• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Asus Battery Pack

Search This thread

jainanshal

May 12, 2008
Toronto
Yeah it does not come with the battery pack, nor it was mentioned anywhere that it would.

I don't think Asus has launched the accessories yet not even alternate bands, so they all might be launched together. That said, thing charges pretty damn fast so unless you're always on the run, is the battery pack really that significant?

speedme

Jun 12, 2006
Breda
Yeah it does not come with the battery pack, nor it was mentioned anywhere that it would.

I don't think Asus has launched the accessories yet not even alternate bands, so they all might be launched together. That said, thing charges pretty damn fast so unless you're always on the run, is the battery pack really that significant?

Ok, I thought I read somewhere that the watch came with the battery pack...

How long does it take to charge and how long does it last ?

jainanshal

May 12, 2008
Toronto
Ok, I thought I read somewhere that the watch came with the battery pack...

How long does it take to charge and how long does it last ?

It charges from almost nil to 60% in about 10-15 mins, I think full charge to 100% takes about 30-40 mins.

I think its too soon to call how long it lasts because I have had mine for only 3 days. But it appears to me that 60% of charge should last for a moderate day use, which means 10-15 mins of charging for the entire day (morning to evening).

XxZIOIMIBIExX

Jun 23, 2014
Vancouver
It charges from almost nil to 60% in about 10-15 mins, I think full charge to 100% takes about 30-40 mins.

I think its too soon to call how long it lasts because I have had mine for only 3 days. But it appears to me that 60% of charge should last for a moderate day use, which means 10-15 mins of charging for the entire day (morning to evening).

pretty much this.

I have been using my watch to play music at work for 3 nights now. and so far, I have gotten around 3 hours straight of music playback on the speaker, before I have to charge. so I play music until my lunch break for 4 hours, then charge it. and use for another 4 hours of music when I punch back in.

its a damn champ!

ewingr

Dec 1, 2007
pretty much this.

I have been using my watch to play music at work for 3 nights now. and so far, I have gotten around 3 hours straight of music playback on the speaker, before I have to charge. so I play music until my lunch break for 4 hours, then charge it. and use for another 4 hours of music when I punch back in.

its a damn champ!

PLaying music ON the watch, or THROUGH the watch to a BT streaming device? I haven't messed with music on mine yet. Haven't had time to play, not sure which apps to use.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010

Yes I pulled mine off the charger at 6:00am it is 5:00pm and almost dead.
I can not drive home until maybe 10pm and the watch will be dead. "When I go home a 10pm what do I care if it charges fast ?

The battery life so far is not acceptable, 16 hours is not a days use.

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
tweaksyourandroid.weebly.com
I can not drive home until maybe 10pm and the watch will be dead. "When I go home a 10pm what do I care if it charges fast ?

Did you reset your watch? What about the new update? Didn't fix the battery issue?

jainanshal

May 12, 2008
Toronto
It is actually very new, second day the battery life is better

So you started bashing the thing right after first charge?

I don't have mine anymore but when I did, it mostly use to be at 50% by the time I reached home with normal use or at least 30-40% with heavy use. Give it 3-4 charge cycles at the very least!

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
tweaksyourandroid.weebly.com
So you started bashing the thing right after first charge?

I don't have mine anymore but when I did, it mostly use to be at 50% by the time I reached home with normal use or at least 30-40% with heavy use. Give it 3-4 charge cycles at the very least!

What happen with your watch? since you don't haven't anymore? Maybe planning of buying new watch?

worldsoutro

Aug 11, 2012
Oxford

Do you have all the sensors activated? wifi, fitness tracker, gestures and tilt to wake all take up battery because they are constantly running. I disable that because I do not need them but keep always on and ambient display on and get about two days worth.

jainanshal

May 12, 2008
Toronto
What happen with your watch? since you don't haven't anymore? Maybe planning of buying new watch?

Sorry for the late reply. I returned mine. Was able to grab the Huawei watch for almost half the price and after using it for few days didn't find much difference in performance from Asus. While the ZW3 is much better looking (imo), wasn't ready to spend double just for aesthetics.

deathgame

Apr 8, 2009
POCO M2 Pro
I disconnected charger at 9 in the morning and went to office. Returned at evening 7, it was still 40% remaining. I am satisfied with the battery life. It would easily give me 24hrs battery. All time connected to bluetooth and Screen always on.

beaniiman

Sep 24, 2013

Pretty sure 16 hours is the definition of a days use considering 8 hours of sleep is a generally accepted standard even though none of us get that much. Bring the charge cable with you to work and spend the whopping 15 minutes to get another 10-12 hours use.

That all said I would still like the battery pack as well or at least somewhere to purchase another charging ring to leave at my office.

Misterjunky

Jan 18, 2011
Bakersfield, California
Android Wear
Re: battery pack

Pretty sure 16 hours is the definition of a days use considering 8 hours of sleep is a generally accepted standard even though none of us get that much. Bring the charge cable with you to work and spend the whopping 15 minutes to get another 10-12 hours use.

That all said I would still like the battery pack as well or at least somewhere to purchase another charging ring to leave at my office.

You can buy the charging ring from the asus usa store for $24.99 it's in stock:
http://store.asus.com/us/category/A47413

BH Photo is already advertising the new battery pack as pre-order for $45.99.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/sear...Search=yes&sts=ma&typedValue=&Top+Nav-Search=

Have a great day!

Last edited: