• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ASUS ROG Phone 2 Tencent Edition Query

Search This thread

emdieytea

Nov 10, 2020
I don't know where to post my question so I tried it here.

I wanted my phone to be able to do updates manually via the firmwares in the ASUS Official Website so I tried to install their official app to unlock the bootloader because my SKU version is CN and I wanted it to be WW. It produces something like network error and saw that my SN is C4ATAS000000 and not my original SN so I've tried to do EDL Mode and successfully unlock the bootloader for rooting, the reason is I want to change the /vendor/factory/COUNTRY file from CN -> WW but when I'm in here I only see folders even if I tried using other apps. So sorry if what I'm saying is messy.

I need help with my phone, can anyone assist me? I've read something about as to why I don't have a COUNTRY file in /vendor/factory is about persist.img, I'm scared to do something without guidance because I'm afraid I'll just mess my phone.

Here is an image for reference about my phone's current info.
https ://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yleI0cNsnturZhG9e7-CL_fC0cMT7dYo?usp=sharing