Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ratcoder

Jul 10, 2016
You should have a recovery.img if you have the right file.

The TWRP recovery that you have can flash .img files if your version is new enough. Or you could use flashify to flash the recovery.img.

I DO NOT PROVIDE HELP IN PM, KEEP IT IN THE THREADS FOR EVERYONE TO SHARE

Hi
I flashed the recovery.img extracted from Marshmallow update.app file and flash it using flashify but still phone is not updating instead of restarting to recovery after going to update locally it restarts to bootloader screen. Now what should I do

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Hi
I flashed the recovery.img extracted from Marshmallow update.app file and flash it using flashify but still phone is not updating instead of restarting to recovery after going to update locally it restarts to bootloader screen. Now what should I do
To apply stock updates you have to be unrooted, have stock recovery and an unmodified system, basically go back to what you had before you changed anything, anything that you did that modified system has to be undone then apply the update.

If you're just trying to get the stock recovery back then you should find your stock firmware, download it and extract the recovery.img from the firmware and flash that instead of what you extracted from the update app. The stuff in the update app that you extracted has more than just the stock recovery.

Reactions: ratcoder

alpesh11

Oct 18, 2016
rajkot
usb failed, no recovery mode, only downloading mode, i8552 samsung quattro

[/COLOR]
Hi mate!
Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

Hi
my phone i8552 has flashed and only downloading mode shown but usb failed and recovery mode is not opening so please help me that how to instal stock rom or any other key for recovery. And also my phone shows the Samsung logo and then blank off when I started it. Please Help Me.:confused::(

ratcoder

Jul 10, 2016
To apply stock updates you have to be unrooted, have stock recovery and an unmodified system, basically go back to what you had before you changed anything, anything that you did that modified system has to be undone then apply the update.

If you're just trying to get the stock recovery back then you should find your stock firmware, download it and extract the recovery.img from the firmware and flash that instead of what you extracted from the update app. The stuff in the update app that you extracted has more than just the stock recovery.

Thank u very much. I am now on Marshmallow :D but now I am having another problem. I tried rooting it but when I flash the supersu zip file, it did not root and my device got into bootloop and basically I have to reset everything. Now I am on stock ROM and stock recovery. Now how should I root so that, I may not run into problems again. And is it possible to root without replacing stock recovery. I have my laptop installed with linux and adb set. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Thank u very much. I am now on Marshmallow :D but now I am having another problem. I tried rooting it but when I flash the supersu zip file, it did not root and my device got into bootloop and basically I have to reset everything. Now I am on stock ROM and stock recovery. Now how should I root so that, I may not run into problems again. And is it possible to root without replacing stock recovery. I have my laptop installed with linux and adb set. Thanks again for the help.
You'll have to do a search for:

"How to root (your model number) Marshmallow 6.0"

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Already searched can't found any valid post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-4x/help/huawei-honor-4x-marshmallow-rooting-t3399394 according to this no one has been able to root Che1-L04 on marshmallow , so what should I do
If there is no known method then all you can do is experiment with all the different universal rooting apps and PC rooting tools.

In the future, if you want to update but prefer to have root then I suggest you check if there is even a way to root the updated software before you do the update.

FuppedDuck

Jul 20, 2016
Dual Boot

With all this garbage of blocking root for games like Pokemon Go. I was curious if a solution could be dual booting with one stock ROM not rooted to play the games on and one rooted with my custom Venom ROM for everyday use when not playing? This may have been suggested or asked but I couldn't find it. Does anyone have any suggestions on going about doing this? Is it possible,? I assume some partitioning would need to be done to keep them separate so the rooted system couldn't be scanned by SafetyNet.

Last edited:

dreyfus08

Oct 19, 2016
P9 Plus Question

Hi, Just got my P9 Plus with the model VIE-AL10 build VIE-AL10C00B183, is there a way I could reinstall the android marshmallow? or follow this, I found EVA-AL10C00B183 but is it similar with the model and build number of mine? Thanks

jean_deanny

Nov 17, 2015
Hello,
Does someone know what type of this "pie" is this and how to turn it off? It appears when ever I touch the right edge of the screen, even on keyboard, very disturbing..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Ke7--T9PPmak1zSmRGOTRiZFE/view?usp=drivesdk

I am using Resurrection Remix Android M for Oneplus X.
It is not the Pie feature, nor OmniSwitch...
------------
[update] I have found the answer. It's the AppCircleBar, I accidentally enabled when customizing QuickSettings Panel.

Last edited:

maamiradina

Feb 6, 2014
Peshawar
Hello guys..:)
I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answed the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.

Please refer to my thread'a link.
Thank you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/guidance-buying-original-samsung-t3483495

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Hello,
Does someone know what type of this "pie" is this and how to turn it off? It appears when ever I touch the right edge of the screen, even on keyboard, very disturbing..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Ke7--T9PPmak1zSmRGOTRiZFE/view?usp=drivesdk

I am using Resurrection Remix Android M for Oneplus X.
It is not the Pie feature, nor OmniSwitch...
------------
[update] I have found the answer. It's the AppCircleBar, I accidentally enabled when customizing QuickSettings Panel.
That's called "App Circle", it's in your "extra" custom settings in your ROM, I don't use RR so I don't know where that setting is in your ROM.

