman28

Nov 29, 2022
hello guys, how are you? hope u guys feeling well everyday :D
first, i'm sorry if i wrong section or thread for asking help.
btw, i had sharp aquos v SH-C02 least a year till now, i try to install twrp+custom rom but i can't unlock the bootloader. my dev setting is on, usb debugging is on, but in ''oem unlock" its greyed out, try to unlock with adb cmd, it says oem unlock is not allowed. fastboot mode only show "sharp" logo and "download mode" writen, in recovery mode its only show android and "no command". can you guys please help my problem?
wanna sell or trade this device for another but this snapdragon835 still worth to use everyday task.

Thanks very much guys :):)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
hello guys, how are you? hope u guys feeling well everyday :D
first, i'm sorry if i wrong section or thread for asking help.
btw, i had sharp aquos v SH-C02 least a year till now, i try to install twrp+custom rom but i can't unlock the bootloader. my dev setting is on, usb debugging is on, but in ''oem unlock" its greyed out, try to unlock with adb cmd, it says oem unlock is not allowed. fastboot mode only show "sharp" logo and "download mode" writen, in recovery mode its only show android and "no command". can you guys please help my problem?
wanna sell or trade this device for another but this snapdragon835 still worth to use everyday task.

Thanks very much guys :):)
If it doesn't exist an official method provided, and there is not a post from a user of this specific device, reporting the right method, then you would rely on trying all the command available for fastboot unlocking methods. Just search for "fastboot commands to unlock bootloader"

tempo21661

Dec 3, 2022
Hi all!
Xiaomi Redmi 10c MIUI Global (13.0.2.0.SGERUXM_20221108.0000.00_12.0)
I ask for help:
How initialize standard (Xiaomi) recovery (full or custom [settings only, for example]) manually, without hard reset (where you can choose Automatic Restore), having relevant archives, if there no such menu item.
Thank you!

damsilicon

Dec 7, 2022
How much potential does rooting have? I installed a custom recovery and enabled fastboot, but other than this, I don't have my phone rooted. Not gonna lie, I tried rooting it but something went wrong and gave up. I don't mind, I've never had any need from it, only curiosity.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi all!
Xiaomi Redmi 10c MIUI Global (13.0.2.0.SGERUXM_20221108.0000.00_12.0)
I ask for help:
How initialize standard (Xiaomi) recovery (full or custom [settings only, for example]) manually, without hard reset (where you can choose Automatic Restore), having relevant archives, if there no such menu item.
Thank you!
To start recovery just, from a device off, press volume up + PWR buttons, but...

There's no such option in stock recovery, you can't restore a thing, through it.

Toberius

Jul 1, 2017
Rosario
Hi, I have an old tablet model Gravity brand Mediatek with android 6

kernel version 3.18.22+ [email protected]
compilation number full_elink8163_tbm-user:2017071416
custom compilation alps-mp-m0.mp8-V1.63.1_elink8163.tb.m_P45

There is any way to update firmware ?

Regards.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi, I have an old tablet model Gravity brand Mediatek with android 6

kernel version 3.18.22+ [email protected]
compilation number full_elink8163_tbm-user:2017071416
custom compilation alps-mp-m0.mp8-V1.63.1_elink8163.tb.m_P45

There is any way to update firmware ?

Regards.
If there is an update that has been made for your specific model number, yes. If there has never been an update made for it, no, you can't unless you unlock the bootloader and learn how to build your own updated ROM.

tempo21661

Dec 3, 2022
How to create a <My_Backup> file that can be used later in the <fastboot flash partition My_Backup> command?
[Root and TWRP available].
Hi All!
I conscientiously searched for hours and even days. Unsuccessfully. It's probably just obvious to everyone but me (?).
I suspect the <dd> command, but I refrain from the experiment until there is a complete backup - recovery which I understand.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Naveh

Dec 16, 2022
Hi there,
My phone's camera lens got cracked. I have Redmi note 9 pro so I have 4 lenses (3 of them are fine). I wonder if I can switch the lens the cames uses to one of the others using root or something.

