• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

idstumped

Jan 12, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by idstumped
Tried flashing original rom off of external memeory from TWRP. The phone fails to go past the boot page and I no longer ave access to TWRP. It is like I have no internal memory and the rom is not there. When I had the DN4 rom on it, at one point at the end before the phone stopped working, it was in a boot loop. It would power one by itself, try to boot (animation would run for awhile) then it would shut off but then it would turn on by itself and do the whole loop over and over.
Do I flash an original rom to it through odin now?

Yes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Flashed stock rom with odin. Displayed "Pass" but now stuck on logo screen.
Tried Vol up-home-power at got android with belly turning and then shut down.
I wanted to wipe data but didn't get to the menu.
Should I install TWRP with odin and wipe data from there?

Re-installed stock rom several times: passed every time
was able to get to recovery screen and wipe data and cache.
rebooted many times
phones starts powering up goes through logo screen, then balls dropping and gets hung up on glowing logo screen. It stays there for a while, shuts off and restarts never getting passed glowing logo screen. After several tries sometimes it will go to battery screen where it freezes.
Can't install TWRP with odin; odin stops responding.
Can it be installed with sd card and recovery screen?
Can the bootloader have anything to do with this problem? I think I upgraded it to install the DN4 rom.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by idstumped
Tried flashing original rom off of external memeory from TWRP. The phone fails to go past the boot page and I no longer ave access to TWRP. It is like I have no internal memory and the rom is not there. When I had the DN4 rom on it, at one point at the end before the phone stopped working, it was in a boot loop. It would power one by itself, try to boot (animation would run for awhile) then it would shut off but then it would turn on by itself and do the whole loop over and over.
Do I flash an original rom to it through odin now?

Yes

Flashed stock rom with odin. Displayed "Pass" but now stuck on logo screen.
Tried Vol up-home-power at got android with belly turning and then shut down.
I wanted to wipe data but didn't get to the menu.
Should I install TWRP with odin and wipe data from there?
Try flashing your stock firmware again but this time do it with the autoreboot option UNCHECKED, after flashing, disconnect device and try booting straight to recovery, if you can get to recovery do a factory reset and reboot.

If that doesn't work then flash TWRP

NeoLogY

Dec 26, 2014
I'll try this when im home from work
It happend back when I'm still on kitkat. And still is on lollipop

Those kitkat and lollipop ROM, custom or official ROM? Did you manually flash/update them? Details about you ROM?
BTW, check the background data restrictions in network setting, everything related to notification.

Attachments

• 1452677792833.jpg
    1452677792833.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 1452677812817.jpg
    1452677812817.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 1452677825978.jpg
    1452677825978.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 66

hossam55

Apr 6, 2015
hi
want to ask about system rom size
titanium backup shows that my system rom size is 774MB
so what is the maximum size for zipped rom i can flash?
and if i'm flashing a rom that is bigger than the rom size with cwm will it say that flashed successful or it will abort ?
if there any tutorial for how to increase system rom partition please provide the link

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Thank you.
I do not want to root my phone. At least not right now.
I am trying to just get rid of the Kingo Superuser file.
Is your advice offered as a solution to that issue or as a root method?
If you have kingoroot/kinguser then you should already be rooted. To unroot you need to use the supersume app to replace kinguser with superSU, then delete all the other kingoroot stuff then open superSU and find its settings, in superSU settings you'll find the option to remove root and uninstall superSU, do that and root along with the root managers will be gone.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Re-installed stock rom several times: passed every time
was able to get to recovery screen and wipe data and cache.
rebooted many times
phones starts powering up goes through logo screen, then balls dropping and gets hung up on glowing logo screen. It stays there for a while, shuts off and restarts never getting passed glowing logo screen. After several tries sometimes it will go to battery screen where it freezes.
Can't install TWRP with odin; odin stops responding.
Can it be installed with sd card and recovery screen?
Can the bootloader have anything to do with this problem? I think I upgraded it to install the DN4 rom.
Your bootloader may be locked after upgrading, if it is then you'll have to unlock it if you want to flash the device.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

hi
want to ask about system rom size
titanium backup shows that my system rom size is 774MB
so what is the maximum size for zipped rom i can flash?
and if i'm flashing a rom that is bigger than the rom size with cwm will it say that flashed successful or it will abort ?
if there any tutorial for how to increase system rom partition please provide the link
If what you flash is made for your device then you shouldn't need to do any repartitioning to flash it.

