• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

[email protected]

Oct 11, 2014
Hello world plz help or advice !!!
Iam on AOSP 6.0 x86 arch system!
I've always used and enjoyed KODI multimedia player, but MOST versions don't work on this marshmallow ,I've tried from v14-v16.x of this app but all of them install,and open BUT DO NOT RESPOND TO TOUCH INPUTS!!!
Does anyone on this version of android and under AOSP have a working KODI?

Sent from my AOSP on Santos103G using Tapatalk

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I really need help!!! I am still kind of new to rooting and stuff like that...
I rooted my alcatel ot 4033E and tried installing various roms for it and all the phone still worked fine and would boot to recovery mode but when I installed a specific rom which is the yandex kit rom I didn't really like because there were sound and vibration issues with it so I tried to boot into recovery mode manually using the volume up + power button but this is what happened:

boots up -> android logo -> animation -> black screen -> animation -> android is upgrading -> normal boot up

its like it totally skips the android recovery mode :(:(

I've tried to boot it into recovery mode by CWM but still didn't work :silly::silly:

Has anyone experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? :confused::confused::confused:

Please I really want to change my rom. It has been this way for many months already :crying::crying::crying:
It sounds like you've lost your recovery, flash your recovery again and then see if you can boot to recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Aeruon

Jul 6, 2015
I've got some worries with my Samsung Galaxy S3. I've already posted it in the forum, but not in this thread, so here goes:

[QS-i9300-JB-(OB2) ROM; SIII I9300] "Upgrading Android system" during boot

Hi,
I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3, running a custom rom (modified version of stock rom).
Today, when I booted up the phone, I saw a message along the lines of "Upgrading Android system", followed by (along the lines of) "Completed booting". I'm really cautious with my phone, so I'd like to know what this could've meant. I don't see it being a system update, as I'm rooted and am running a custom ROM. After this happened, I turned off and turned the phone on again I this message did not come up.
So, what could this have meant?
I have a TWRP back-up of a few months ago.
Thanks in advance

pickles523

Dec 25, 2013
I've got some worries with my Samsung Galaxy S3. I've already posted it in the forum, but not in this thread, so here goes:

Hi,
I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3, running a custom rom (modified version of stock rom).
Today, when I booted up the phone, I saw a message along the lines of "Upgrading Android system", followed by (along the lines of) "Completed booting". I'm really cautious with my phone, so I'd like to know what this could've meant. I don't see it being a system update, as I'm rooted and am running a custom ROM. After this happened, I turned off and turned the phone on again I this message did not come up.
Thanks in advance
It is just android reoptimizing apps and system files nothing to worry about. It was most common for me when i was running cyanogwnmod since it has ota updates to update to the latest nightly but pretty good. It also sped me up a little so plus for that.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

RamtheCowy

Mar 30, 2015

Hi,
Thanks in advance

That's usually a screen you see when you do upgrade Android, maybe when you flashed that ROM it specified to call that animation. I don't believe that it is anything shady. Unless you do something with your kernel such that the hardware itself gets compromised, then your device will get bricked and then you will have to worry. Otherwise, most common software meddlings we do shouldn't do anything.

Since it is a stock ROM your phone might have believed it got a software update and shown you that.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my ST21i

Aug 3, 2015
Well, you can definitely do it with apps, here's a few to check out.
http://joyofandroid.com/best-caller-id-apps-for-android/

If you want another way besides using apps just let me know and I'll find something for you, I posted apps in case you wanted something easy.

Thanks but I don't think that's what I am looking for. They all seem to be using online access to match the phone number with some name, but I am talking about information that's already within the incoming call. On my old Windows I didn't have internet enabled, and yet it was able to show the full name of the strangers calling me.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Thanks but I don't think that's what I am looking for. They all seem to be using online access to match the phone number with some name, but I am talking about information that's already within the incoming call. On my old Windows I didn't have internet enabled, and yet it was able to show the full name of the strangers calling me.
I don't see why one of them wouldn't do what you are looking for but that's your choice.

Asesh

Dec 10, 2013
Rooting and then flashing marshmallow on Infocus m530

I've recently bought an Infocus m530 and is totally blown away by the performance, compared with the cost. I especially like the camera. Its has a Sony imx214 sensor and gives an output of 13mp, and has f/1.8 aperture.
I was thinking if I can root the phone and flash the Android 6, then I'll be able to install Camera L that will allow me to have total manual control over my camera.
Presently, no app is allowing me to set the focus by a precise manner for example, by using a slider mechanism AND, the shutter speed.
Ofcouse, there are other benefits to rooting to, but I want to do it just to install camera L and perhaps other camera apps (like manual camera/control when and if its available on my device).

