Question Asus Stock Camera App, Please !

Search This thread

topaza

Aug 12, 2009
Did anyone try if the asus camera works on LOS + MicroG? Maybe it just does not work because of the missing google services?

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Did anyone try if the asus camera works on LOS + MicroG? Maybe it just does not work because of the missing google services?
I have personnally not tried when I was on LOS4MicroG (now on OmniRom, which has a port of Asuscam), but that is my theory, since the app worked fine on a friend's Pixel 4a, which is obviously not made by Asus.

Reactions: topaza

adam.718

Nov 15, 2021

PhotonCamera​

Best camera app for LineageOS so far.

- It support Asus Zenfone 8 running LineageOS.
- It support both lenses/cameras normal+ultrawide.
- It has enhanced image processing and gives better image quality, better than LOS stuck camera, OpenCamera and grapheneOS Camera.
- It has one issue; unable to save video after been captured (there's already an opened issue for that in their github, so I hope they're going to fix this soon).
Download at:

Last edited:

GrayEyes

Mar 22, 2022
That version dont work on my device with LOS.

This one here does with good results:

Here the official thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/working-gcam.4280045/
Hello, thank you for linking to this. I am in a similar situation as everyone else here with the camera situation. I downloaded this apk, imported the custom settings xml file... But the video camera has a green tint, but not the main camera. I suspect this is something to do with HDR. Are you or anyone else having this problem and if not, what version of lineage are you running? I am running 18.1-20220225-NIGHTLY-sake

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hello, thank you for linking to this. I am in a similar situation as everyone else here with the camera situation. I downloaded this apk, imported the custom settings xml file... But the video camera has a green tint, but not the main camera. I suspect this is something to do with HDR. Are you or anyone else having this problem and if not, what version of lineage are you running? I am running 18.1-20220225-NIGHTLY-sake
Disable video stabilization in the settings. That's disables the software stabilization, now the hardware one so it's still very stable and it's not green

Reactions: GrayEyes

GrayEyes

Mar 22, 2022
Disable video stabilization in the settings. That's disables the software stabilization, now the hardware one so it's still very stable and it's not green
Thank you so much! I'd have never guessed the software stabilization was to blame. Now the camera is working great. Got 4k 60fps working flawlessly on the main camera.
If I can ask just another two questions... Is there a way to get slow motion working? Currently switching to slow mo causes the app to crash. Also is there a way to get the front camera to shoot 4k video?

Adaoh

Jun 13, 2021
ASUS ZenFone 8
Thank you so much! I'd have never guessed the software stabilization was to blame. Now the camera is working great. Got 4k 60fps working flawlessly on the main camera.
If I can ask just another two questions... Is there a way to get slow motion working? Currently switching to slow mo causes the app to crash. Also is there a way to get the front camera to shoot 4k video?
Slow mo is tricky, as I think it does not even work with GCam on Stock lol. And for selfie camera, I have no idea if it is possible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PhotonCamera​

Best camera app for LineageOS so far.

- It support Asus Zenfone 8 running LineageOS.
    - It support both lenses/cameras normal+ultrawide.
    - It has enhanced image processing and gives better image quality, better than LOS stuck camera, OpenCamera and grapheneOS Camera.
    - It has one issue; unable to save video after been captured (there's already an opened issue for that in their github, so I hope they're going to fix this soon).
    Download at:
    Here is the OmniRom APK
    Thank you @Adaoh ! Unfortunately it does not work for me. After granting access the app displays "Camera not ready. Try again later" (translated from german) and exits. Obviously depending on some other components not available in LineageOS...
    Tested the Witchaya Port of GCam yesterday. No luck with Version 8 (just crashes), but Version 7 first seemed to run. Yet it freezes the captured image constantly after 3 seconds. Tapping onto a different camera mode wakes the image again for 3 seconds - just to freeze again afterwards. Tried all of the supplied xml config files - no success. I'm running on latest LineageOS nightly without the GApps...
    Asus camera is dependant of asus framework . Most likely nogo to get it to run on non as roms.
    Its not as simple as config files, it much deeper integrated in asus framework
    It was worth a shot asking. Thankfully those are much less important features. Thank you for your help!
    Shamin gcam got working slow motion: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-shamim/f/dl6/