hossam55

Apr 6, 2015
---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
If what you flash is made for your device then you shouldn't need to do any repartitioning to flash it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

No not made for my device iam flashing 500mb rom and always stck at boot animation i thought because it may be begger than my syatem rom size

idstumped

Jan 12, 2016
Try flashing your stock firmware again but this time do it with the autoreboot option UNCHECKED, after flashing, disconnect device and try booting straight to recovery, if you can get to recovery do a factory reset and reboot.

If that doesn't work then flash TWRP

Tried first suggestion; same results-phone gets stuck on glowing logo and sometimes not even that far, shuts off and then on and does the loop over a couple of times.

Tried flashing TWRP with odin 3.07 but odin gets hung up then eventually "Odin not responding" and odin is frozen. Odin works fine for flashing stock rom but freezes when flashing TWRP.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi, I was wondering if you could get the PIT file for a Galaxy SGH-T399N? Thanks.
Ask in a thread or forum for your model

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

No not made for my device iam flashing 500mb rom and always stck at boot animation i thought because it may be begger than my syatem rom size
If it isn't made for your device then you have no business flashing it, you'll only mess your device up.

Last edited:

GalaxyVibe

Nov 10, 2015
Ask in a thread or forum for your model

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

If it isn't made for your device then you have no business flashing it, you'll only mess your device up.

My phone only allows me to get into download mode. And yes, I already ask in a thread for my model.: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/samsung-galaxy-light-sgh-t399n-pit-file-t3292140 Thanks.

Startropic1

Jan 13, 2016
I just got a new Allwinner A33 tablet, the specs are:
V11 Quad Core A33
10.1" Screen
Android 4.4.2
Firmware v2.0
Kernel 3.4.39 [email protected] #423
Build number astar_y3-eng 4.4.2 KVT49L 20150721 test-keys
Hardware: sun8i
board: exdroid
brand: Allwinner

Is there a custom Android 5 or 6 ROM (any compatible 5 or 6 ROM really), that I can install on this tablet? I'm a bit of an android n00b, so any help would be appreciated.

xenreon

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 2, 2014
I just got a new Allwinner A33 tablet, the specs are:
V11 Quad Core A33
10.1" Screen
Android 4.4.2
Firmware v2.0
Kernel 3.4.39 [email protected] #423
Build number astar_y3-eng 4.4.2 KVT49L 20150721 test-keys
Hardware: sun8i
board: exdroid
brand: Allwinner

Is there a custom Android 5 or 6 ROM (any compatible 5 or 6 ROM really), that I can install on this tablet? I'm a bit of an android n00b, so any help would be appreciated.

Google "custom recovery *your model number*" and "custom rom *your model number*", you'll get pretty all that's available for your tablet

ChainzOfGlory

Feb 28, 2014
Gotham
It's possible there is no root for your phone yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainzOfGlory
I downloaded it on my pc and it downloaded a bunch of malware and a Trojan along with the root program. I can get rid of that or reset. Anyways, vroot gets to saying rooting, then waiting for device, then my phone restarts, and when it comes back on, vroot shows it as failed and to try root again. I checked with root checker and no root happened.

Still need help if possible. I've tried kingroot, kingoroot, vroot, framaroot, and both the pc and one click app versions for all. No dice, anyone know how I can grant root access to this phone?

Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro
Model TCL 5042T. Literally spent hours searching every page of Google for root help on this phone.
-----
Quote: Qiangong2
----
I'm surprised others with my same phone have said kingroot has worked for them. Does anyone know how to manually root a phone (in this case, TCL 5042T Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro)?

It would mean a lot if someone could help me root this phone, I'd be indebted to your knowledge and courtesy of helping.

inmydream316

Aug 29, 2012
Hello
I have ATT LG G vista and updated to 5.02.
i just searched web so many times and there is no root available???
5.02 took so much internal spaces and cannot install apps!!!
I want root access to move apps to SD card.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello
I have ATT LG G vista and updated to 5.02.
i just searched web so many times and there is no root available???
5.02 took so much internal spaces and cannot install apps!!!
I want root access to move apps to SD card.
If a Google search for "how to root LG G vista 5.0.2" doesn't turn up any results then most likely there is no known root for your device, that means you'll have to keep experimenting with all the universal root apps and the universal android rooting programs on PC.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainzOfGlory
I downloaded it on my pc and it downloaded a bunch of malware and a Trojan along with the root program. I can get rid of that or reset. Anyways, vroot gets to saying rooting, then waiting for device, then my phone restarts, and when it comes back on, vroot shows it as failed and to try root again. I checked with root checker and no root happened.

Still need help if possible. I've tried kingroot, kingoroot, vroot, framaroot, and both the pc and one click app versions for all. No dice, anyone know how I can grant root access to this phone?

Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro
Model TCL 5042T. Literally spent hours searching every page of Google for root help on this phone.
-----
Quote: Qiangong2
----
I'm surprised others with my same phone have said kingroot has worked for them. Does anyone know how to manually root a phone (in this case, TCL 5042T Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro)?

It would mean a lot if someone could help me root this phone, I'd be indebted to your knowledge and courtesy of helping.

If other owners of your model rooted their device with kingroot they probably had an older stock firmware version, if your stock firmware version is newer than what they had then that rooting method probably isn't going to work for you.

inmydream316

Aug 29, 2012
If a Google search for "how to root LG G vista 5.0.2" doesn't turn up any results then most likely there is no known root for your device, that means you'll have to keep experimenting with all the universal root apps and the universal android rooting programs on PC.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

If other owners of your model rooted their device with kingroot they probably had an older stock firmware version, if your stock firmware version is newer than what they had then that rooting method probably isn't going to work for you.

that's why i posted here if there was anything available.
oh well..i guess i am stuck or switch phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    greeting
    it been more than 15 day (10 add to xda + 5 days befor) try change the splash image (logo image without get my target.

my phone is (sm-j500h/ds, with installed custom rom, Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410, 1.2 GHz Quad-core). debend on artical inside xda there's file called param, it continue the logo image. so i should just find it and change it's extentsion to .tar to unzip it.

what i do and face till now:

menu of commands that i use and the results:

please note i keep original copy from the file and every time try unpack the file by some command i delete the and go take copy from the original file (to be sure it not damage from the command i run).

i hope find any help to know how i can unpack the param (indoe/device block) file so i can know the logo image extension and dimension to create custom one and back it so i can change the device logo.

thanks in advance
    You don't need to change the extension of the file to tarball to unzip it, param.bin can be unpacked using 7zip.

Get the file from your firmware, keep the original file and do a copy, from the copy unpack the images from inside to work with them, change what you want keeping the extension (usually JPG) and also try to keep a similar weight cause this partition in some devices has a very limited space, after of edit the images open in one side the param.bin copy (without unpacking it) and drag and drop the images inside the copy, you will be prompted to replace the files, after that using 7zip compress the param.bin into tar archive and flash it through Odin checking in the BL box, you should need to wipe data through recovery. Of course, all of this assuming that your device is unlocked.
    patching boot image gave bootloop
    Kingroot framroot ->root strategy not available
    Super su is a normal app
    SuperSu as a normal app has to prompt to update binaries, the app itself can't root your device, the SuperSu has to do it but if I don't remember bad you already tried it.
    I think the problem is with ramdisk or rom, they designed in such a way that it should not allow root.
    Yes, it seems that it is.
    Tried porting RR 5.5.9, showed boot animation but didnt get into the system. animation only for 30mins.
    It never gets more than 6 minutes for this kind of ROMs, the rest is a waste of time.
    Can you give me link of base rom like cm12.1 for mt6580 kernel 3.10.72+
    If it works ine then I can root there, rooting cant work on stock rom , so found this alternative
    Changing completely the ROM could work.

