• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS570KL Pro] Android Oreo update's problems

Search This thread

pegasusaile

May 29, 2018
Hello,
I don't receive any more OTA updates on my Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS570KL Pro (Z016D) whereas before it was able to download them and to install them.
I contacted the support of Asus compared to this problem. The support, after investigation, indicated to me that it had undergone a modification either by the use of the official tool UnlockTool or by the installation of a bad version of firmware. However, I indicated to them that this telephone was new and no modification had undergone. It managed to receive OTA updates.

As it cannot any more download and install OTA updates, it was advised to me to carry out the updates manually.

I carried out manual updates WW-5.15.44.2588 and WW-5.17.44.68 with success. However, when I wish to carry out update WW-15.0210.1804.47, this one fails and doesn't install.

Could you indicate a procedure to me to install this update and to explain me the reasons for which it doesn't install ?

Moreover, there is it a method to lock the bootloader again on this phone if it was modified as the support of ASUS indicates it?

Anyone else has this problem and found a solution ?

Thanks a lot.

geezazkrays

Dec 16, 2015
you have to lock your bootloader again then try to flash the official firmware from asus website. flash it thru stock recovery on apply update bla bla

OREO flash

Hello,
I don't receive any more OTA updates on my Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS570KL Pro (Z016D) whereas before it was able to download them and to install them.
I contacted the support of Asus compared to this problem. The support, after investigation, indicated to me that it had undergone a modification either by the use of the official tool UnlockTool or by the installation of a bad version of firmware. However, I indicated to them that this telephone was new and no modification had undergone. It managed to receive OTA updates.

As it cannot any more download and install OTA updates, it was advised to me to carry out the updates manually.

I carried out manual updates WW-5.15.44.2588 and WW-5.17.44.68 with success. However, when I wish to carry out update WW-15.0210.1804.47, this one fails and doesn't install.

Could you indicate a procedure to me to install this update and to explain me the reasons for which it doesn't install ?

Moreover, there is it a method to lock the bootloader again on this phone if it was modified as the support of ASUS indicates it?

Anyone else has this problem and found a solution ?

Thanks a lot.

Had the same problem, used ASUS Flash Tool. Info on this Forum, you will have to reflash TWRP if you use it.

Top Liked Posts