• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera APK/Gcam Mod

Search This thread

Onepunchbro

Oct 15, 2017
Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera APK/Gcam Mod.

Anyone with Zenfone 6 please share the compatibility with Gcam 6.1 or 6.2. This phone has near stock android and Sony IMX 586 sensor so i think it will have great gcam support. I wonder if third party camera app will be able to trigger the flip camera, for example shooting selfie with the 48mp camera using gcam.

Updated : 12/06/19 : Asus is sending Zenfone 6 to @Arnova8G2 for development https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-custom-rom-twrp-lineageos/

Arnova release the first gcam for Zenfone 6, supports 48MP HDR+ Enhanced https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-arnova8G2-beta/#apk935

This is a first version of test the next version will be better.
For good use
- clean the app cache
in the settings (Option HDR +)
RAW Format = RAW10
Image Format = YUV_420_888

Last edited:

BykuAllmighty

Dec 21, 2017
I'm a little naive on what the different levels mean. What is the significance of level 2

Theoretically we shouldn't be able to shoot RAW, but from the information i've gathered we can shoot raw in stock camera app. I don't know how's the situation in 3rd party apps.
I'm worried a bit about gcam now. How will it work without full level_3 support.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidUK2016

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
Theoretically we shouldn't be able to shoot RAW, but from the information i've gathered we can shoot raw in stock camera app. I don't know how's the situation in 3rd party apps.
I'm worried a bit about gcam now. How will it work without full level_3 support.

Many phones also have full support instead of level 3 and gcam works fine. Including zenfone 5z.
Without raw support, (sony phone) the gcam will not work.

Reactions: AndroidUK2016

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Dunno much about this stuff but I downloaded the Camera2 API Probe app on my Xiaomi Mix 3 just to see what the results are, and they are the same as the ones in TechTablet's Zenfone 6 video. And GCam works perfectly fine on my Mix 3. So it should work on the Zenfone 6 as well. The question that remains is, will the camera flip when switching to selfie cam in GCam? I haven't seen anyone test GCam on this phone yet.

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
Dunno much about this stuff but I downloaded the Camera2 API Probe app on my Xiaomi Mix 3 just to see what the results are, and they are the same as the ones in TechTablet's Zenfone 6 video. And GCam works perfectly fine on my Mix 3. So it should work on the Zenfone 6 as well. The question that remains is, will the camera flip when switching to selfie cam in GCam? I haven't seen anyone test GCam on this phone yet.

Yeah, that is surprising.
On my zenfone 5z, I'm using this version and it works perfectly.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10w7ZLo6IzOCToB1dlZiSm-aVbxd6YL3T/view?usp=drivesdk
It's based on arnova last 6.2.024 version with aux support. Should work on zenfone 6.

Pipould

Nov 8, 2015

Tested, the camera switch works great but the app is overall laggish and takes no picture

Reactions: jericho246

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
This one might be worse than the previous in the sense that the image hangs after a few seconds :/

Something that happened on zenfone 5z in the past becuase of the buffer lag issue in viewfinder. Did you tried changing image format to yuv instead of jpeg?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190601-223858375_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-223858375_1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 524

Pipould

Nov 8, 2015
I did a lot of tries with unfortunately no luck. Seems the camera is overall inferior to the Mi8 which is somewhat disappointing :/

Top Liked Posts