You will find a lot of ROMs available just by typing "custom ROM for mt6580 kernel 3.10.72", this is just one of the examples https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/rom-viperos-beta-7-1-2-mtk6580-kernel-3-10-72-x5-air/36664 your device can run well L, MM and N using the same porting guide (just minimal missed files) and here you have one of the lot of threads available in porting guides http://mediatekdevs.blogspot.com/2016/11/porting-guide-mt-6580.html this teaches just a little portion, you should need to complement with more guides, also some related to unpacking and porting boot images, this is an easy-to-use tool for that https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904020080

Many of those ROMs could boot with just replace/port the boot image, but afterwards you should need to replace other files too if you find issues.

Other interesting ROMs you could try through SP Flash tool https://www.getgsmtips.com/vivo-clone-v11-mt6580-flash-file-free-cm2-firmware/ and https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682902906 just be careful to not use other files than system image, you should port the boot file.
    thanks for replay
    attached fx file explorer imae that show the file proberties
    yeah twrp Custom recovery, custom rom, rooted using magisk root, use FX File Explorer plus root browser.

when read your post i install 7zip on windows platform and try but it did not work als install ultraiso and did not work. also i was tryed use tar -xf mmcblk0p12 to extract it over linux platform but it dud not work.

also i try take copy of the file using different ways. i use "dd" command in twrp consol, take copy using fx file exploar and alsi try root browser.

did the attached image say it the correct file type (first image show param file is symlink file that linked to mmcblck0p12, second image show properties and path of inode/ block device mmcblck0p12. did i reach the correct file?
    TBH I don't understand what you are trying to do, it seems you're going around the whole block to get to the corner.

Do you have the param.bin file from your firmware? I mean a firmware that you downloaded from some site, you always have to get one in case something goes wrong, not a partition that has to be pulled from your device.

Which is the build number from the stock ROM that you are using as base?
    greeting

1- i succeed to install /e/ os it change the animation image but did not change the samsung logo image (splash image).
    2- i try change the splash image.

3- i did not have the param.bin file. i download my stock rom unpacked it (attached image name "1stok rom" show what i find inside it"). i succeed to unpack recovery.img and boot.img using "abootimg -x command" that's give me three files (config file, kernel image, ramdisk image), i try search inside boot and recovery ramdisk image but they did not continue param file.

4- i only can reach the param (symlink) and param (inode/block device), that i pulled them from my device (ijust try follow what i find on the xda subject (all connected subject that i read speak only about how pulled it from device).

5- if i understand correct i need param.bin file that inside my stock rom, if that correct can help to know how do this or direct me to article show the way.

sorry for my bad language, English mot my first language.
    thanks in advance
    Ok, we would start by here, some firmware contains this file, probably you downloaded one that it doesn't.

Use an app like MiXplorer and follow those steps:
    1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Transfer the file to your PC, edit it, then compress the images into a tar file, and you should be able to flash it back through Odin in the BL partition or using Heimdal through Linux.
    many thanks
    1- i install "MiXplorer_v6.57.1-API26-RC_B21070520.apk" from "https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...released-fully-featured-file-manager.1523691/"

2- i follow the images step by step and it end with create mmcblk0p12.zip, but when take it to pc it did not open.
    Not to create, do a copy to another place exactly like I did it, don´t use the other options within MiXplorer. Doing a copy, MiXplorer will do automatically a zip file.
    3- i attached 2 version of mmcblk0p12.zip file there's any change check if they open may be there's some wierd problem in my pc.
    Why 2 versions? Why not simply the one you copied without renaming it, your zip became like corrupt this way, do as indicated before.
    4- i am a little bit confused in last post you ask me that (Do you have the param.bin file from your firmware? I mean a firmware that you downloaded from some site, you always have to get one in case something goes wrong, not a partition that has to be pulled from your device).
    but the image that i fllow it also show how to pull palam file from the device.
    Well, some firmware come into 5 sparse files compressed into a single one either a zip or a tar.m5sum, the param.bin it is placed in some devices in the BL file.

Do exactly again the process and re-upload the file. I actually have an A20, although I have this file available in my firmware also I can do it this way that I showed to you.

This is an example how the images look like from within the param.bin, download the zip and check it, furthermore, if the resolution is similar than your device you could use this file too preventing to get a way to restore your firmware if something goes wrong: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/boot-logo.3898815/
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II