• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Ask - Gathering fastboot data on different variants - could anyone with the T-Mobile and Metro variants contribute?

Search This thread

daboross

Hi,

I'm new to actual android development, but interested in making things for this phone. One thing I'm not sure how to deal with, though, is the different variants - I don't quite understand how different or similar they are.

I've bought mine from the USA OnePlus store, and I'm assuming there are at least some system differences from the ones bought from T-Mobile or Metro PCS. I'm not sure how deep they go, but for starts, I think gathering some information through fastboot could be useful.

When I reboot into fastboot, my phone reports "VARIANT - SM_ UFS". When I connect to a computer, and run the "fastboot getvars all" command, it outputs the following text: https://gist.github.com/daboross/589165a72b0df4904a05d75c3f6b7802.

If you've got fastboot set up, and a different variant - either one bought from T-Mobile, one bought from Metro PCS, or another one you suspect is different at all, could you run the same "fastboot getvar all" command, and upload the output to a pastebin?

The more the merrier - it will be easy to look at two files and see if they're identical or not. So if you're wondering whether or not posting yours will be helpful, and have the time, post it!

Note: I recommend editing out the "serialno" value as I have. Probably no harm in exposing it, but better safe than sorry.

If anyone in here has more experience or other ways to get easy information about what could be different, I definitely welcome the advice. My main goal is to have a rough idea of whether a TWRP build, or LineageOS build, that works on my device will work on other variants without modification - and if they don't, how much modification will be needed.

Thanks!

---

Edit: if you could gather the output of "adb shell getprop" while running the regular OS, that would also be greatly appreciated! Here's my output for that: https://gist.github.com/daboross/8b1a837d36ed986c1075e9d11bff8e7a

Last edited:

daboross

Nice, thanks!

Looks like a few things differ - I hadn't expected a different model number, but we have that - DE2117 vs DE2118 and name OnePlusN200 vs OnePlusN200TMO.

There's the difference in stock rom builds, which I was expecting.

There's a different "vendor.boot.project_codename" - dre9 on the OnePlusN200, dre8t on the OnePlusN200TMO. I don't know if this is a difference in rom builds, or built in.

Other than that, everything else seems the same. Partition layout is the same. I don't see any immediate reasons why a recovery couldn't work for both, though of course we'll need to test that.

Nice, thanks!

Looks like a few things differ - I hadn't expected a different model number, but we have that - DE2117 vs DE2118 and name OnePlusN200 vs OnePlusN200TMO.

There's the difference in stock rom builds, which I was expecting.

There's a different "vendor.boot.project_codename" - dre9 on the OnePlusN200, dre8t on the OnePlusN200TMO. I don't know if this is a difference in rom builds, or built in.

Other than that, everything else seems the same. Partition layout is the same. I don't see any immediate reasons why a recovery couldn't work for both, though of course we'll need to test that.

"OnePlusN200" is the OnePlus store bought one, "OnePlusN200TMO" is the T-Mobile and Metro(PCS) model. OnePlusN200 receives all updates, while OnePlusN200TMO only receives updates that T-Mobile authorizes.
For example: The latest OTA update available to OnePlusN200TMO devices is 11.0.1.7, while the OnePlusN200 gets the 11.0.2.0 OTA.

Top Liked Posts