• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

NeoLogY

Dec 26, 2014
Well I have another issue with the straight talk sunset. I returned the first one i had problems with and exchange it out, I rooted with kingroot and everything was fine. I got to tinkering with titanium back up, (obviously I shouldn't) and tried to integrate updated into rom twice, both times it would hang on google play. After that the play store would crash, so I factory reset. The first time i did it was no problem, the phone restored and everything was fine. The second time I factory reset there was no google play, and when I opened google games an error message came up that said my device was not compatible with google play services. I manually installed the apk for google play and play services, many times and many versions, same issue. I understand why titanium backup failed to integrate but I dont get this issue. King root was still installed after factory reset, I uninstalled and tried again, and again many times. When the factory set up came up and asked for google account info it would just hang on loading screen every time after the first time i reset the phone, but if i skipped that part the phone would set up and everything worked just missing google play (services was still there along with everything else) and when it was reinstalled and opened it would get to the process of downloading an app and crash every time. I'm done with this phone, I just want to understand WHY? I tried clearing cache, data, market doctor, and every thing else i could find online.

I got no answer for the "why" part, but if you have a nandroid backup, it might be able to get your device work as before. Or, find your stock firmware, flash, reroot.

NeoLogY

Dec 26, 2014
CWM and such are not supporting the LGL33L and I have found no way to create a recover or nandroid back up that works for this phone, stock recovery is my only option at this point and it has failed to correct issues on 2 phones now. The only kind of back up I can find that works is just the titanium back up, wich helps. Unfortunatly I deleted the files from my computer by mistake. I have not been able to find a stock Rom to flash. The sunset is a low end phone so there is really no support for it. Luckily Wal-Mart will take back anything so again I have a new one, however they are not going to continue to replace my phone every time, I'm supprised they did twice. Until I find a reliable method for recovery I don't even want to root, and what's the fun in that?

Let's cut the clutter, not to be rude, just trying to save the page of this thread. From my opinions;
1. Find a stock firmware for your model, flashtool for lg, flash it.
2. Since your model got no custom recovery, its a good reason to learn how to build one.?
3. Titanium backup only good for backing apps and data, but not for ROM or any other partition, so it won't be able to restore your device system. (Another reason to build your custom recovery).
4. And then you'll know what is the real "fun" of playing with Android.???

BTW, lucky you Walmart loves you.?

Last edited:

j9j9j9j9

Jan 17, 2016
Medellin
Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 (Red Original CSC ERO) Bosnia.
Guys I am having issues with network connection. I am running on stock rom 4.4.2 PDA, BAND BASE and BOOTLOADER: I9195XXUCNK4 CSC: I9195OXXCOA1

I am living in Colombia, current carrier Claro Colombia. I have flashed many different rom variants and I have never been able to connect successfully to 3G, H+ or 4G for more than a minute. Then network fails. I have to stick to EDGE. Any ideas? I have flashed also different modems and same result: some minutes and then back to same problem. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

shash222

Jan 13, 2016
Having trouble "lunching" device while building cm 12.1

Hi, I am trying to build CyanogenMod for the Samsung Galaxy Avant (for learning purposes), but it not supported by the ROM. This is my first build ever, so please cut me some slack. I have been following a tutorial to build one for this phone, and was successfully able to get to the "lunch" stage of the build. When I "lunch" the device name, however, I receive an error in Terminal:

build/core/product_config.mk:234: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "afyonltetmo". Stop.
Device afyonltetmo not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (ht tp:// github . c om/ Cyanogen Mod).
Repository for afyonltetmo not found in the CyanogenMod Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.
build/core/product_config.mk:234: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "afyonltetmo". Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'afyonltetmo'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

This prevents me from continuing with the build, so what do I do to fix it? How do I manually add it to my local_manifests? I am doing this on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit, by the way. Also, I can use the stock kernel to for this build right? The current ROM I am running does not support wifi or using the camera. Sorry for this noobish question, and thanks for all of your help.

Startropic1

Jan 13, 2016
I'm having trouble getting my custom boot animation copied into the system/media folder. My custom bootanimation.zip is just over 200MB. Apparently the internal storage of my tablet is divided into two areas, "Local" or "Device" and "SDCard", (which btw SDCard is not an actual SD card but more internal storage.) In android settings it is showing that in the "local" partition I have over 400MB free, so should be enough room for me to get my 200MB bootanimation.zip into there right? I'm using ES File Explorer (which has root access) and it keeps telling me there's not enough space. What's going on here? (I'm running Android 4.4.2 on a 10.1" Allwinner A33 tablet.)

presto96

Jan 17, 2016
Hello! Lenovo released a new smartphone 3 months ago, called A1000 (not to be confused with the 2 year old A1000F ideapad). After searching for more than 3 days, i concluded that there are no ways to root this smartphone. I tried:
Kingo root
One click root
Kingroot
Yet none worked. There is also no sub-forum here on xda. Its like this smartphone is invisible to the world.

