[Ask Your Questions Here] Questions And Answers for Desire HD Users

Search This thread

aboalghool

May 19, 2012
hey guys , im running MiKKDesire 4.9.5A | CM11 KTU84Q | s89 Prod | DesireHD [15.09.2014] on my DHD...
i want to flash a stock rom or any good rom.. how to do that?

aboalghool

May 19, 2012

Attachments

• 20150609_125531.jpg
    20150609_125531.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Do u wanna revert back to stock...original that your device was shipped with?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

marknoll

May 13, 2014
If your bootloader is locked, you can run a ruu.. Boot into fast boot and type fastboot getvar all... let's see your specs

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara
tried to update Cyanogenmod, failed with old TWRP

Hello guys!
So, my HTC DHD is stuck with old TWRP 2.6.0.0. (yes, I know now that it should´ve been newest one) and won´t install anything. no OS (no backup either, dummy me). says also that my device does not appear to be rooted. whatever to do with TWRP atm, makes things go worse, so I have to solve it with fastboot/adb commands, push/flash recovery´s, etc, but so far this is what I get:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (6090 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.025s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)

went through several ways (reading about several similar situations), even tried RUU way, but that failed also:

(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)

also formatted the sd-card long after, error checked, flashed/copied, no change. haven´t tried mounting the sd-card yet, although don´t know is that causing the problem or not. asking for solutions from you. third day trying to solve it by mysels and I run out of options.

I can post the list result of fastboot getvar all, if needed.

-Kari

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Hello guys!
So, my HTC DHD is stuck with old TWRP 2.6.0.0. (yes, I know now that it should´ve been newest one) and won´t install anything. no OS (no backup either, dummy me). says also that my device does not appear to be rooted. whatever to do with TWRP atm, makes things go worse, so I have to solve it with fastboot/adb commands, push/flash recovery´s, etc, but so far this is what I get:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (6090 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.025s]
writing 'recovery'...

went through several ways (reading about several similar situations), even tried RUU way, but that failed also:

(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)

also formatted the sd-card long after, error checked, flashed/copied, no change. haven´t tried mounting the sd-card yet, although don´t know is that causing the problem or not. asking for solutions from you. third day trying to solve it by mysels and I run out of options.

I can post the list result of fastboot getvar all, if needed.

-Kari
I can bet that your boot loader got locked somehow. Getvar all please.

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara
I can bet that your boot loader got locked somehow. Getvar all please.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 0.85.0024
(bootloader) version-baseband: 26.10.04.03_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: 0438
(bootloader) version-main: 2.47.502.7
(bootloader) serialno: HT0C7RX18691
(bootloader) product: ace
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230
(bootloader) modelid: PD9810000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4194mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: a3d4fa0f
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
(bootloader) region-id: 0
all: Done!

all listed exept imei. :p

I remember trying to unlock bootloader (if that is the case) using htcdev´s instructions with ´fastboot oem get_identifier_token´ command, but stopped to the error message: ...
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!! tried both, Windows & Linux (Ubuntu).

Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
I would definitely run a ruu..androidruu.com has a list of them under "ace".. Grab a ruu that is an exe and run it from your pc

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

But to run ruu you need to have bootloader locked.. fastboot OEM lock. Then run the rru

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara
I would definitely run a ruu..androidruu.com has a list of them under "ace".. Grab a ruu that is an exe and run it from your pc

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

But to run ruu you need to have bootloader locked.. fastboot OEM lock. Then run the rru

well, is my phone bootloader locked or not? so many ways I went through and getting more confused. I can get into bootloader, so I understand it´s not locked. using fastboot command ´fastboot OEM lock´, it gave me this:

(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!

having troubles also using adb... exapl.
adb devices
List of devices attached
(nothing)

adb reboot bootloader
error: device not found

dunno if HBOOT is old. version is 0.85.0024

marknoll

May 13, 2014
U need to be online at same time with me so I can help

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Just try the ruu...tell us the error(s). If any...

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara
U need to be online at same time with me so I can help

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Just try the ruu...tell us the error(s). If any...

trying soon. kicking my wife from her windows laptop that I can use the .exe file (mine is linux).

