[Ask Your Questions Here] Questions And Answers for Desire HD Users

Search This thread

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara
I said flash the pd98 via SD card. Put the pd98 in root of SD card...with power and vol down, boot into bootloader. The device will search for the image

I did, believe me. several times checked the file, the right place. the device in bootloader doesn´t do anything, won´t search.

.update your SDK...when updated, open platform tools folder in SDK...then on empty field, hold shift and right click. Pick open command here. Then type adb devices, or fastboot devices..ten to one that will work. If it don't work with platform tools folder, try with platforms folder

did. no changes.

ohh well... manual scanned by pressing power button until HBOOT, so this blinked for a sec:

SD checking...
Loading... [PD98DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading... [PD98IAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading... [PD98IMG.zip]
No image!
Loading... [PD98IMG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!

so, the PD98IMG.zip I added to root, and it changed to this:

SD checking...
Loading... [PD98DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading... [PD98IAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading... [PD98IMG.zip] ...and after that:

Parsing... [PD98IMG.zip]

that´s all... nothing else changed. o_O but tomorrow back with a fresh mind...

Last edited:
Reactions: marknoll

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Um..wrong image...its pd98..not iagnbh.. Ur flashing wrong image

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Did u follow instructions on how to rename the image ?if u have an original desrire HD, the image u need is gb2. Follow renaming instructions

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f485/guide-how-upgrade-your-htc-android-phone-microsd-card-1604799/

Reactions: Ikinuari

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara

actually I have no idea why it first tries to find PD98DIAG.zip, so that wasn´t what I added, lol. dunno even what it is.

Did u follow instructions on how to rename the image ?if u have an original desrire HD, the image u need is gb2. Follow renaming instructions

yes. this time that page was the one I needed from the beginning. followed carefully, did it exactly the right way. result:

HBOOT
Parsing... [SD ZIP]
[1] BOOT - OK
[2] RECOVERY - OK
[3] SYSTEM - OK
[4] SYSTEM - OK
[5] SPLASH1 - OK
[6] USERDATA - OK
[7] RADIO_CUST - OK
Update complete
Press POWER to reboot

so, phone is working now, although downgraded and non-rooted, but that is not a problem. THIS what I wen´t through for few days was really painful. thanks for the help! :)

Reactions: marknoll

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Omg...did I post a wrong thread reference? Lol..my bad..I'm sorry

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

actually I have no idea why it first tries to find PD98DIAG.zip, so that wasn´t what I added, lol. dunno even what it is.

yes. this time that page was the one I needed from the beginning. followed carefully, did it exactly the right way. result:

HBOOT
Parsing... [SD ZIP]
[1] BOOT- OK
[2] RECOVERY- OK
[3] SYSTEM - OK
[4] SYSTEM - OK
[5] SPLASH1- OK
[6] USERDATA- OK
[7] RADIO_CUST- OK
Update complete
Press POWER to reboot

so, phone is working now, although downgraded and non-rooted, but that is not a problem. THIS what I wen´t through for few days was really painful. thanks for the help! :)
No no..u are s off..that's most important..all u need to do is unlock bootloader, flash a recovery and flash a ROM. U get root back by flashing a custom ROM

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

This explains the misconception

http://www.pocketables.com/2012/08/...nlocked-bootloader-in-the-htc-evo-series.html

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Keep in mind that that some ROMs require an old recovery..cm 12+ and lollipop require a recovery that can issue selinux. Best recovery out there is twrp 2.8.6 from jrior...that recovery can pretty much flash any cm 11 and up..the sense ROMs need an old one.. Like cwm 6.5- or the twrp from twrps website

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

I'm glad you got your device operating again. Glad that I could help?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Don't forget the thank you button. Haha

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ikinuari

Opseyboggy

Jul 16, 2015
htc desire hd

Good day. Please I need help with my HTC desire HD. When I power on , it just vibrate 7 times and stop but will not boot. Please how do I solve this.

Hassan927326

Jul 10, 2014
I have read all topics regarding this and I also have searched google but I could not find any solution. I have soft-bricked my Desire HD while installing ROM. Its not booting up. It shows a black screen whenever i try to boot then it takes me to clockwork mod recovery. I seriously need help. I have tried every thing and you people are my last hope please help me. I need a complete guide to fix my device.

