• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Asus ROG phone 2 Tencent Slot a is unbootable

Search This thread

Asparas

Dec 21, 2019
Hi i recently bought the Asus ROG phone 2 Tencent edition, it came with WW rom 1908_12 but CN fingerprint. I followed the tutorial from Bobbyprats to fully convert it to global, unlocked bootloader etc. but after step 2 (the root part) when trying to boot the phone it says ''Slot A is unbootable''. I can still run the ''fastboot devices'' cmd and I can still see the fastboot menu. Now I read some other posts about this and I read that you need to flash the stock img again but since I don't have experience with flashing at all I am pretty clueless. Do I just connect the phone to my computer in fastboot mode and start adb&fastboot and use the ''fastboot flash boot bootstockww190812.img'' command? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: kashif31

kashif31

May 6, 2015
Sesto
Hi i recently bought the Asus ROG phone 2 Tencent edition, it came with WW rom 1908_12 but CN fingerprint. I followed the tutorial from Bobbyprats to fully convert it to global, unlocked bootloader etc. but after step 2 (the root part) when trying to boot the phone it says ''Slot A is unbootable''. I can still run the ''fastboot devices'' cmd and I can still see the fastboot menu. Now I read some other posts about this and I read that you need to flash the stock img again but since I don't have experience with flashing at all I am pretty clueless. Do I just connect the phone to my computer in fastboot mode and start adb&fastboot and use the ''fastboot flash boot bootstockww190812.img'' command? Thanks for the help.
fastboot flash boot bootstockww190812.img thts all you need to do in fastboot mode And your phone will boot up .

Reactions: Asparas

Asparas

Dec 21, 2019
fastboot flash boot bootstockww190812.img thts all you need to do in fastboot mode And your phone will boot up .

Thanks for the fast reply! will it boot by itself? ADB says it finished but i still see the fastboot menu on my phone, do i just press start? Also is it normal that it only takes 3 seconds too finish that process?

Last edited:
Reactions: kashif31

Quyllur

Jan 10, 2020
England
Slot -a unbootable

I follow the same steps and got the same error but now I can fix. If any knows the solution please contact me.

aliferous

Jul 20, 2020
I have the same problem. I tried flashing a new boot image, but it still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP

alucke

Oct 25, 2010
I am getting a slot a is unbootable error. When I try to flash any raw images i am getting vender.img errors. see attached file.

Attachments

• fastboot.log
    6.9 KB · Views: 33

KnowThyPro

Jul 4, 2018
> ROG2 Bootloader Unlocked.
> Download Stock.img of which firmware version you're on.
> switch the phone to fastboot mode
> launch adb > fastboot devices > alpha numeric should appear
> make sure stock.img is in the same folder as your adb
> fastboot flash boot stock.img
> fastboot restart

if above didn't work.
> download RAW Firmware
> Extract Content to a folder
> Switch phone to Fastboot mode
> double click Flash_all.bat
> Wait for process to finish
> Factory Wipe to boot

If Phone says LOCKED and you can't boot to system

you can unlock through EDL mode

untoldzero

Jan 7, 2013
sorry for resuming this "old topic",
after i did the thing in fastboot (my phone reboot and now it "works") is not able anymore to get LTE/4G any suggestion? i only did the fastboot thing

Marcelo MSC

Nov 17, 2021
says galerVersion WW-17.0240.2009.49a where I find the boot.img of this rom

please help me to recover my rog 2 is with storage Slot a is unbootable

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the fast reply! will it boot by itself? ADB says it finished but i still see the fastboot menu on my phone, do i just press start? Also is it normal that it only takes 3 seconds too finish that process?
    Hey did you fix your issue? Yes you have to manually press on start on your phone