[Ask Your Questions Here] Questions And Answers for Desire HD Users

Search This thread

RayFields

Aug 29, 2015
Hello. I have a small problem. Tried to flash CM12 from Clockwork mod recovery. Did everything according to instruction in OP: After putting the two zips in root of sdcard, I loaded into recovery, did a "wipe data/factory reset" option, tried to install CM 12 from zip, but it gave me an error: i.imgur.com/BJexc5s.jpg I tried using older build, but still the same result. I had no problems in installing some other unofficial ROMs previously. I'm not a very phone-tech savvy person, so if it's possible, please explain in newbie-friendly terms. Thanks!

DOADenning

Sep 12, 2015
My girl rooted my phone

HTC desire HD I am not sure of configuration I can not look at anything or even change or delete anything I did not even know she did it till I tried to root it myself I looked at the my app in play store and chainDD is instaled as well as hide my root, along with busy box, cryomods,rom manager anyway i want control back and to see what she is doing. I can not do a factory rest all that does is reset the APN all the apps and setting are the same. Neither does booting in recovery it shows me there is a image but when I try to load it it says there is no file or cant access the file. I tried flashing a new rom today it says need root access or root access denied. as well as hiding the su and binaries the are several other apps that are hidden. I tried that show or find hidden admin apps it scanned for all of about half a second and came back no hidden apps. some of my apps do not even do what they are supposed to. I am a noob all I know is what I have learned because of this. Please help!!!!

jaykaygeetoo

Sep 20, 2015
Root my HTC Desire HD A9191

Good Afternoon all,

I want to root and the install a custom ROM on my HTC Desire HD A9191 which is currently running:
- Andriod Version 2.3.5
- HTC Sense Version 3.0
- Software Version 3.13.110.4

Really struggling to find any instructions that are clear and concise.
Also would rather prefer a stable version, but thats optional.

Thanks in advance.

hamxa266

Feb 1, 2014
Karachi
Please help me guys i want to test old builds and recovery still giving me error like "cannot flash older build on newer" . Do i need to flash older recovery or any other method is avail for that. I am asking this question because i am just come here from HTC desire Z and in that phone there was nothing any errors like this.

Sent from my Desire HD

NobodyNobody

Dec 3, 2015
Hi, i would like to install CM12.1 on my DHD. But when I try to install it, i get
"Warning: No file_contextscould not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/system, assuming ext4
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/system at /system: No such file or directory
unmount of /system failed: no such volume
could not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/userdata, assuming ext4
mount: failed to mount /dev.....
Error in /sdcard/cm-12.1-xxxxxxx-unnficial-ace.zip"

Daten des DHDs:
Ace PVT Eng S-Off RL
HBOOT - 0.85.2425
Microp: 0438
Radio-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot

what can I do?

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Hi, i would like to install CM12.1 on my DHD. But when I try to install it, i get
"Warning: No file_contextscould not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/system, assuming ext4
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/system at /system: No such file or directory
unmount of /system failed: no such volume
could not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/userdata, assuming ext4
mount: failed to mount /dev.....
Error in /sdcard/cm-12.1-xxxxxxx-unnficial-ace.zip"

Daten des DHDs:
Ace PVT Eng S-Off RL
HBOOT - 0.85.2425
Microp: 0438
Radio-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot

what can I do?

Read the main thread, you need to update your recovery TWRP 2.8.7.0

star3151

Dec 13, 2015
hi i have htv desire hd

C:\adb-fastboot>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 2.00.0029
INFOversion-baseband: 26.14.04.28_M
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0438
INFOversion-main: 3.13.0.0
INFOserialno: SH17ERX03474
INFOimei: 356812044388831
INFOproduct: ace
INFOplatform: HBOOT-7230
INFOmodelid: PD9810000
INFOcidnum: HTC__J15
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4028mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: fcef1579
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
INFOregion-id: 0
all: Done!

i cant remove costum rom from recovery & install ruu rom
rom reboot & stuck in htc logo
i use 4ext recovery but cant remove old rom and install new rom?

erisoov

Nov 27, 2015
Help!!! I am stuck

I have a Lenovo A850 and I got a virus and had to restore the system. I found an update.zip for the A850 and installed via sdcard it worked fine.

Then I installed twrp after which my phone only boots into the trwp menu when I reset with pwr+vol-up+vol-dn the twrp recovery wont run the update.zip and I cannot get back to the original boot menu before twrp.