I have s-on
HBOOT-2.00.0030
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.16.04.09_M
eMMC-boot

PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. A step by step guide will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
I have read all topics regarding this and I also have searched google but I could not find any solution. I have soft-bricked my Desire HD while installing ROM. Its not booting up. It shows a black screen whenever i try to boot then it takes me to clockwork mod recovery. I seriously need help. I have tried every thing and you people are my last hope please help me. I need a complete guide to fix my device.

I have s-on
HBOOT-2.00.0030
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.16.04.09_M
eMMC-boot

PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. A step by step guide will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Since you are s on.. did you flash boot.img via fastboot after flashing ROM zip in recovery?

marknoll

May 13, 2014

I have s-on
HBOOT-2.00.0030
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.16.04.09_M
eMMC-boot

Thank you in advance.
Well?

Hassan927326

Jul 10, 2014
yes i have tried butt it still not working

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Since you are s on.. did you flash boot.img via fastboot after flashing ROM zip in recovery?

yes

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

any other idea?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
yes i have tried butt it still not working

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

yes

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

any other idea?
Still won't flash?

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What ROM u trying to flash?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
If u want help, you need to help me. What ROM ya flashing and what recovery are u using.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
U need jriors TWRP 2.8 and flash boot.img via fastboot

hamxa266

Feb 1, 2014
Karachi
need help! yesterday i was trying to flash cm11 Rom on Ace using TWRP 2.8.6.1 . I completely wipe my device as given in installing instruction then flash that rom but that did not flashed it gives error something like" build date error can not flash older build on newer " .so can anyone tell me how get rid of that??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread RUU - RUU = ROM Update Utility
    This has been posted in several places, but go to Settings/Language & Keyboard/Select Language. Select English even if already selected. It should stop the FCs

Sent from my abucus
    To answer your question, after clearing all of the contacts then the first time you try to add a contact the phone asks you whether you want to save it as a Google or a Phone contact. If you choose Google then the contact will be synced with your Google account the next time you do a sync. Reversely, if you add a contact to your Google account then it will be added to your phone as well.

However I too like to keep the two separate so I never add a contact as a Google contact. I do the Extract to SD thing (select Phone contacts) and it works fine for me, but I have no Facebook (I even originally rooted my phone so I could remove the app) plus, after rooting I installed a custom ROM and I am now on version 1.84 (stock phones only got up to 1.72 and now HTC has even taken that update down, all new phones can't go over 1.32 without a hack or rooting) so that might be the reason.

However there's yet another way. I am not clear whether it's the HTC Sense system or Google but if you choose to have Google backup your phone (go to settings -> privacy and then tick both options) then the following things will be backed up:

Your wallpaper
    Your ring tones
    Your settings across the Android system (no app-specific settings though)
    The apps you downloaded from the Market (again, just the apps, not their settings).
    and your Contacts.

These things are saved every time you do a full sync.

After hard resetting when the setup wizard asks you to, connect to the internet, add in your Google and your HTC account and then there's a screen where it asks you whether you want to allow Google you back up your settings. If you allow the phone and if you don't do ANYTHING with the phone that affects ANY of the above (like accessing the market or manually changing a setting, just don't use it at all just to be sure) then as soon as it connects to the internet you will see all of the above being restored.

I have installed various ROMs at least a dozen times by now and the one thing that makes it so easy is that I don't have to do all of the above every time I do so.
    I still keep a backup of my contacts just to be sure though.
    SD Maid may be able to help you.
    How can I delete the contact backup from the SD?
    I recovered them after a phone hard reset and they seem to be muddled up. They are not more that 30 so I would like to register the contacts again and have a new backup.
    Hey, the backup on the SD is a simple vcf file (e.g. pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf) in the SDs "root" (the beginning of the SD, nothing to do with rooting the phone).
    All you need to do is put the SD in a PC and delete it or, download a file manager from the Market (I like ES File Manager) and delete from there.

Now, as to how to delete the current phone book, go to People (Πρόσωπα) press the Menu button, choose Delete (Διαγραφή), again press menu to close the keyboard and open another selection and then click choose all (Επιλογή όλων). Finally hit Delete (Διαγραφή) to delete all of the old phone book.

CheerS!