Question Asus ROG Phone 5s died

Search This thread

Tsunei

Oct 5, 2021
ASUS ROG Phone 5
When I bought the phone: 09/18/2021
When I received the Phone: 09/21/2021
When did the problem occur: 10/05/2021 - 1:32 pm
Condition of the phone: No scratches, No falls and no water damage.( very careful when handling of the phone).

Model and variant: Asus Rog Phone 5s White 16/256 Gb, Cn Rom
What was the problem encountered:
1B534A2C-0F8D-4707-AB03-36F08F4691E3.jpeg

As you can see that I was too late to notice that my phone was slowly losing charge as I try tp charge it.

Solutions I tried:
1) charge the phone for 30 mins (bottom and side port)
2) Different Charger like realme and ipad pro 2021
3) Usb sideport or bottom connect/charge(desktop can’t even detect the phone except when it was still on but sadly phone already died).
4) Volume up;down;power button or press all of them with charger or without, still the same.
5) cleaning the ports even if it was clean ( charge and still no life nor led indicator isn’t even there)
6)Charge it up using powerbank(original + different chargers + mention 4) + leave for 30 min = still dead and no led indicator.

well, the story was the typical me reading a manga and I noticed that there was a notification where spotify is trying to play something but I wonder what it was. So i tried downloading Avast Antivirus to clean the phone and it didn’t detect anything. Meanwhile eating lunch, I go back to my phone to resume my reading and there I found out that my battery percentage kept on decreasing like huh? Must be my imagination until I go to the system and saw the plugged in, can’t charge right now (please refer to the photo above). So, I decided to shutdown the phone. After a few hours, well this is it just plain ol dead phone.

I wonder what should I do next?
Oh right, of course that my phone is always updated from the system updates.

Reactions: ps000000
You are right on the last day of two weeks, which is the return period through Asus. Better contact Asus ASAP. If you miss today, you are outside the return period and will have to go through the regular repair process.

If you bought it from a third-party seller, then you may want to check their return policy and contact Asus about it anyway, in case the seller won't accept it.

If you purchased a model from another country and aren't sure if you are covered, contact Asus anyway and see if there is anything they can offer to help.

TL;DR Like 100% of the hardware issues that are posted here, contact Asus.

Tsunei

Oct 5, 2021
ASUS ROG Phone 5
You are right on the last day of two weeks, which is the return period through Asus. Better contact Asus ASAP. If you miss today, you are outside the return period and will have to go through the regular repair process.

If you bought it from a third-party seller, then you may want to check their return policy and contact Asus about it anyway, in case the seller won't accept it.

If you purchased a model from another country and aren't sure if you are covered, contact Asus anyway and see if there is anything they can offer to help.

I will try that.

Reactions: twistedumbrella

SrgWhiskers

Nov 15, 2021
Hey , something similar happened to me, did you manage to do anything with it ? i have the CN version as well, which was shipped with a charger marked "EU" , maybe thats the issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I bought the phone: 09/18/2021
    When I received the Phone: 09/21/2021
    When did the problem occur: 10/05/2021 - 1:32 pm
    Condition of the phone: No scratches, No falls and no water damage.( very careful when handling of the phone).

Model and variant: Asus Rog Phone 5s White 16/256 Gb, Cn Rom
    What was the problem encountered:
    1B534A2C-0F8D-4707-AB03-36F08F4691E3.jpeg

As you can see that I was too late to notice that my phone was slowly losing charge as I try tp charge it.

Solutions I tried:
    1) charge the phone for 30 mins (bottom and side port)
    2) Different Charger like realme and ipad pro 2021
    3) Usb sideport or bottom connect/charge(desktop can’t even detect the phone except when it was still on but sadly phone already died).
    4) Volume up;down;power button or press all of them with charger or without, still the same.
    5) cleaning the ports even if it was clean ( charge and still no life nor led indicator isn’t even there)
    6)Charge it up using powerbank(original + different chargers + mention 4) + leave for 30 min = still dead and no led indicator.

well, the story was the typical me reading a manga and I noticed that there was a notification where spotify is trying to play something but I wonder what it was. So i tried downloading Avast Antivirus to clean the phone and it didn’t detect anything. Meanwhile eating lunch, I go back to my phone to resume my reading and there I found out that my battery percentage kept on decreasing like huh? Must be my imagination until I go to the system and saw the plugged in, can’t charge right now (please refer to the photo above). So, I decided to shutdown the phone. After a few hours, well this is it just plain ol dead phone.

I wonder what should I do next?
    Oh right, of course that my phone is always updated from the system updates.

I will try that.