Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi so i have a problem with my dualsense controller where the buttons are mapped wrong like the right stick is the triggers and trigger are right stick.
I have tried many magisk modules to fix this issue but none of them work. I tried to reset my controller and still nothing so i have come here seeking help.
My device is poco X3 pro running evolution x rom with root by magisk
If the issue is with the ROM, then you probably get better assistance from within the ROM forum, where others are using that ROM, same like you. And additionally, place your issue to the dev.
If nothing of that results, then you can see if the same issue is present with the stock ROM.

Ndwarkadas

May 20, 2018
Hardware : MT6755V/BM
Model : Lenovo A7020a48
Build number : A7020a48_S401_190328_ROW
Build date UTC : 20190328-151924
Android v : 6.0
Baseband v: K52.ROW.M.LWG.V46, 2016/11/25 09:19
Kernel v : 3.18.22+ (buildslave@njws102) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Mar 28 23:20:27 CST 2019

how to unlock bootloader?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hardware : MT6755V/BM
Model : Lenovo A7020a48
Build number : A7020a48_S401_190328_ROW
Build date UTC : 20190328-151924
Android v : 6.0
Baseband v: K52.ROW.M.LWG.V46, 2016/11/25 09:19
Kernel v : 3.18.22+ (buildslave@njws102) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Mar 28 23:20:27 CST 2019

how to unlock bootloader?
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-10 004755.png

Kurosude

Mar 11, 2023
Hello, i recently got a Galaxy 2 I9100 with Android Jellybean. I'd like to get Youtube on it, is there any way to do this? I have tried, but havent found anything helpful. Thanks in advance!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello, i recently got a Galaxy 2 I9100 with Android Jellybean. I'd like to get Youtube on it, is there any way to do this? I have tried, but havent found anything helpful. Thanks in advance!
You'll have to use a modified version to work on older devices, one that is also built to work on your specific CPU architecture. You'll may also need to disable auto updates in Playstore so that it doesn't auto update and potentially cause issues.

Or

You can also try flashing a Gapps.zip via your stock recovery, if I remember correctly, a gapps.zip can be flashed via stock recovery.

Try doing a Google search for:

"Opengapps"

Go to the Opengapps page, in the options on the page, select 4.4 or older, then select your CPU architecture, then select a Gapps package that has Youtube in it(micro, pico, etc .) You should be able to find information on the Gapps somewhere that shows which Google apps are in which Gapps zip files.

Download the Gapps file and store it in your internal or external storage then boot into recovery and select the "apply update via SD card" then find the Gapps file and flash it. After you flash it, make sure to wipe the cache partition but do not factory reset. Then reboot and see if it worked.

Even with all that, I think what I said at the top about using a modified version is the way you're going to have to go.

The I9100 is also very easily rooted and there are probably still some custom ROMs available for it here at XDA.

Joeljoel12345

Mar 5, 2019
Hi. I wanted to know if there's a way to use older versions of the antutu benchmark app? I wanted to use v7 to compare my phone's performance overtime, I tried downloading older versions from apkmirror, but it doesn't work because it can't download resources .

D

Deleted member 12504013

I rooted my a23 using magisk. Now when I tried to install back original Sam firmware it keeps restarting. When I enter download mode the phone keeps restarting and won't let me flash the og firmware using odin.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I rooted my a23 using magisk. Now when I tried to install back original Sam firmware it keeps restarting. When I enter download mode the phone keeps restarting and won't let me flash the og firmware using odin.
If you can't get it to stay in download mode long enough to flash the original firmware, you'll have to pay for a Jtag service to recover the device.

ayetab

Mar 16, 2023
Hello,

I recently acquired a custom tablet that is running a kernel from a now defunct start up. I have tried to compare to production models that use the same processor (MT8176).
My goal is to install a stock img that allows for normal android operation such as being able to actually install apps.
I have successfully turned on usb debugging, oem boot unlock and can talk via adb and fastboot. My problem is the first step in every tool instruction is to find the original .img. Since it’s a custom tablet that I can’t seem to find references anywhere, does anyone have any recommendations?
It’s manufacturer is alps
It’s model number is T1
And it’s android version appears to be 7.
Manufacturing date also appears to be 2018.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello,

I recently acquired a custom tablet that is running a kernel from a now defunct start up. I have tried to compare to production models that use the same processor (MT8176).
My goal is to install a stock img that allows for normal android operation such as being able to actually install apps.
I have successfully turned on usb debugging, oem boot unlock and can talk via adb and fastboot. My problem is the first step in every tool instruction is to find the original .img. Since it’s a custom tablet that I can’t seem to find references anywhere, does anyone have any recommendations?
It’s manufacturer is alps
It’s model number is T1
And it’s android version appears to be 7.
Manufacturing date also appears to be 2018.
Why you should need a different stock image than the current on your device? Which is the error you find when trying to install apps, by normal methods like, from Play Store, or using apks downloaded/transferred to your device?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi guys, it`s a cool forum. Thank for your work appreciate it.
Question, where I need to find a leak. I have Pixel, all is rooted, Magisk, MockHider and other modules. All perfect works. Few weeks I used Firefox to login on platform which require geolocation check. Few days ago it start asking permission to provide location again and again again. Firefox geo checks works perfectly on another site, it`s a problem with this one only. And no works, I clear all data, another fingerprints and other staff. Nothing help me. Other browser working perfectly on this platform, but due specific reason I can`t use them.