Reactions: jean_deanny

gta0gagan

Sep 27, 2016
Hey, I hava a UBI SLATE 7cz tablet, which once I tried rooting, but something got screwed up and the problem is, whenever i restart my device all my data is lost, the tablet treat it as first time start, i cant access memory card also only the inbuilt storage even there i can't write anything, can anyone help me regarding this

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Hey, I hava a UBI SLATE 7cz tablet, which once I tried rooting, but something got screwed up and the problem is, whenever i restart my device all my data is lost, the tablet treat it as first time start, i cant access memory card also only the inbuilt storage even there i can't write anything, can anyone help me regarding this

What method did you use to root it? If it is booting like its the first time then it seems like something was flashed during your rooting process or it involved you doing some kind of wipe or it somehow got wiped by the rooting process itself.

Last edited:

gta0gagan

Sep 27, 2016
What method did you use to root it? If it is booting like its the first time then it seems like something was flashed during your rooting process or it involved you doing some kind of wipe or it somehow got wiped by the rooting process itself.

I used some kind of app in phone to root it, I forgot the name of the app, also every restart of the tab makes the tab think its first time start

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. I know it's a big ask and I'm sure this will get buried in the thread but I was wondering if you all would star an issue I submitted a while ago ( and even a while ago before as well)

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/146322464

The request is to give us the ability to control location accuracy on a per-app basis. Rather than simply giving an app location permission, it would be nice to restrict the accuracy of the location.

Example: a weather app does not need to know my location down to the foot to tell me the weather in my city. A driving app would need that level of accuracy.

Apple coincidentally introduced this as a privacy feature in iOS 14 called Approximate Location. I would like to think they follow the Android issue tracker and whored it off of my request.

Anyways, if you could take 2 seconds to star that issue I would appreciate it. And maybe you'd like the idea too.
    1. Yes I've installed drivers multiple times.
    2. Yes these devices haven't been tinkered with and its worked before just fine.
    3. It does give me the connection sound, but nothing appears in file explorer on Windows.
    4. No usb debugging comes up however even though its enabled on all of my devices
    5. I see the notification for MTP on Android so everything seems fine on the phone side. I bought a new micro usb cord and I'm gonna report results tonight. I'm hoping its that simple I know micro-usb is very quirky but its odd that my cords would just stop working so suddenly..
    I understand that it isn't showing anything in Windows file explorer, but that isn't what I asked.

Go to Windows Control Panel, then choose Device Manager, then, while that window is open, connect your device(s). When you connect the device(s), does the device appear on the list of devices in Device Manager? I'm trying to verify that the drivers are working. If the drivers are working, the next step is to verify that Windows is loading the proper driver for the device and/or the device function that you are trying to perform. If it isn't, you will have to manually select the correct driver for the device(s) or the correct driver for the device function that you are attempting.

Since you are having the issue with more than one device, I would agree that it might be the cord, but, it could also be an issue with your Windows software not using the correct driver(s).
    Hi. I need help with old tablet. I can't find topics or roms for my Lenovo Tab (gen 1) since the name is so generic. My mother removed some files and managed to get it to freeze after boot animation and it should be flashed I guess. I just don't have image and I'm not sure about the model name. I can get to recovery menu with normal boot, fast boot and recovery. recovery only brings some android robot picture with error message.

Can you communicate through fastboot with device? If so you could try
    Code:
    fastboot getvar
    or
    Code:
    fastboot getvar product
    if doesn´t work I guess there is some apps in Play Store that can identify something through the camera like Google Lens, I´m not really sure you but it worths a try. Or comparing with every model released around the same approximated years based on pictures from the net or on the Lenovo site. The last further step would be taking the back cover and looking around.

This will give you some approach to know the model then it will left you to know the exaxt variant, from there you could try with some firmware released for the same region/model.
    What in the world is FTP? I'm just jumping through hoops trying to not damage the connector anymore to only use it when necessary lol
    FTP is a network File Transfer Protocol. Thus it allows you to trasfer files over WiFI, instead of using your connector at all.
    Well I didn't necessarily take it apart, that's not of my skill level. It doesn't seem to be all that loose yet as I'm able to pressure it through the backing of the tablet and front glass. So I will refrain fro resetting it till I can find a decent replacement Tablet as there aren't many good ones that provide as much customization as the Nexus 7 unfortunately
    Ah, then I would wager that the issue is not caused by a loose ribbon cable, I would say that the solder joints where the USB port is connected to the motherboard need a "reflow". The solder joints tend to break down over time due to heat generated at the joints during charging and due to the tension that is applied to these joints when connecting/disconnecting your charger/data transfer cable or any other external microUSB component/hardware. It's a common issue on older devices that have seen extensive charging and usage of the microUSB port .
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone