Asus Vivo RT recovery files

soon son

May 6, 2016
I have formatted win RT from my Asus TF600T. It now stays on the Asus Logo. It can't boot to windows anymore. I want to reinstall it to Win RT. How do I do it?thanks help me please thanks

Tavor999

May 16, 2012
Unable to restore VivoRT

Hi there,

I've followed the instructions by BlackSoil and tried both apatcas files and the microsoft one, and none worked.
The device still stuck on error code 0x0000001 blue screen (same as posted in #126/#79).

Any help would be appreciated.

spiritshaman14

Oct 20, 2015
Hi there,

I've followed the instructions by BlackSoil and tried both apatcas files and the microsoft one, and none worked.
The device still stuck on error code 0x0000001 blue screen (same as posted in #126/#79).

Any help would be appreciated.

I searched a lot and found this:

I was deploying a W2K8 R2 image on a ML350 G5 some time ago and was unable to make the system partition bootable. Never thought of writing about this but the issue reappeared lately on a G7 so here it goes..

Running “bcdboot.exe c:\windows /l en-us” returned a “Failure when attempting to copy boot files” error. And yes, I did check if the partition was active and it was. I heard that this issue was resolved by some by destroying the array, rebuilding it and installing the image again. I did so but with no further luck – unfortunately a huge waste of time over iLO and a slow connection (you probably know what I mean).

Turns out that the command which finally worked correctly was “bcdboot c:\Windows /s c: /l en-us” while running it from the WinPE drive.

The “/s” option according to the manual “Specifies an optional volume letter parameter to designate the target system partition where boot environment files are copied. The default is the system partition identified by the firmware.”

I guess the default system partition could not be properly identified thus all the fuss. Weird, I haven't found a reason for this. Didn't look deeper since I found a fix. Anyway, hope this helps!

so out of desperation I changed the last line to: bcdboot w:\windows /s w:

and it created boot files successfully! however now I'm stuck on Asus logo.

clemininchou

Jun 21, 2016
Hi all, does anybody still get the German full recovery of TF600TG? because the link is down and i really need it, it was the only one present over the net x)
Thanks !!!

M

MacXeon

Hello,
i have a new motherboard for my Vivo Tab TF600t from america.
So i am searching for an recovery file with the german language.
Did anyone have the files for me?

Thx and have a nice day

Last edited:

superfabek

Oct 19, 2012
Hi guys!
I'm looking for recovery files for my infelicitous Vivotab TF600TL (LTE version) and BCD files from Windows and EFI. I've tried already:
- 3 recovery packs from alexpatcas, egorblack and russian site
- manual disk partitioning
- automatic clean and recovery
- 2 diskpart's scripts to prepare partitions
- 2 deployment methods of windows8
- 2 usb drives (sd card didn't work)
- entered to low level Embedded Boot Loader
Everything without positive results. Still appears error 0xc0000001 at booting after install.
I will be appreciate for any advices.
Thanks.

Ps. Who can share me recovery file or rared files from c:\ partition?

Last edited:

haywoods1

Aug 2, 2016
Asus tf600tl

If any one want my recovery disk(windows rt asus vivotab rt tf600tl) please reply.
Good luck.[/QUOTE]

DO YOU STILL HAVE THE ACTUAL RECOVERY DRIVE FILES FOR THE ASUS tf600tl FROM AT&T? HOW ABOUT THE CODE TO UNLOCK. I HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS OTHER SUGGESTIONS TO RESET THIS DEVICE WITHOUT LUCK.

superfabek

Oct 19, 2012
I'm pretty sure that 0xc0000001 error is related to wrong BCD and missing or wrong emmc disk drivers - boot manager can't load winload.efi because it's invisible.

MihaiA.

Aug 20, 2016
Hi, tried to flash vivort.rar onto an tf600tg, dism gives me error 3 the system cannot find the path specified. Checked and double checked, followed the exact instructions, no luck, any ideas? Does anybody have the recovery image for tf600tg. Saw some posts where there was a link, doesn`t work now. Thank you!

FreeJAC

Oct 3, 2016
Thanks to OP!

Thanks again to the OP! I was given one of these tabs by my cousin that moved away. It had a lost password that he had no clue what it was plus wanted all his data cleaned off. I was able to use the image here to restore the tablet back to factory and then update all the way to RT 8.1. I had a real hard time getting it to install using Windows RE. I had to remove the Windows partition manually using diskpart and the override (I think that was it) to clear out the bitlockered partition. I then had to use the option to remove all partitions in Win RE and then try again this time leave partitions in tact then it finally installed. Another challenge was the charger would only work in the tablet itself not in the keyboard. Leaving it charge overnight helped. In the end it was a PITA but it did end up working, still in October 2016! :) Great community here, first time poster long time lurker!

todpalin

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks,

This worked perfectly. I downloaded the file in the first post, extracted it to a bootable USB, vol down + power and did a reset PC + wipe just files. All the drivers now work perfectly in my t600tf.

mike565

Mar 4, 2017
need recover disk

Windows 8.1 to 8 RT downgrade and recovery

Yesterday i was successfully unlock my vivotab rt tf600tl tablet. i got unlock code from att&t company.
I request code from at&t.
when i got my unlock code i try to unlock by using windows right hand side panel.
But i was failed many times. my tab was upgraded to windows RT 8.1, and I uninstalled the AT&T AllAccess before upgrade. but i couldn't install at&t allaccess. then i downgrade my tablet by using my windows rt recovery disk(usb).
when i try to recover then i got Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.
then i delete all my partitions and put fresh windows rt installation to my tablet.

