[]Ask any Questions! No question too stupid[]

Search This thread
Apr 6, 2017
Note 4 Issue

Hello,
Currently I am on S7 but I do miss my Note 4 (ATT and factory unlocked by att after the contract got over).
After Marshmallow update it started lagging, shutting off etc.. all known problems. To fix it I downloaded wake lock app and it worked fine but drained battery a lot.
I tried to flash it through odin etc... (not a technical guy I am, followed instruction from one of the threads on this forum).. took all the files on SD Card and after that phone never turned on.

It does not charge, no LED lights when plugged in, none of the buttons are responsive. I have tried everything like new charger, usb cable, PC, new batteries etc...

1) Do you think It's hardware problem?

If No then,

2) Is it possible to fix it and how?
Please note: Phone does not turn on or recognized by PC. If it is just software problem then I am determined to fix it. I may need instruction for even very simple steps.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Hello,
Currently I am on S7 but I do miss my Note 4 (ATT and factory unlocked by att after the contract got over).
After Marshmallow update it started lagging, shutting off etc.. all known problems. To fix it I downloaded wake lock app and it worked fine but drained battery a lot.
I tried to flash it through odin etc... (not a technical guy I am, followed instruction from one of the threads on this forum).. took all the files on SD Card and after that phone never turned on.

It does not charge, no LED lights when plugged in, none of the buttons are responsive. I have tried everything like new charger, usb cable, PC, new batteries etc...

1) Do you think It's hardware problem?

If No then,

2) Is it possible to fix it and how?
Please note: Phone does not turn on or recognized by PC. If it is just software problem then I am determined to fix it. I may need instruction for even very simple steps.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds just like my other 4 from Verizon that just died one day and wouldn't turn on again. I think it's possibly the motherboard in the phone that's faulty which is causing it not to boot anymore. If I find away to get it up and running again I will post here to tell you the process.

Might have to ship it out in order to get it fixed. But let's see what happens to mine first.

Sent from my Galaxy Note8 using XDA Labs

Okay here's my question, on the AT&T Note 4 if you have the little jumpers right above the battery in order to provide a sure-fire power then if you were to root the Note 4 and it decided to cut power from the battery could you power it back up like that in order to undo the wrong or over-the-air Flash that they do that ends up breaking the four?

JCXRookie

Jun 15, 2018
I have a Samsung note 4 (AT&T) was giving to a friend by his work. He has left that workplace and they allowed him to keep the phone. But mobi control is still on the device. Can i remove mobi control by flashing a firmware? The model is sm-n910a. Abit lost on this one

I do have a video which won't upload on here for some reason. I'll upload it to YouTube and post the link soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nasvi, due to that att's bootloader is locked we are unable to flash any sort of custom recovery. As for root, I'm also hoping that someone finds root soon. It could take a while for a work around to getting a custom recovery, as it took the ATT G3 around 3 months for a workaround. If your looking for an alternative, I would get an international or the tmo note4. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Note3 Rocking DynamicKat or my G3
    New to the forums here. Will AT&T unlock the bootloader of an individuals device if they pay it off?

No.
    Is it just me or do you find yourself hitting the back button more often. Sometimes for me it doesn't seem to register after the first hit. I have to hit it a second time to get it to go back.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 4! ;)
    Does the S pen on the Note 4 work with the back button? I know it didn't on the Note 2 and that always bothered me.

Thanks

Yes it does.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 4! ;)
    Thread stuck! Thanks!