Asus new Padfone

Search This thread

darkvice01

Jan 29, 2011
Maybe because of the padfone infinity.. I compared the price of padfone 2 and infinity on their initial release and padfone infinity is cheaper than padfone 2 that's only if you buy the unit in Taiwan.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using xda premium

darkvice01

Jan 29, 2011
Is anyone having issues in LTE signal coz if I'm in 1 bar, after awhile signal indicator will go to no signal but still get data connection this happens with the new firmware

[zozi]

Jul 10, 2007
Porto
I don't have LTE active in my network provider so... I can't confirm that

Sent from my PadFone 2 using xda app-developers app

8solo5

Oct 23, 2011
dear friend is possible to re/lock the bootloader of my padfone 2? I need to do this to get warranty on my phone..can you help me?

MichioX VDarken

Sep 14, 2011
Asus Padfone 2 Launcher

Hey, would you mind to share the apk of Asus Padfone 2 stock launcher?

Thanks in advance...:angel::angel::angel::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

DJ_Datte

Jun 16, 2013
5G Wifi missing

Hi,

I just got my Padfone Infinity 64GB /w station a week or so ago, and to my surprise, it does not seem to support 5G / DualBand wifi ?

Can someone confirm / deny ?

Thank you!

Xyphoid

Feb 7, 2008
I'm trying to stop the battery drain.
In my search through all the settings, I found the "Smart mode (Power saving)" option in the sync options of the stock email app.
Does anybody know what this "Smart mode" exactly does and what the frequency is of syncing my mail?

allram

May 6, 2012
Svelvik - Norway
I'm trying to stop the battery drain.
In my search through all the settings, I found the "Smart mode (Power saving)" option in the sync options of the stock email app.
Does anybody know what this "Smart mode" exactly does and what the frequency is of syncing my mail?

Seems like it Just random checks for email..

Sent from my PadFone 2 using XDA Premium HD app

a_hadada

Dec 19, 2008
Padfone and Paranoid Android

Hey guys, is there anyone out there capable of porting the paranoid android ROM for Padfone 2 or Padfone Infinity? Don't really know where else to post.

gerald.mrrsn

Jul 11, 2013
Prince Rupert
This is international version, it's for Europe, we have these frequencies here. For US there will be different version as the frequencies are different.

Sent from my PadFone 2

would you know how i could get this padfone 2 model with hsdpa 850 support so i could use it in canada?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I picked mine up when I was in Hong Kong - price for my 64 Gb with docking station was $6,998 HKD (c£560 GBP / c$775 USD) - without the dock you'd pay $5,298 HKD (which is around £423 GBP / $680 USD) - best bet is trying to find a retailer in HK or TW who will export to US as eBay prices are pretty eye watering! LOL!

not sure what frequency the AT&T network operate on as I'm based in the UK - but the Padfone 2 is compatible with:

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600

Hope this helps! :)

would you know how i could get this padfone 2 model with hsdpa 850mhz support so i could use it in canada? thanx much :)

Dimitris CH

Jan 16, 2012
Lausanne, CH
I doubt there's an American version.
I see nothing on asus.com us site.

Thus I assume there is only the one version mentioned above. And i wouldn't buy it for use in North America. If it only supports 850 MHz, you won't have optimal coverage.

allram

May 6, 2012
Svelvik - Norway
would you know how i could get this padfone 2 model with hsdpa 850 support so i could use it in canada?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

would you know how i could get this padfone 2 model with hsdpa 850mhz support so i could use it in canada? thanx much :)

Well, IT does cover 850mhz as stated in the post you quoted

gerald.mrrsn

Jul 11, 2013
Prince Rupert
Well, IT does cover 850mhz as stated in the post you quoted

ya i seen that...& reason why i asked is cause i looked allllll over google & ebay and couldnt find the version that supports 850 hsdpa...as the one i quoted on :mad: so i myself came to believe that it doesnt even exist..every model i seen online are the same..wich only supports 900/2100 hsdpa...even on the asus website it said only 900/2100 hsdpa...id sure love to get this phone..but its kinda a pain in the ass that it isnt a world phone for how much its worth!!! Cause i need 850 mhz for b.c canada 3G,if someone knows if theres really a model that supports 850 hsdpa & kno how to get it help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

allram

May 6, 2012
Svelvik - Norway
ya i seen that...& reason why i asked is cause i looked allllll over google & ebay and couldnt find the version that supports 850 hsdpa...as the one i quoted on :mad: so i myself came to believe that it doesnt even exist..every model i seen online are the same..wich only supports 900/2100 hsdpa...even on the asus website it said only 900/2100 hsdpa...id sure love to get this phone..but its kinda a pain in the ass that it isnt a world phone for how much its worth!!! Cause i need 850 mhz for b.c canada 3G,if someone knows if theres really a model that supports 850 hsdpa & kno how to get it help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

http://m.gsmarena.com/asus_padfone_2-5017.php

Gsmarena says 850,same does most of the Norwegian webshop.

darkvice01

Jan 29, 2011
ya i seen that,im just wondering why i could not find it anywhere what so ever :/ !!