The problem is I dont know anything about flashing roms. I've rooted 2 other devices by following online tutorials. So, although I'm not new to rooting, I actually don't understand what happens on the software(kernel?) level. And as I dont know, I will need you peoples help to help me flash marshmallow on my device.
So, anyone have any ideas or advices for me??:fingers-crossed:

Thanks in advance.
Cheers. :D

RamtheCowy

Mar 30, 2015
I've recently bought an Infocus m530 and is totally blown away by the performance, compared with the cost. I especially like the camera. Its has a Sony imx214 sensor and gives an output of 13mp, and has f/1.8 aperture.
I was thinking if I can root the phone and flash the Android 6, then I'll be able to install Camera L that will allow me to have total manual control over my camera.
Presently, no app is allowing me to set the focus by a precise manner for example, by using a slider mechanism AND, the shutter speed.
Ofcouse, there are other benefits to rooting to, but I want to do it just to install camera L and perhaps other camera apps (like manual camera/control when and if its available on my device).

The problem is I dont know anything about flashing roms. I've rooted 2 other devices by following online tutorials. So, although I'm not new to rooting, I actually don't understand what happens on the software(kernel?) level. And as I dont know, I will need you peoples help to help me flash marshmallow on my device.
So, anyone have any ideas or advices for me??:fingers-crossed:

Thanks in advance.
Cheers. :D

I would highly recommend the Android Hackers Handbook. I'll send you the link to somewhere where you can download it.

Sent from my ST21i

Reactions: Asesh

triumpa

May 25, 2014
Hi everyone, i'm looking for a custom/stock rom for my NGM Racing 3 to resetting the device: it's stuck on boot! I have already tried to do a factory reset, but without result. I'm looking for the stock firmware (based on android 4.2.2) but it is not on the internet. Are there any compatible rom form this device?
Please, the device is stuck and i can't use it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're right - in that, that you haven't seen them. But they are/were very common really...
    If you are still interested in doing this, try looking in param.lfs. I know it may be a bit late, I didn't see this post until now.
    If you are still interested in doing this, try looking in param.lfs. I know it may be a bit late, I didn't see this post until now.
    No, @qaz6545 was the one who was interested in that, I tried to guide them exactly for that partition you are mentioning (param) and that rarely a device has the bootlogo in the boot partition (except Sony devices not exactly in the boot but in the ramdisk) in my own experience newer Samsung devices has these images placed in the param.bin and in older models is in the bootloader. For a strange reason they insist on searching for in the boot image.
    SHi All,
    Sorry if this the wrong place to post about Samsung Tab A SM-T515.

I managed to flash TWRP recovery, however now I cannot find any suitable custom Ron (I.E. Lineage OS) .

Please can someone send me link to rom thread or working link.

Thank you
    Simple Google search for:

"SM-T515 custom ROMs"

Gets you the following link as the first link in the search results.

Things are very easy to find if you just know how to tell the machine(internet search) exactly what you are looking for.
    Can you root an A20s (SM-A207M)? I tried to do it with odin and download the right files of TWRP for my A20s, but it just ended up giving me a security error, which ive fixed somehow.
    Do you have the "OEM unlock" option enabled in developer options?

If bootloader is locked, you won't be able to flash TWRP or any other custom software.
    @SubwayChamp @Droidriven

away from idea of change splash image. now the Samsung j500h/ds phone in boot loop, no matter number of time that try re flashing it (with stock rom). also i sent it to shop that own something called dongle but get same result (boot loop) afrer he flash stock (also try custom rom).

but still accept flashing twrp custom recovery (over himidail or odin). fast note before do any think i take nandroid backup (as my phone internal storage is small i use command line to create twrp nandroid backup and storage it directly to PC), but when try use them the first one not work (alarm it's damage) where the second one install every think till come to the imei and waiting without donothing (as it did not backed).

is there's any way erase everything on it, reparation it, install rom. or is there,s any way to wipe all data and use it as usb (storage for data)?
    It seems a hardware damage, if a JTAG doesn't fix it then the motherboard need to be replaced, these old (and bad) devices accept a limited cycle of flashing (without errors), and with errors (mistaken flashing) the capacity drop dramatically.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II