Thanks very much in advance

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
How to create a <My_Backup> file that can be used later in the <fastboot flash partition My_Backup> command?
[Root and TWRP available].
Hi All!
I conscientiously searched for hours and even days. Unsuccessfully. It's probably just obvious to everyone but me (?).
I suspect the <dd> command, but I refrain from the experiment until there is a complete backup - recovery which I understand.
Thank you.
Yes, generally, this can be done through dd if=... of=..., then you can restore the images using fastboot, or depending on the device, there could be, a tool, to restore them. This is just a general scope, because, not always is good to restore this or that partition in an eventual case.

Reactions: Sam Nakamura

Arealhooman

I have a question. I was given a nextbook model nxa8qc116b to fix. They said it had a charging problem. I fix things , doesn’t matter what it is I can fix it. So I got it to charge. Problem is that when it boots up it said “ entering dnx mode. waiting for fastboot command….” Wouldn’t do anything else for a couple months now. Well just to try to get it to exit dnx mode I tried pushing a series of buttons like power + vol up etc. I think what did this was power + vol down + whatever the 4th button is on this thing simultaneously… and now I’m looking at this on the screen. My question is what do I need to do to this thing to get it back to functionality. I would love to trick this thing out with root or a custom mod but right now I’d settle for basic functionality. I really want to impress the girl that gave me this thing by handing it back to her better than ever. She has so written off this device that she said I could have it , but it would be very cool to give it back
Please help
Is it a android device?

bajannn

Feb 2, 2022
Is there a way to disable the touch screen of my android device(Black Shark 4), by that I have damage on the screen, there's a green line that is sometimes white sometimes pink, and it affects touch controls i.e. touches that area randomly. I am using Vysor to control the device to an extent.

Mansamadnog

Dec 16, 2022
How do I update my Samsung galaxy tab E SM-T377W from 7.1.1 to 8.0 or above? Never done this before and looking to play a game that is only available for 8.0 or above.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody!
    I'd like to root an unbranded China tablet and replace Android with some Linux distro, like Ubuntu Touch, but I'm a total newbie and I don't know where to start from.
    Here is what I see in the settings:

View attachment 5798989

Any help would be highly appreciated!
    You don´t need to root the device, in order to put a different ROM, instead, you need to unlock the bootloader. Anyway, From what I know you should need, an Ubuntu Touch ported for your device, the list of devices supported is not extensive, and at least you think to build it for your device, I don´t hink your device is in the list, anyway, you can see the official site, to ckeck it yourself https://ubports.com/nl/supported-products?pk_vid=a6767500f5634ae2167262928843d322
    Hi, thank you for replying. Unfortunately, my device is not listed since it's unbranded. It's still not clear to me how to build and port it for a generic device, when the only information I could retrieve is that it's based on Android 8.
    How can I find the required rom version for a generic Android device from some unknown Chinese manufacturer?
    I don't think is because it's "unbranded", also many "branded" devices are not supported, the official UBports is most likely abandoned?, or if you prefer; "not growing", although some devices had some development in the past, just because of personal initiatives from developers/enthusiasts, I used it in my MiA3, RN7, but I saw, that also these, are abandoned. Also, from what I know, devices not specifically developed for them, should need a custom ROM as a base, i.e. LineageOS.

If you want to know more from your device, you can get more information using an app like Device Specs, or others, try to know if your device can support Treble, I don't think but, just to be sure, install and run an app like treble support, if your device can support it, you, at least, are able to run a GSI, if not, then you are out of luck.
    Hello all, I'm having a bit of an issue. I am currently working with a Trio Stealth G4 10.1 v2. It is currently rooted via kingo root (double checked the root via a separate checker), and I am in the process of trying to install TWRP. It is running KitKat 4.4.2, and I am not able to have the device show up on my computer. I initially attempted to flash TWRP with the recommended app Flashify for root users, but that app seems to not be operational anymore. At that point i discovered the TWRP manager made by Team Win, the same people who make TWRP, which at the very least lets me navigate and initiate a stock recovery back up. This is where the problems begin.