Question, where I need to find a leak or how I can proof this geo? Maybe you can help?
You should start by giving all the permissions to Firefox, and checking, if this doesn´t solve it, the Magisk modules forum, if it is not an issue from the ROM you´re using, then it is from the Magisk module.

ayetab

Mar 16, 2023
Why you should need a different stock image than the current on your device? Which is the error you find when trying to install apps, by normal methods like, from Play Store, or using apks downloaded/transferred to your device?
The current installation autoboots to a specific application, does not allow for wifi connections, and many other limiting techniques. It was designed to do a very specific job, not actually be a tablet.
I can however sideload apks, but to be able to launch them I have to use adb since there is no Home Screen or App Library options.
Probably helpful info for my first post

Shala1122

Jul 2, 2021
Guys I'm looking for help for a month and I'm starting to lose my mind...
I have a poco f3 device. my issue is that whenever I use Wi-Fi and turn off the screen
I don't get notifications for WhatsApp, Discord, Skype etc...
when using wifi with screen on everything is normal, and also when using mobile data there is no issues at all, even when the screen is off...
the notifications delay only occur when using wifi and the screen is off...
some times itll work but most of the times it wont... ill get the notifications either after 1-3 minutes or whenever i turn on the screen...
I'm having the same issue with other wifi networks too...
strange thing is that it happens across roms (official miui, xiaomi.eu, lineageos, arrow os)
and also my Redmi note 9s suffer from the same issue, but my moms galaxy a52 dont have this issue at all and her whatsapp notifications arrive instantly no matter how much ive tried to replicate the issue...
is there any fix or should i accept my device is cursed...
EDIT: it appears that the issue does happens on my moms galaxy a52 after all...
I don't know what's happening anymore...

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
The current installation autoboots to a specific application, does not allow for wifi connections, and many other limiting techniques. It was designed to do a very specific job, not actually be a tablet.
I can however sideload apks, but to be able to launch them I have to use adb since there is no Home Screen or App Library options.
Probably helpful info for my first post
Yes, this post complemented the first one.
Can you identify that app?, if so, then you can try firstly, an app activity launcher, then open the settings, go to that app, and uninstall it, additionally, you could use to "uninstall" the app using pm commands, but if you can do the first method would be better.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Guys I'm looking for help for a month and I'm starting to lose my mind...
I have a poco f3 device. my issue is that whenever I use Wi-Fi and turn off the screen
I don't get notifications for WhatsApp, Discord, Skype etc...
when using wifi with screen on everything is normal, and also when using mobile data there is no issues at all, even when the screen is off...
the notifications delay only occur when using wifi and the screen is off...
some times itll work but most of the times it wont... ill get the notifications either after 1-3 minutes or whenever i turn on the screen...
I'm having the same issue with other wifi networks too...
strange thing is that it happens across roms (official miui, xiaomi.eu, lineageos, arrow os)
and also my Redmi note 9s suffer from the same issue, but my moms galaxy a52 dont have this issue at all and her whatsapp notifications arrive instantly no matter how much ive tried to replicate the issue...
is there any fix or should i accept my device is cursed...
EDIT: it appears that the issue does happens on my moms galaxy a52 after all...
I don't know what's happening anymore...
Things to try:
- Use MAC from device, not random. (Combine with the option to randomize the MAC -in developer options)
- Use the stock launcher, using the stock Miui launcher, it has all the permission enabled by default.
- Disable battery optmization. for the launcher, and the apps involved
- The same for Miui optimizations (in developer options).
- Enable draw over other apps.

Shala1122

Jul 2, 2021
Things to try:
- Use MAC from device, not random. (Combine with the option to randomize the MAC -in developer options)
- Use the stock launcher, using the stock Miui launcher, it has all the permission enabled by default.
- Disable battery optmization. for the launcher, and the apps involved
- The same for Miui optimizations (in developer options).
- Enable draw over other apps.
tried all of these & unfortunately it didnt work...
I'm starting to think this is a general Android/Google issue since it happens across devices and roms...

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
tried all of these & unfortunately it didnt work...
I'm starting to think this is a general Android/Google issue since it happens across devices and roms...
Well, unfortunately I noticed this issue more persistently in all my Xiaomi devices, not usually in Samsung, and actually, no issues with a Realme, so it´s not a general issue with Android itself, although newer Android versions tend to sleep device every time the screen is being off.

Anyway, actually, you´re using a custom ROM, if you try the stock Xiaomi ROM, and using the default launcher, probably things can change. In my actual Realme device, notifications are in real-time, using the stock launcher, but when I changed to Nova launcher, notifications have a noticeable delay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II