...and checking messages often.

edit:
for some reason the only connection between laptop and android phone is with fastboot commands. tried to install RUU, failed to recognize the device, so install stopped there. actually same happened while trying the HTC Sync to find the phone. :(

Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Was your phone in fastboot mode? If so, try it when its not

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara
Was your phone in fastboot mode? If so, try it when its not

well, I have no much choice. either FASTBOOT USB, HBOOT USB PLUG or that damm TWRP. same result.

also checked also this...

your device is not detected by your computer, you may be facing the USB3 bug. On modern computer, most of the USB ports are USB3 and there is an incompatibility between some Android devices and USB3 ports. This problem must be software related, as one of my phone is not recognized thru adb but is fully recognized thru fastboot on the same USB port !

USB2 ports only, so it´s not that either.

Ikinuari

Jan 24, 2015
Ankara
OK. Look for thread on flashing pd98 IMG via SD card. Give that a try

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054304

result: error: device not found
phhh....

so, one day wasted again... no access to the phone.

tried fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery (recoverywhatever).img
sending 'recovery' (14698 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.455s]
writing 'recovery'...

tried adb:
adb push PD98IMG.zip /sdcard/PD98IMG.zip
adb reboot bootloader
adb devices
List of devices attached
(this part displays empty, so no device showing)

Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
You're bootloader is locked. That's why u can't flash a recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

I said flash the pd98 via SD card. Put the pd98 in root of SD card...with power and vol down, boot into bootloader. The device will search for the image

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

U are trying to issue cmds without drivers. Stop using adb for the moment and do the things I suggest. U probably also can't run ruu as the PC isn't seeing the device..update your SDK...when updated, open platform tools folder in SDK...then on empty field, hold shift and right click. Pick open command here. Then type adb devices, or fastboot devices..ten to one that will work. If it don't work with platform tools folder, try with platforms folder

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread RUU - RUU = ROM Update Utility
    This has been posted in several places, but go to Settings/Language & Keyboard/Select Language. Select English even if already selected. It should stop the FCs

Sent from my abucus
    To answer your question, after clearing all of the contacts then the first time you try to add a contact the phone asks you whether you want to save it as a Google or a Phone contact. If you choose Google then the contact will be synced with your Google account the next time you do a sync. Reversely, if you add a contact to your Google account then it will be added to your phone as well.

However I too like to keep the two separate so I never add a contact as a Google contact. I do the Extract to SD thing (select Phone contacts) and it works fine for me, but I have no Facebook (I even originally rooted my phone so I could remove the app) plus, after rooting I installed a custom ROM and I am now on version 1.84 (stock phones only got up to 1.72 and now HTC has even taken that update down, all new phones can't go over 1.32 without a hack or rooting) so that might be the reason.

However there's yet another way. I am not clear whether it's the HTC Sense system or Google but if you choose to have Google backup your phone (go to settings -> privacy and then tick both options) then the following things will be backed up:

Your wallpaper
    Your ring tones
    Your settings across the Android system (no app-specific settings though)
    The apps you downloaded from the Market (again, just the apps, not their settings).
    and your Contacts.

These things are saved every time you do a full sync.

After hard resetting when the setup wizard asks you to, connect to the internet, add in your Google and your HTC account and then there's a screen where it asks you whether you want to allow Google you back up your settings. If you allow the phone and if you don't do ANYTHING with the phone that affects ANY of the above (like accessing the market or manually changing a setting, just don't use it at all just to be sure) then as soon as it connects to the internet you will see all of the above being restored.

I have installed various ROMs at least a dozen times by now and the one thing that makes it so easy is that I don't have to do all of the above every time I do so.
    I still keep a backup of my contacts just to be sure though.
    SD Maid may be able to help you.
    How can I delete the contact backup from the SD?
    I recovered them after a phone hard reset and they seem to be muddled up. They are not more that 30 so I would like to register the contacts again and have a new backup.
    Hey, the backup on the SD is a simple vcf file (e.g. pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf) in the SDs "root" (the beginning of the SD, nothing to do with rooting the phone).
    All you need to do is put the SD in a PC and delete it or, download a file manager from the Market (I like ES File Manager) and delete from there.

Now, as to how to delete the current phone book, go to People (Πρόσωπα) press the Menu button, choose Delete (Διαγραφή), again press menu to close the keyboard and open another selection and then click choose all (Επιλογή όλων). Finally hit Delete (Διαγραφή) to delete all of the old phone book.

CheerS!