Coz each region has different radios. Asus didn't release a US region padfone most padfone are only released in Europe and Asia.. So padfone are only compatible with those supported countries.. Just wait for Samsung to release their own dockable phone, a patent in US has already been submitted.

Austech

Nov 3, 2012
I still love this device. I wonder why the mods are so stupid to bit give the padfone it's own forum

darkvice01

Jan 29, 2011
I still love this device. I wonder why the mods are so stupid to bit give the padfone it's own forum

They're not stupid.. Asus just didn't give them a unit to tweak on.. Modaco has and he bought it .since it doesn't have much users and supporters he only provide basic tools,like the easy way to root the phone. But the custom ROM it self.. There is NONE. So stop whining..

droidace

Apr 22, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi 12
GPS Coverage Issues

I've been struggling for quite sometime with GPS stability. The phone gets a lock in average time but looses the lock and jump between near points a lot :confused: It's as bad as I can not have a continuous turn by navigation

I have tried different ROMS (Stock, Stock deodexed, Guerilla) I'm currently using a stock deodexed ROM, latest version. Any thoughts here?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the new Padfone plus a couple other new products

The Padfone looks interesting but no real specs as of yet

http://www.pcworld.com/article/229101/asus_announces_padfone_tabletphone_and_199_netbook.html

or here is their promo link

http://event.asus.com/mobile/padfone/

Check it out
    Just a quick heads up that i'm in the process of creating one of my 'Superboot' auto-root images for the Padfone 2 (it's already working!), then i'll do a tweaked ROM. I'll be posting them both here and in the new MoDaCo Padfone 2 forum.

P

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

And here it is.

Superboot for the Padfone 2!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360416-superboot-padfone-2-root-solution/

P
    HDMI

i talked to asus sweden on facebook, they told me that microHDMI to TV should not be any problems. They told me that the microHDMI cable is the problem.

Because of the design of the phone the HDMI cable is not getting to the bottom of the microHDMI hole, so hey said i could try to cut away a little of plastic from the microHDMI cable so it get longer into the connector on the padfone.

can anyone confirm this?

im getting my padfone tonight :D so i'll try it then if i manage to get a microHDMI to HDMI cable.

i dont know hot deep the connector input on the phone is, but im guessing is should be enough to cut away 2-3mm of the plastic around the cable so the connector get the whole way in :p

It's like trying to get to wonderland with only putting the key to the door halfway in.
    Hi,

I just modify a way to root Padfone 4.0.4 without lost data.

You need download 3 firmware file (1 full firmware CHT-PadFone-9.18.8.41_CHT and 2 OTA firmware Firmware 9.18.8.41 to 9.20.1.22(CHT), Firmware 9.20.1.22 to 9.20.2.14(CHT)).

Take it here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Mobile_Phone/PadFone/CHT_PadFoneuser9_18_8_41UpdateLauncher.zip (this file must be extract and copy zip file under ASUS folder)
    AND OTA firmware: http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/content/content.php?content.15

Copy 3 zip file to a SD Card, put SD Card to your phone.

Enable setting first:
    "Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources"
    "Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging"
    OR
    "Settings > Security > Unknown Sources"
    "Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging"

Go to recovery and install CHT-PadFone-9.18.8.41_CHT then boot, while your phone booting put your phone to pc usb and run RootDebugfs.bat and chose steep Root. When you receive mes "Keep here, install 2 OTA Firmware at recovery. Once 2 OTA Firmware install completed and your devices has finished restarting".

Keep it here and keep usb pc connected padfone. Go to recovery and install 2 OTA (install at one Firmware 9.18.8.41 to 9.20.1.22(CHT) first, then Firmware 9.20.1.22 to 9.20.2.14(CHT), don't need reboot). After install completed, reboot and complete step at root cmd on your PC.

All done!

If got error on root chmod script, try it by your self: Run CMD, type "adb shell" enter, then type list command bellow:

su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /system
    chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
    rm /data/local/tmp
    mv /data/local/tmp.bak /data/local/tmp
    rm /data/local/su
    rm /data/local/debugfs
    rm /data/local/debugfsinput
    exit
    exit

----

Thanks to sparkym3 for root tools: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1706588

Sorry for my bad English :(
    Supersu working on padfone 2 A68

Tonite I'm trying to replace adbd In ramdisk with an insecure version.

I'|| report results.

Inviato dal mio PadFone 2 con Tapatalk 2

..... TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!!

you might wanna look at the below screenshots

we gooooooot da root!!! :D