Asus Vivo RT recovery files

Search This thread

hfatahi

Aug 17, 2014
can you help me

I have a an asus vivo tf600t. I mistakenly installed surface rt 8.0 and now my wifi,sound.... doesent work . I am helpless. I have already searched a thousand sites to find a windows rt recovery image version for asus vivo but there don't seem to be any. can someone kindly help me out? or give me a recovery image and help me out of this mess? I really appreciate it

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

hi,

I read your comment and realized we had a common problem. I installed windows rt surface on my vivo asus tf600t and now it doesn't work properly Wi-Fi is disabled , sound is disabled . the worst thing is that I don't have a vivo version recovery image to restore my tablet. my question is that ,did you find an rt image compatible with asus vivo ? if yes can you help me please . thank you my email: hashemfathi_247en@yahoo.com

Last edited:

freddyk85

Aug 22, 2014
911 asus tf600tl need full recovery pls help

I have a an asus vivo tf600t. I mistakenly installed surface rt 8.0 and now my wifi,sound.... doesent work . I am helpless. I have already searched a thousand sites to find a windows rt recovery image version for asus vivo but there don't seem to be any. can someone kindly help me out? or give me a recovery image and help me out of this mess? I really appreciate it

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

hi,

I read your comment and realized we had a common problem. I installed windows rt surface on my vivo asus tf600t and now it doesn't work properly Wi-Fi is disabled , sound is disabled . the worst thing is that I don't have a vivo version recovery image to restore my tablet. my question is that ,did you find an rt image compatible with asus vivo ? if yes can you help me please . thank you my email: hashemfathi_247en@yahoo.com

:confused:>>>911**** ASUS TF600TL *****NEED FULL RECOVERY PLS HELP.....OR DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE I HAVE SAME ISSUE AFTER UPDATE FAIL>>>>>>>>>>>CONTACT ME PLS HERE......> freddyk85.fk@gmail.com THANK YOU VERY MUCH:good:

egorblack

Nov 22, 2006
Finally I restored my TF600T.
That is what I got after restore:
1drv.ms/1twdggh

Here is instructions(not finished)

Image file TF600T_Restore_image.zip

1drv.ms/WhoB5B

When the download is complete, create the USB recovery drive.
a.Insert your USB drive into the USB port of your PC.
b.From the desktop, open File Explorer.
c.Tap and Hold or right-click on the USB drive and choose Format.
d.Select FAT32 as the file system and enter a Volume label to name the USB drive, such as RECOVERY, and then tap or click Start.
e.Tap or click OK to erase the contents of the USB drive.
f.Tap or click OK when the format is complete.
g.Copy the contents of the recovery image zip file you downloaded to the USB flash drive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn Tablet off by pressing the power button.

a.Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port(using adapter)

b.Press and hold the volume-down (–) rocker.

c.Press and release the power button.

d.When the Asus logo appears, release the volume rocker.

e.Tablet will start the recovery software on the USB recovery drive
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose Clean your PC
No repartitioning
Remove files

Reactions: tracins

ezrashapiro

Sep 17, 2014
Thank you - Question...

Thanks a lot for this. I've downloaded the file, made my USB disk. When I start the device, however (volume button down until logo, etc) the computer starts with Preparing Automatic Repair and comes up with the blue startup screen. I'm using the USB via the keyboard. Will this also work with a micro SD card without the keyboard attached? Any ideas? Thanks again!

UPDATE - it appears I have a loose connection with the keyboard - when I held it in tight, the correct screen loaded! Thanks :)

Finally I restored my TF600T.
That is what I got after restore:
1drv.ms/1twdggh

Here is instructions(not finished)

Image file TF600T_Restore_image.zip

1drv.ms/WhoB5B

When the download is complete, create the USB recovery drive.
a.Insert your USB drive into the USB port of your PC.
b.From the desktop, open File Explorer.
c.Tap and Hold or right-click on the USB drive and choose Format.
d.Select FAT32 as the file system and enter a Volume label to name the USB drive, such as RECOVERY, and then tap or click Start.
e.Tap or click OK to erase the contents of the USB drive.
f.Tap or click OK when the format is complete.
g.Copy the contents of the recovery image zip file you downloaded to the USB flash drive.
Turn Tablet off by pressing the power button.

a.Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port(using adapter)

b.Press and hold the volume-down (–) rocker.

c.Press and release the power button.

d.When the Asus logo appears, release the volume rocker.

e.Tablet will start the recovery software on the USB recovery drive

Choose Clean your PC
No repartitioning
Remove files

Last edited:

darkz91

Aug 26, 2013
Thanks a lot for this. I've downloaded the file, made my USB disk. When I start the device, however (volume button down until logo, etc) the computer starts with Preparing Automatic Repair and comes up with the blue startup screen. I'm using the USB via the keyboard. Will this also work with a micro SD card without the keyboard attached? Any ideas? Thanks again!

UPDATE - it appears I have a loose connection with the keyboard - when I held it in tight, the correct screen loaded! Thanks :)

by any chance is yours with 8.1 RT? also do you face the ghost finger issue? i've been trying to flash recovery so far no luck

egorblack

Nov 22, 2006
It did not work with SD card for me, so I bought USB adapter.

Image provided by me is with Win 8.0 and it is easy upgradable to Win 8.1(just a couple of hours :) )

Please post here if it was successful or not.

ezrashapiro

Sep 17, 2014
by any chance is yours with 8.1 RT? also do you face the ghost finger issue? i've been trying to flash recovery so far no luck

Yes, with RT, after upgrading to Windows 8.1 everything stopped working. No Ghost finger. Still no success, though. I've tried re-partitioning, manually removing the partitions with diskpart. The reset seems to go well, but the computer just won't turn on to Windows.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

It did not work with SD card for me, so I bought USB adapter.

Image provided by me is with Win 8.0 and it is easy upgradable to Win 8.1(just a couple of hours :) )

Please post here if it was successful or not.

I was able to get the procedure started, but it never completely works. I even tried removing the partitions with diskpart and then letting the installer repartition, but still Windows won't load after the installation finishes. Is there an 8.1 image out there? Does upgrading to 8.1 change something in the firmware?

dilar

Jan 22, 2010
TF600tl recovery

The Recovery rar Apacas has so generously listed seems to be missing drivers for the TF600TL. I still have Broadband access, but not Wifi, sound and there are about 8 others that could prove to be problematic. I have resigned myself to knowing I won't be able to find the drivers after about 6 hours searching... I even found a supposed driver package for the TF600TG, but to my chagrin, every time I try to update drivers, Windows tells me these aren't for my device. Is there some editing to the inf I can do, or is someone kind enough to supply a TF600TL recovery image from a fresh machine? If I could find one on display at a store I'd copy it over and post it myself... but the device is a little too old to be in stores.

Does ANYBODY have a clue as to to where I can either find proper drivers, the necessary edits to the drivers I have, or an install.wim from a TL device? Any help would be much appreciated.

I'll be checking back in about 15 hours. Thanks to all in advance.

Reactions: Murtuoso

dilar

Jan 22, 2010
Fixed!

OK, so I got the apatcas image to work... Turns out, when you make your recovery disk, you then have to replace *every* file with the ones in the zip, not just the install.wim. Look at me, trying to be a smart a$$ and getting myself in trouble. Much thanks to apatcas for the file.

Reactions: Murtuoso

d.flory

Sep 29, 2014
image recovery or drives for asus TF600TL

OK, so I got the apatcas image to work... Turns out, when you make your recovery disk, you then have to replace *every* file with the ones in the zip, not just the install.wim. Look at me, trying to be a smart a$$ and getting myself in trouble. Much thanks to apatcas for the file.

Hi,can you help me with an image recovery for asus TF600TL?I erase all my drive and noe I need an image recovery or maybe drivers for TF600TL,thanks in advance.

10ace

Oct 27, 2014

I know this has been talked about over and over but I can't make the alpacas image work. My TF600 won't boot past an blue screen error message that says there is a problem with my PC. I don't want to send it to ASUS for repair because I am afraid they won't take the time to try to save some very important pics I took just before the os quit booting. Does anyone have time to give me a little more guidance? Many thanks.

dppd

Oct 18, 2014
Athens
some tips concerning TF600TL

I know this has been talked about over and over but I can't make the alpacas image work. My TF600 won't boot past an blue screen error message that says there is a problem with my PC. I don't want to send it to ASUS for repair because I am afraid they won't take the time to try to save some very important pics I took just before the os quit booting. Does anyone have time to give me a little more guidance? Many thanks.

Initially, according to some experiments we 've done here, I would suggest that there is no need for a particular, that is machine speficic recovery drive. If you have patcas compressed file on your hard drive, choose a fresh formatted usb stick that could hold at least 4,5 GB and just unzip the contents inside.

After that shut down you TF600 in any way, that is by force or by software. You may hold the power button continuously until it gets off or you could shutdown by using Windows commands.
While your tablet is powered off, connect your usb stick on the appropriate port and then connect your power supply in the outlet. Hold down the Volume Down button and press the Power button without releasing the former until the ASUS logo shows up.
This method signals immediate USB boot!

Follow the instuctions, choose the appropriate recovery way. If there is a suspicion that the damage is severe then consider asking positively when you 'll be questioned about the hard disk structure. You may choose to reformat the whole drive.

If you choose the latter, make sure that your tablet is connected to an external power supply because the restore process will need approximately an hour to finish.

Complete the installation, sign in with a Microsoft account then install every update that is supplied through the Windows Update, restart check for remaining updates and finally open the Store and command it to install Windows 8.1 upgrade.

By references from the Internet there had been a lot of upgrade errors especially for MS Surface RT users. In our situation (TF600TL, Windows 8 RT) the upgrade was downloaded, did some initial checks and immediately after the initial automatic reboot the system encountered an error showing a blue screen. This was kept going until some automatic recovery tools interfered and finally restored the previous installation (that of apatcas).
Nevertheless we hadn't upgrade to 8.1 since there was an error so we 've decided to make some research onto the upgrade log files. We 've also gathered some information through the Internet. Finally after some additionall research we 've figured out a solution.

There was no need to let the system to automatically reboot Windows after some initial checks during the first stage of the upgrade. We needed to click on the close button and manuall order the system to shut down. After that we powered it on and the upgrade process continued flawlessly.

I hope that these tips will be useful to anyone who is interested on self-restoration.

Last edited:

fenohavana

Jun 5, 2012
Hello. Will it work with vivotab with windows rt 8 for surface and Japanese version?

Sent from my SCL22 using XDA Free mobile app

fenohavana

Jun 5, 2012

The same case for me. when I run the bootrec /scanos command , the result is windows installation found: 0

Please help

fenohavana

Jun 5, 2012
On ASUS VivoTab RT I installed surface Microsoft recovery and 8 drivers are missing...1- Can I install those drivers ?... 2-The full install includes the drivers?...thanks in advance....:)

Hello, how did you do that?

I want to install surface microsoft recovery because I tried every single vivotab recovery but no success

For the drivers, you can extract them from the attached recovery

marven84

May 22, 2010
vittoria
tf600tg NOW WORK!

(sorry for my english, i'm italian)
i've tried to restore the tab with the vivotab.rar (german).... now it works fine but German is the only one language avaible... Now I'm trying to download some other package through windows with Italian or English language... my vivotab is the 3g version... i don't know if 3g works fine for now... i want to fix the language first....

works fine... in the settings menu i've found all the languages avaible for download... now it's full italian... but if i restore it... it'll be german

i'm looking for full image with italian language (8 or 8.1)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the VivoRT recovery files for anyone who wants them.

To get this working you will need to create a recovery drive from Windows RT. It will still create the USB recovery system even if you do not have the recovery partition files on your C drive anymore.

So what you want to do is create the recovery then unzip the files and copy them to the USB replacing the files there.

That's it! You should be able to boot and use the recovery.

http://patcas.tech/share/vivort.zip

Hope that helps. And if it does hit the thanks button.
    Consolidated Guide to Recovery your TF600T!

Hi guys,
    After spending 2 weeks pondering around the Internet and this thread, I've finally figured out how to restore my TF600T.
    I want to summarize what I've learned and hopefully you can benefit from it.

Useful Notes:
    1. You can restore your TF600 even if you forgot to make a recovery image. For this, you'll have to use someone else's image. And fortunately, it's available here.
    2. You may not be able to use TF600TG or other variant's image on TF600T. How'd you check if you're using a proper image? Just try it! If it's improper your device will simply refuse to boot with a certain error code. I spent a week to figure out I was using a wrong image! The tricky part is that you'd still be able to enter recovery mode even with a wrong image!
    3. The USB drive that you want to use for recovery has to have GPT partition, and formatted to FAT32 filesystem. I personally used GParted on Linux for this. How'd you check that you do this properly? Try getting into USB recovery mode. If you can't, probably you messed up.

Different modes:
    1. Normal Mode:
    a. Push power button
    2. USB Recovery Mode:
    a. Plug in a properly partitioned USB drive that has a proper image
    b. Push vol-down button when powering on the device. Hold the vol button down until ASUS logo is shown. Note that if you do this correctly, you'll get to a screen where you select language. If you don't see this, maybe you have problem with your USB drive or the image on it.
    3. Recovery Mode:
    a. You can only go here if you have a proper installed OS
    b. Push power button
    c. Wait until you get to login screen
    d. Press and hold shift, click power button icon, and select restart

(3) is useful if you have a working operating system and also a recovery image specific to it. In this guide, we'll be using (2) to restore the device.

Steps:
    1. Download the image that apatcas generously provided:
    http://www.alexpatcas.com/vivort.rar
    2. Prepare a recovery USB drive
    a. The image from (1) is 4.2GB, so you need at least that much of space
    b. Format and partition your drive as GPT. If you're using Linux, I suggest using GParted. Instruction is as follow:
    i. Open GParted
    ii. Select your USB drive from the dropdown on top right.
    iii. Select "Device" -> "Create partition table" -> "GPT"
    iv. Format the partition to FAT32 filesystem
    c. Extract and paste the image from (1) onto the drive. You should see "boot", "sources", and "efi" directories on the top-level directory.
    3. Prepare partitioning script to be run on your TF600T "USB Recovery Mode"
    i. Save the script below as "X:\recovery.txt", where X is your USB drive
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary size=350
    format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows RE tools"
    assign letter="T"
    set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac"
    gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
    create partition efi size=260
    format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
    assign letter="S"
    create partition msr size=128
    create partition primary
    shrink minimum=3072
    format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
    assign letter="W"
    create partition primary
    format quick fs=ntfs label="Recovery image"
    assign letter="R"
    list volume
    4. Enter "USB Recovery Mode" on your TF600T
    5. Select English, select "Troubleshoot", select "Advanced", and select "Command Prompt"
    6. Type: "diskpart"
    7. On diskpart terminal, type: "list volume".
    8. Remember the letter for your USB drive, on this tutorial, we'll refer to this as "X".
    9. Quit from diskpart terminal by pressing "ctrl+c"
    10. Format and partition your TF600T properly. Type: "diskpart /s X:\recovery.txt" (Note: replace "X" with your USB drive letter)
    11. Flash the image on your USB drive onto your TF600T:
    i. Type: "dism /apply-image /imagefile:X:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:W:"
    (Note: replace "X" with your USB drive letter)
    ii. Grab a cup of coffee or two while waiting.
    12. Fix your TF600T partition table
    i. Type: BOOTREC /FIXMBR
    ii. Type: BOOTREC /FIXBOOT
    iii. Type: BOOTREC /SCANOS
    iv. Type: BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD
    v. Type: bcdboot w:\windows
    13. Exit the command prompt. Type: "exit"
    14. Boot to windows normally! Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any question.

To give credits to the original posters, I'm quoting their original posts:
    Here's the VivoRT recovery files for anyone who wants them.

To get this working you will need to create a recovery drive from Windows RT. It will still create the USB recovery system even if you do not have the recovery partition files on your C drive anymore.

So what you want to do is create the recovery then unzip the files and copy them to the USB replacing the files there.

That's it! You should be able to boot and use the recovery.

http://www.alexpatcas.com/vivort.rar

Hope that helps. And if it does hit the thanks button.

Windows 8.1 to 8 RT downgrade and recovery

Yesterday i was successfully unlock my vivotab rt tf600tl tablet. i got unlock code from att&t company.
    I request code from at&t.
    when i got my unlock code i try to unlock by using windows right hand side panel.
    But i was failed many times. my tab was upgraded to windows RT 8.1, and I uninstalled the AT&T AllAccess before upgrade. but i couldn't install at&t allaccess. then i downgrade my tablet by using my windows rt recovery disk(usb).
    when i try to recover then i got Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.
    then i delete all my partitions and put fresh windows rt installation to my tablet.

these are my steps:if anyone want any help?
    1. Boot up from the recovery USB drive and go to the command prompt (after choosing "Troubleshoot" -> "Advanced options" -> "Cmd line").
    2.at the command prompt, enter the following (note that this will give you a 32 GB Windows partition and a big user data partition; the data partition can be omitted if desired):
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert gpt
    assign letter="T"
    assign letter="S"
    create partition primary
    shrink minimum=3072
    assign letter="W"
    create partition primary
    assign letter="R"
    list volume
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    you can type above commands in notepad and save it as recovery.txt
    Then run it like so: diskpart.exe /s recovery.txt in command prompt.
    you will get full partition tablet

3. Now you should be out of Diskpart but still at the command prompt. Copy the recovery images to the recovery partition. Your recovery USB will probably be drive C, and the images will be several Install.Wim files in the Sources directory. Copy them to drive W. Like this:
    dism /apply-image /imagefile:C:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:W:\

this will get some times to copy your recovery image.
    4. You are still in command prompt then type below command one by one
    BOOTREC /FIXMBR and press Enter.
    BOOTREC /FIXBOOT and press Enter.
    BOOTREC /SCANOS and press Enter.
    BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD and press Enter.

if last command not success then try
    5.Copy the boot files to the System partition:
    bcdboot w:\windows

6.then exit from command prompt (use exit command).

7. At this point, Windows will boot up, but will look funny. You can now do a Reset Your PC without getting the message about a missing partition, and everything will be back to normal!

if any one want my recovery disk(windows rt asus vivotab rt tf600tl) please reply.
    Good luck.
    If anyone has the recovery files for the surface, i can host those too. Just PM me.
    Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.

Windows 8.1 to 8 RT downgrade and recovery

Yesterday i was successfully unlock my vivotab rt tf600tl tablet. i got unlock code from att&t company.
    I request code from at&t.
    when i got my unlock code i try to unlock by using windows right hand side panel.
    But i was failed many times. my tab was upgraded to windows RT 8.1, and I uninstalled the AT&T AllAccess before upgrade. but i couldn't install at&t allaccess. then i downgrade my tablet by using my windows rt recovery disk(usb).
    when i try to recover then i got Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.
    then i delete all my partitions and put fresh windows rt installation to my tablet.

these are my steps:if anyone want any help?
    1. Boot up from the recovery USB drive and go to the command prompt (after choosing "Troubleshoot" -> "Advanced options" -> "Cmd line").
    2.at the command prompt, enter the following (note that this will give you a 32 GB Windows partition and a big user data partition; the data partition can be omitted if desired):
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert gpt
    assign letter="T"
    assign letter="S"
    create partition primary
    shrink minimum=3072
    assign letter="W"
    create partition primary
    assign letter="R"
    list volume
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    you can type above commands in notepad and save it as recovery.txt
    Then run it like so: diskpart.exe /s recovery.txt in command prompt.
    you will get full partition tablet

3. Now you should be out of Diskpart but still at the command prompt. Copy the recovery images to the recovery partition. Your recovery USB will probably be drive C, and the images will be several Install.Wim files in the Sources directory. Copy them to drive W. Like this:
    dism /apply-image /imagefile:C:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /applydir:W:\

this will get some times to copy your recovery image.
    4. You are still in command prompt then type below command one by one
    BOOTREC /FIXMBR and press Enter.
    BOOTREC /FIXBOOT and press Enter.
    BOOTREC /SCANOS and press Enter.
    BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD and press Enter.

if last command not success then try
    5.Copy the boot files to the System partition:
    bcdboot w:\windows

6.then exit from command prompt (use exit command).

7. At this point, Windows will boot up, but will look funny. You can now do a Reset Your PC without getting the message about a missing partition, and everything will be back to normal!

if any one want my recovery disk(windows rt asus vivotab rt tf600tl) please reply.
    Good luck.