Asus Transformer TF101. Unbrick instruction

Search This thread
Dec 20, 2014
Hi, everybody!

I'm posting here my solution, which describes how to unbrick Asus Transformer TF101.
The solution is based on bigwheelie from this post. You can download the scripts from here (I'll provide the attachments) or from that post.
Despite, that post is about repartitioning, it perferctly fits for unbricking Transformer TF101 tablets!
First of all, despite there are a lot of topics on this forum, I didn't manage to unbrick my device using instructions from that posts.

My case was quite complicated: I broke a partition table. The second problem are links to the scripts. Almost all the links do not work (Oct 2018). The links from the thread I provided do open.
The solution is for Linux only. If you are a Windows guy, you can use VirtualBox or create a bootable USB flash of a Linux disto.

So, here's the instruction of how to unbrick your Asus Transformer TF101 tablet:
  1. Boot up Linux.
  2. Download & unpack the scripts (I use bash version for example)
  3. Open console/terminal. Go to the script folder: cd ~/scripts_folder
  4. Go to root (it's required). For Ubuntu-like distros you can type sudo -s or add sudo before every command, e.g. sudo ./nvflash ...
  5. Next, we need to go to APX mode. To reach there, connect a USB cable to your PC and press & hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously
  6. Open another console. lsusb command shows all the USB devices. Run it and you must see the line containing "Nvidia".
    Alternatively, you can run command watch -n 1 lsusb, which will every second run lsusb without a need to call it every time.
  7. OK, on this stage you must see "Nvidia" among your USB devices. Let's do unbrick. All you need to do is to call
    Code:
    reflash_sbkv1.sh
    or
    Code:
    reflash_sbkv2.sh
    depending on your tablet type.
  8. Or, if something goes wrong, you can open the script, copy and run commands step-by-step (sbk v1):
    Code:
    ./wheelie -1 --bl bootloader.bin --bct transformer.bct --odm 0x300d8011 || break
    ./nvflash -r --bct transformer.bct --setbct --configfile flash.cfg --create --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sync || break
    ./nvflash -r --go || break

If everything is fine, you the device must reboot and you will have vanilla Android 4.0.3 with TWRP recovery.

I hope, it was helpful to somebody.
Good luck!

Attachments:
bigwheelie-bash.zip
bigwheelie-python2.zip

Last edited:

jerrylikescars

Nov 13, 2020
Hi, everybody!

I'm posting here my solution, which describes how to unbrick Asus Transformer TF101.
The solution is based on bigwheelie from this post. You can download the scripts from here (I'll provide the attachments) or from that post.
Despite, that post is about repartitioning, it perferctly fits for unbricking Transformer TF101 tablets!
First of all, despite there are a lot of topics on this forum, I didn't manage to unbrick my device using instructions from that posts.

My case was quite complicated: I broke a partition table. The second problem are links to the scripts. Almost all the links do not work (Oct 2018). The links from the thread I provided do open.
The solution is for Linux only. If you are a Windows guy, you can use VirtualBox or create a bootable USB flash of a Linux disto.

So, here's the instruction of how to unbrick your Asus Transformer TF101 tablet:
  1. Boot up Linux.
  4. Go to root (it's required). For Ubuntu-like distros you can type sudo -s or add sudo before every command, e.g. sudo ./nvflash ...
  5. Next, we need to go to APX mode. To reach there, connect a USB cable to your PC and press & hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously
  6. Open another console. lsusb command shows all the USB devices. Run it and you must see the line containing "Nvidia".
    Alternatively, you can run command watch -n 1 lsusb, which will every second run lsusb without a need to call it every time.
  7. OK, on this stage you must see "Nvidia" among your USB devices. Let's do unbrick. All you need to do is to call
    Code:
    reflash_sbkv1.sh
    or
    Code:
    reflash_sbkv2.sh
  8. Or, if something goes wrong, you can open the script, copy and run commands step-by-step (sbk v1):
    Code:
    ./wheelie -1 --bl bootloader.bin --bct transformer.bct --odm 0x300d8011 || break
    ./nvflash -r --bct transformer.bct --setbct --configfile flash.cfg --create --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sync || break

If everything is fine, you the device must reboot and you will have vanilla Android 4.0.3 with TWRP recovery.

Good luck!

Attachments:
bigwheelie-bash.zip
bigwheelie-python2.zip

Bummer. I've tried just about everything to unbrick my POS and this looked like another opportunity to try again, but alas I am an idiot and have no idea what you are talking about. I loaded linux on a bootable usb. Got into it. Typed around. kept getting invalid command and gave up. Who am I kidding. I have no idea what im doing. thats what I get for only using windows and not taking time to understand any other OS. Thank for the info though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, everybody!

1. Boot up Linux.
      Code:
      reflash_sbkv1.sh
      or
      Code:
      reflash_sbkv2.sh
      Code:

Good luck!

Attachments:
    bigwheelie-bash.zip
    bigwheelie-python2.zip