I cannot flash with usb as my usb only charges no connection with PC.

How can I remove the twrp boot menu and return to the stock recovery??:(

Gizmoe

Sep 6, 2011
Spokane Valley
I have a Lenovo A850 and I got a virus and had to restore the system. I found an update.zip for the A850 and installed via sdcard it worked fine.

Then I installed twrp after which my phone only boots into the trwp menu when I reset with pwr+vol-up+vol-dn the twrp recovery wont run the update.zip and I cannot get back to the original boot menu before twrp.

I cannot flash with usb as my usb only charges no connection with PC.

How can I remove the twrp boot menu and return to the stock recovery??:(
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-a850/help

erisoov

Nov 27, 2015

Well I found my answer and all has been fixed, I downloaded RM1.33_by_AdrenoBPC.zip and copied to my sdcard from this site https://yadi.sk/d/EGu98KQdjnK6T.

Then I ran the zip file from the twrp menu (this zip includes playstore in the load)

This got me back into the system, but then I updated twrp to latest version and could not access the twrp menu by holding pwr+vol settings, or any other settings, so no recovery!!

Then I flashed the cwm image with mobileuncle app which got rid of twrp.
I used a site like this in XDA to do this http://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-a850/general/tutorial-install-cwm-twrp-lenovo-a850-t2642431 cannot find the exact site but this is similar)

Now I can get into cwm recovery using the holding pwr+vol settings method and all is well

Just wanted to post here for anyone else having the same problem

Last edited:

Gizmoe

Sep 6, 2011
Spokane Valley
Well I found my answer and all has been fixed, I downloaded RM1.33_by_AdrenoBPC.zip and copied to my sdcard from this site https://yadi.sk/d/EGu98KQdjnK6T.

Then I ran the zip file from the twrp menu (this zip includes playstore in the load)

This got me back into the system, but then I updated twrp to latest version and could not access the twrp menu by holding pwr+vol settings, or any other settings, so no recovery!!

Then I flashed the cwm image with mobileuncle app which got rid of twrp.
I used a site like this in XDA to do this http://forum.xda-developers.com/lenovo-a850/general/tutorial-install-cwm-twrp-lenovo-a850-t2642431 cannot find the exact site but this is similar)

Now I can get into cwm recovery using the holding pwr+vol settings method and all is well

Just wanted to post here for anyone else having the same problem
I posted that link to take you to the right forum. This is an old dead thread on an old dead device. It has nothing to do with the Lenovo A850. Follow the link I gave and post there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: erisoov

brofkims

Jan 18, 2011
Busan
Solved:Desire HD restarted whenever I try to call to somebody or receve incoming call

I have been using unofficial cyananogenmod since 2011 and now I'm testing (unofficial) cyangogenmod 13.
While testing I found that my Desire HD restart immediately after I try to call to someone or receive incoming calls.
At first I guessed it is related to APN settings and tried to changed or create, but it was not the culprit.
Today, I read this thread and followed someone's advice and the problem disappeard and now I can call to someone or receive incoming call nicely.
I went to 'settings -> Personal -> Apps -> Phone' menu, enabled unselected 'location' and storage' in 'permission' submenu, after that explicitly selected phone as default app in 'Apps settings' menu.

brofkims

Jan 18, 2011
Busan
about security patch level of unofficial cyanogenmod 12.1

Hi, everyone who is related to development of unofficial cyanogenmod for Desire HD,
I am using unofficial cyanogenmod 12.1 20160724 nighltly version on HTC Desire HD. Though I randomly use this version and It works well , but I noticed security patch level of it is 'February 1, 2016'.
While Google had announced a number of patches to fix vulnerability in Nexus devices in July 6, I curious about why these are not being applied to (unofficial) cyanogenmod 12.1 for Desire HD yet.
As the security patch level of unofficial cyanogenmod 13 for Desire HD was changed to 'July 5, 2016' in 20170727 nightly versionl. I hope that of unofficial cyangogenmod 12.1 were changed the same way.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I use radio firemware version 12.69.60.29_26.17.14.11_M and it had been working well till late cyangenmod 13 well.
Though, here in Korea, I had to configure Wi-Fi region code to 'United States' instead of Korea, because if configured to Korea it does not work.