these are my steps:if anyone want any help?
1. Boot up from the recovery USB drive and go to the command prompt (after choosing "Troubleshoot" -> "Advanced options" -> "Cmd line").
2.at the command prompt, enter the following (note that this will give you a 32 GB Windows partition and a big user data partition; the data partition can be omitted if desired):
---------------------------------------------------------------------
select disk 0
clean
convert gpt
create partition primary size=350
format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows RE tools"
assign letter="T"
set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac"
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
create partition efi size=260
format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
assign letter="S"
create partition msr size=128
create partition primary
shrink minimum=3072
format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
assign letter="W"
create partition primary
format quick fs=ntfs label="Recovery image"
assign letter="R"
list volume
----------------------------------------------------------------------
you can type above commands in notepad and save it as recovery.txt
Then run it like so: diskpart.exe /s recovery.txt in command prompt.
you will get full partition tablet

3. Now you should be out of Diskpart but still at the command prompt. Copy the recovery images to the recovery partition. Your recovery USB will probably be drive C, and the images will be several Install.Wim files in the Sources directory. Copy them to drive W. Like this:
dism /apply-image /imagefile:C:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:W:\

this will get some times to copy your recovery image.
4. You are still in command prompt then type below command one by one
BOOTREC /FIXMBR and press Enter.
BOOTREC /FIXBOOT and press Enter.
BOOTREC /SCANOS and press Enter.
BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD and press Enter.

if last command not success then try
5.Copy the boot files to the System partition:
bcdboot w:\windows

6.then exit from command prompt (use exit command).

7. At this point, Windows will boot up, but will look funny. You can now do a Reset Your PC without getting the message about a missing partition, and everything will be back to normal!

if any one want my recovery disk(windows rt asus vivotab rt tf600tl) please reply.
Good luck.
can you please send me link for your recovery disk. thank you

yohojones

Dec 23, 2010
This worked perfect. Remind me not to delete the system partition. Thank you chathu60!

Windows 8.1 to 8 RT downgrade and recovery

Yesterday i was successfully unlock my vivotab rt tf600tl tablet. i got unlock code from att&t company.
I request code from at&t.
when i got my unlock code i try to unlock by using windows right hand side panel.
But i was failed many times. my tab was upgraded to windows RT 8.1, and I uninstalled the AT&T AllAccess before upgrade. but i couldn't install at&t allaccess. then i downgrade my tablet by using my windows rt recovery disk(usb).
when i try to recover then i got Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.
then i delete all my partitions and put fresh windows rt installation to my tablet.

these are my steps:if anyone want any help?
1. Boot up from the recovery USB drive and go to the command prompt (after choosing "Troubleshoot" -> "Advanced options" -> "Cmd line").
2.at the command prompt, enter the following (note that this will give you a 32 GB Windows partition and a big user data partition; the data partition can be omitted if desired):
---------------------------------------------------------------------
select disk 0
clean
convert gpt
create partition primary size=350
format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows RE tools"
assign letter="T"
create partition efi size=260
format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
assign letter="S"
create partition msr size=128
create partition primary
shrink minimum=3072
format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
assign letter="W"
create partition primary
format quick fs=ntfs label="Recovery image"
assign letter="R"
list volume
----------------------------------------------------------------------
you can type above commands in notepad and save it as recovery.txt
Then run it like so: diskpart.exe /s recovery.txt in command prompt.
you will get full partition tablet

3. Now you should be out of Diskpart but still at the command prompt. Copy the recovery images to the recovery partition. Your recovery USB will probably be drive C, and the images will be several Install.Wim files in the Sources directory. Copy them to drive W. Like this:
dism /apply-image /imagefile:C:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:W:\

this will get some times to copy your recovery image.
4. You are still in command prompt then type below command one by one
BOOTREC /FIXMBR and press Enter.
BOOTREC /FIXBOOT and press Enter.
BOOTREC /SCANOS and press Enter.
BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD and press Enter.

if last command not success then try
5.Copy the boot files to the System partition:
bcdboot w:\windows

6.then exit from command prompt (use exit command).

7. At this point, Windows will boot up, but will look funny. You can now do a Reset Your PC without getting the message about a missing partition, and everything will be back to normal!

if any one want my recovery disk(windows rt asus vivotab rt tf600tl) please reply.
Good luck.

benstiller01

Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for the files. I had to do quite a bit more to unsoftbrick my tf600t.

If you search for walkthrough of installing windows pe on uefi it gives the extra missing steps. Like copying boot files to S: partition and configuring bcdboot.

But thanks for the install.vim file you saved my device!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MihaiRotaru

Apr 28, 2017
hi can you explain the steps how to instal it on my device

Thanks for the files. I had to do quite a bit more to unsoftbrick my tf600t.

If you search for walkthrough of installing windows pe on uefi it gives the extra missing steps. Like copying boot files to S: partition and configuring bcdboot.

But thanks for the install.vim file you saved my device!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
hi can you explain the steps how to instal it on my device please, i realy dont know,