The tablet is freshly factory reset, and only has ~1GB of files total on internal storage. Despite this, when I begin to back up, the img file being created is several times the size. I initially tried to save it to an 8GB microSD inserted in the device, and it gave me a 2GB file before returning to the manager's main screen. Not being able to find any reference for what size this file should be, I moved the img to my computer and inserted a different, 32GB, microSD. I initiated another recovery, and now i have a 4GB img file and TWRP manager gives me a screen saying the back up failed. how can I tell if either of these recovery images are functional or corrupted? do I need to put the img files into an emulator like Bluestacks or in VirtualBox? does this mean I cant flash a custom recovery image? I'm trying to push this tablet past KitKat if I can, and I seem to have gotten a bit farther than others I've seen on forums with this tablet. any help is appreciated and desperately needed.
    The stock recovery backup just backs up your stock recovery to be used in case something goes wrong when flashing your custom recovery via TWRP Manager. You could just as easily download a copy of your stock firmware and extract the stock recovery from the firmware, this ensures you have an uncorrupted copy of your stock recovery.img. If you extract a copy from your stock firmware, you can skip the stock recovery backup step in TWRP Manager and just flash your TWRP.img if you have one.

If TWRP Manager fails to flash your TWRP recovery.img, you could use a Terminal Emulator app to flash the TWRP.img via dd commands but you would have to use some technical methods to identify exactly which mmcblk0(partition) location is the recovery partition on your device then use that address in the dd command to flash the TWRP.img to your recovery partition. You have to be certain you are using the correct dd command with exactly the correct mmcblk0 address, if you get any part of the syntax, characters or spacing wrong, you absolutely WILL brick the device.
    Alright, that definitely seems like a method. how do I go about extracting the recovery image directly from the firmware? I cannot get the device to be detected by my computer and updated drivers for this device are non-existent as the parent comapany who made these devices went bust in 2019, and there's nowhere to source drivers the tablet detects (but i did find a driver windows installed automatically the first time i connected the tablet to my PC, though this is a generic driver that claims to be the latest version). I have a MicroSD that is double the storage of the entire tablet currently in it, is there a way to copy it to the SD manually, like what TWRP manager is trying to do, without my PC? thank you for your help, its greatly appreciated!

Edited to put the quoted post in my reply
    Three ways.

1) if your PC has a card reader you can use a micro SD card to transfer between phone and device

2) you can use a USB pen driive with an adapter to convert USB to Micro USB or USB C to transfer between device and PC

3) you can use a mobile browser on the device to download the firmware and then use an app like Zarchiver from the PlayStore to extract the recovery.img from the firmware.
    I recently tried the dumb move of updating Magisk through the app itself. When rebooted it got stuck on bootloop, I then booted to Orangefox on my Redmi K20 Pro. I then did resetting to defaults in settings which showed 2 errors- Unable to mount system root and vendor(invalid arguement something like that) which resulted in my data being encrypted. When I tried to reboot it said no OS installed. I didn't know what to do so I watched a youtube video instructing to wipe data and rebooting to recovery to fix this(encrypion) and so i did another dumb move of doing it which resulted in my device getting rid of Orangefox then, and now I am stuck on either boot loop with no recovery or in fastboot mode which isn't really doing much since it's not being recognised by my pc. I am not much of a knower in this side but I knew some of the basics and followed instructions to install recovery and root and now have managed to break it. And now I'm panicking. SOMEONE HELP!!
    Repeat the method you did, to boot to TWRP, and, I guess, then flash it to the ramdisk partition, to permanently have it.
    About the PC not recognizing your device, just update the drivers when your device is in fastboot mode, you should see under device manager, something like "bootloader interface".
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II