It runs android Lollipop. You can see its specifications here: gsmarena.com/lenovo_a1000-7605.php (sorry, no links allowed.)

Can someone help me root it? Or some recognition from xda to start a subforum?

Big_Str1ker

Jan 17, 2016
CRICKET WIRELESS sm g920 az 5.1.1

Hey everyone. Thanks for your forum support and appreciate your time.

I have successfully rooted smg920t and using xtrestolite deodoxed rom and am now using tasker and simply love this forum and rooted access.
Need help for my fiances device.

CARRIER: Cricket Wireless
DEVICE: Galaxy S6
MODEL: SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ
BASEBAND: g920aztuu3boj6
ANDROID VER: 5.1.1

How do I root this using Odin? Or is there a better way like ping pong root?
I want to be able to use a fast bloatfree rom like xtrestolite for this.
DO NOT CARE ABOUT TRIPPING KNOX.

Hopefully someone can help thanks so much.
Sorry for bump. Would appreciate any assistance with this please.

Maiksnsn

Jan 14, 2016
Hello everyone.

i bought a Wiko rainbow Jam and i'd like to Root it.
I tried many tools (including Kingoroot, Framaroot, Towelroot) to root it, but none of them worked. I allready asked on the XDA-Assist board but they Linked me here. So i'll give it a try :)

:)

kpizzle666

Jan 18, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S5 SCL23 au - ROOT HELP

Hi,

I can't find anywhere in google where there is a guide to root this model. (It's on android 5.0)

It is the Japanese version of the s5 made for their network, but it has been unlocked for NZ networks so I can use it here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Kingroot didn't work nor towel root

Thanks

wizzbang3

Nov 18, 2010
Why does the Android hosts file not work when using Chrome as a web browser?!

I am using "hosts editor" and editing the hosts file, to block out a couple of web sites, but when I try to access them in chrome, they still work?
If I install a ping application, I can see the hosts entry is being recognized, but SPECIFICALLY not in chrome?

This has been an ongoing problem for me for years, Android is working as intended (all apps, the OS, all are paying attention to the hosts file) ONLY CHROME is being an idiot.
Thoughts?

jpwhre

Aug 3, 2008
Tucson
Why does the Android hosts file not work when using Chrome as a web browser?!

I am using "hosts editor" and editing the hosts file, to block out a couple of web sites, but when I try to access them in chrome, they still work?
If I install a ping application, I can see the hosts entry is being recognized, but SPECIFICALLY not in chrome?

This has been an ongoing problem for me for years, Android is working as intended (all apps, the OS, all are paying attention to the hosts file) ONLY CHROME is being an idiot.
Thoughts?
Uninstall chrome and use stock device web browser. I hate chrome.

wizzbang3

Nov 18, 2010
Uninstall chrome and use stock device web browser. I hate chrome.

The stock browser has been decommissioned by Google / Samsung long ago, I also have issues with Chrome on the desktop and mobile (iOS and Android!) but this is not exactly a solid explanation to a very odd behavior, this reeks of a full on bug, or deliberate misreading of the hosts file in order to push advertising to users?
Surely I can't be the only person with this issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess it is not possible.

That works in windows. It does not change the name in android devices.

Unless I misunderstand what is meant by 'server'. These printers are on a home wlan. Is the router the 'server's?
    Not through Windows because in Windows will be easy, you need to change the name where it is identified and changing it through Windows you'd change just how Windows "want" to call it but not its visible name for the other devices in the same network.

This is supposedly what you have to do https://www.dummies.com/programming...cess-a-network-printer-using-a-web-interface/ it could depend on if your printer offers this kind of possibilities to interact with.

These 2 answers, from the first already linked site, complete the way to do it:

"Yet when I log into printer via its IP address: Choose Networking, Network Identification, Network Identification, Current Settings . . and try to change the Hostname field then click APPLY, the name changes back to the default hostname NPI5087A4. How can I change this??

The "default Hostname" filed is greyed out
    "

...And the issue was for letting spaces between names;

"You can change the Host Name, but it can't have any spaces or I just use an underscore. (i.e. Color_Printer)

That's why everyone keeps getting the error
    ."
    Thank you subwaychamp. Problem solved. 👍👍
    You're right - in that, that you haven't seen them. But they are/were very common really...
    If you are still interested in doing this, try looking in param.lfs. I know it may be a bit late, I didn't see this post until now.
    If you are still interested in doing this, try looking in param.lfs. I know it may be a bit late, I didn't see this post until now.
    No, @qaz6545 was the one who was interested in that, I tried to guide them exactly for that partition you are mentioning (param) and that rarely a device has the bootlogo in the boot partition (except Sony devices not exactly in the boot but in the ramdisk) in my own experience newer Samsung devices has these images placed in the param.bin and in older models is in the bootloader. For a strange reason they insist on searching for in the boot image.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II