In unofficial 12.1 days it was not changed once configured in 'settings -> wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi -> advanced -> Wi-Fi region code',
But nowadays in cyanogenmod 13, the configuration is being randomly changed at boot time or so. So I manually restored it to 'United States' several times.
As it might be harmful to users of metered connection, I wish it were restored to the old way of behaviour so as to be persistent once manually configure by users.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I have both Nexus 5 and Desire HD, of course Nexus 5 is my primary device.

By the way, in Windows 10 aboe mentioned I could not control Deire HD well unlike Nexus 5 which works well in MTP, adb, fastboot mode.(In Linux system I didnt't experienced this problem)
It seems that Windows 10 offers only MTP driver to Desire HD. After several days of googling I reached to a solution as follows:

1. download 4.17.0001 driver from androidsoul site (sorry I cannot link the page due to the rule of XDA-developer, as I'm a beginner at this site). though searching it would be very simple to give a keyword 'androidsoul desire hd driver 4.17'

2. There is a problem stock driver of Desire HD does not cope with, in ms Windows 8.1+ 'minimal adb and fastboot' doesn't work well in bootloader mode.(fastboot mode)
I solved this problem by merging registry option below.
After saving this to fastboot.reg, dubble click it to merge into registry. Rebooting might be necessary.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\0BB40FF00100]
"SkipBOSDescriptorQuery"=hex:01,00,00,00

arefin1989

Apr 23, 2014
Dhaka
Can't Boot Into Recovery

Hi Guys,
I am an S-On, Boot-loader Unlocked DHD user. I was using CWM 6.0.4.8 Advanced Edition / PhilZ Touch 6.29.8 recovery and testing ROMS unfortunately few days ago I flashed Android Revulation HD 9.2 on my phone. After that my phone gets into recovery and shows some error messages so fast I can't read them and then rebooted into android revulation hd again. I tried to flash all recoveries via fastboot command. fastboot flashed all recoveries successfully but I can't boot into any recovery. Any Suggestions Please?:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread RUU - RUU = ROM Update Utility
    This has been posted in several places, but go to Settings/Language & Keyboard/Select Language. Select English even if already selected. It should stop the FCs

Sent from my abucus
    To answer your question, after clearing all of the contacts then the first time you try to add a contact the phone asks you whether you want to save it as a Google or a Phone contact. If you choose Google then the contact will be synced with your Google account the next time you do a sync. Reversely, if you add a contact to your Google account then it will be added to your phone as well.

However I too like to keep the two separate so I never add a contact as a Google contact. I do the Extract to SD thing (select Phone contacts) and it works fine for me, but I have no Facebook (I even originally rooted my phone so I could remove the app) plus, after rooting I installed a custom ROM and I am now on version 1.84 (stock phones only got up to 1.72 and now HTC has even taken that update down, all new phones can't go over 1.32 without a hack or rooting) so that might be the reason.

However there's yet another way. I am not clear whether it's the HTC Sense system or Google but if you choose to have Google backup your phone (go to settings -> privacy and then tick both options) then the following things will be backed up:

Your wallpaper
    Your ring tones
    Your settings across the Android system (no app-specific settings though)
    The apps you downloaded from the Market (again, just the apps, not their settings).
    and your Contacts.

These things are saved every time you do a full sync.

After hard resetting when the setup wizard asks you to, connect to the internet, add in your Google and your HTC account and then there's a screen where it asks you whether you want to allow Google you back up your settings. If you allow the phone and if you don't do ANYTHING with the phone that affects ANY of the above (like accessing the market or manually changing a setting, just don't use it at all just to be sure) then as soon as it connects to the internet you will see all of the above being restored.

I have installed various ROMs at least a dozen times by now and the one thing that makes it so easy is that I don't have to do all of the above every time I do so.
    I still keep a backup of my contacts just to be sure though.
    SD Maid may be able to help you.
    How can I delete the contact backup from the SD?
    I recovered them after a phone hard reset and they seem to be muddled up. They are not more that 30 so I would like to register the contacts again and have a new backup.
    Hey, the backup on the SD is a simple vcf file (e.g. pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf) in the SDs "root" (the beginning of the SD, nothing to do with rooting the phone).
    All you need to do is put the SD in a PC and delete it or, download a file manager from the Market (I like ES File Manager) and delete from there.

Now, as to how to delete the current phone book, go to People (Πρόσωπα) press the Menu button, choose Delete (Διαγραφή), again press menu to close the keyboard and open another selection and then click choose all (Επιλογή όλων). Finally hit Delete (Διαγραφή) to delete all of the old phone book.

CheerS!