Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera APK/Gcam Mod

Search This thread

nsn27

Oct 12, 2011
When you click on the gallery icon in the Gcam app, is there a way to make it so that the Asus photo gallery app opens up ?

I don't like using Google photos

DoubleM101

Oct 7, 2011
It was good while on P... Since Q i found no version that worked fine. Most doesn't work at all and the few that works give bad results. Not a good quality, particular at night.

I really hope Asus (or developers?) change something to get rid of that HDR processing problem and developers can give us a version with good image quality.

I'm with you. One of the main reasons i bought this phone was the camera quality and the support from developers and now it seems neither stock app isn't as good as it was and Gcam doesn't "work" anymore.

Gabre

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah it sucks for now. Gcam on Pie is amazing though. Might want to downgrade
It was good while on P... Since Q i found no version that worked fine. Most doesn't work at all and the few that works give bad results. Not a good quality, particular at night.

I really hope Asus (or developers?) change something to get rid of that HDR processing problem and developers can give us a version with good image quality.

I'm with you. One of the main reasons i bought this phone was the camera quality and the support from developers and now it seems neither stock app isn't as good as it was and Gcam doesn't "work" anymore.
Exactly. I am literally completely disappointed with how bad this camera is. Like, I haven't had this since I don't know when.

Stock camera is God damn awfull, disgusting HDR, fine I can turn it off, BUT focusing SUCKS, I cant get sharp photo.

What gcam does and does incredible is prebuffers so you will get a sharp image almost always.

Asus cam sucks. Did I mention. Love the features in camera app,but results are sxit.

Also,that thing flaps around and rattles when putting phone on the table.

Also, double click on volume as a quick load for camera works like once in 10 times

DIXES

Nov 22, 2010
Any news on any possible updates?

Or where is that link to downgrade to 9

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...US_I01WD-ASUS-18.1220.1909.194-1.1.1-user.zip

Version Android Q downgrade to Android P

ASUS ZenFone 6 ZS630KL Software downgrade from WW-17.1810.1910.63 (Android Q) to target Image Version: WW-16.1220.1909.194 (Android P) by using MicroSD card for WW SKU only* Please follow step 6 and ensure to backup data before downgrade.
Steps of Update:
1. Prepare a MicroSD card.
2. Check software version of your device**
3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW, ID->ID.
4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU.
5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
6. How to manual update firmware please refer to
https://www.asus.com/tw/support/FAQ/1039929

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-6-ZS630KL/HelpDesk_Download/

Reactions: nsn27

oneplus+

Sep 30, 2015
zenfone 6 gcam bad performance / Night Shot

UNI_CAM_v1.2a_P.apk
Urnyx05: GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v1.9.apk
VS
OLD Snap Cam v8.9.0

Attachments

• Gcam.jpg
    Gcam.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 827
  • Snap.jpg
    Snap.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 825

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
When you click on the gallery icon in the Gcam app, is there a way to make it so that the Asus photo gallery app opens up ?
i have problems with my ZS630KL and GCam...
ie. when pressing "Gallery" icon inside Gcam,
the Gallery app force-closes on me.

i have tried several different GCam versions, ie.
- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.7.3
- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone