• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Asus ZenFone 7 Pro ZS671KS | Files | Unlock | Relock | Unbrick | ROMs

Search This thread

XQ55

Jun 27, 2007
Kuwait
XQ55.com

Attachments

• UnlockTool_9.3.0.0_200820_fulldpi_ZS670KS.apk
    779.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

@XQ55 Download links have been removed that link to file hosts, which require a registration and/or are paid downloads!

XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.

• Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

round2

Oct 16, 2018
The 7 pro and 6 are the ONLY phones I have had the experience of saying they do NOT need to be rooted..
It will record phone calls. It will come straight out the box with the least amount of bloat I ever seen. Also once Its bootunlocked I hear that some things will stop working like google pay. Its also a gamble to root cause its very new. I havent found a reason to root it.. The phone is a beast and really is super clean in and out.. I surely hope I can figure out WHY is not getting 4g and 5G on ATT

dogoku

Feb 19, 2009
London
Can someone confirm if I unlock the bootloader (only to install TWRP for emergencies) will I lose OTA updates?

Because that's what I understand from the warning in the unlocked apk.

Thank you

jide1

Oct 30, 2015
kharkiv
Can someone confirm if I unlock the bootloader (only to install TWRP for emergencies) will I lose OTA updates?

Because that's what I understand from the warning in the unlocked apk.

Thank you
From experience with Asus devices , you will loose Ota updates if you unlock with official tool. What happens generally is that the serial number of the device is sent to Asus servers through the tool to stop sending updates , only manually. You can unlock unofficially if there's the possibility.

zenfone-user

Feb 5, 2021
I unlocked the bootloader using the unlock tool from Asus and it works (@dogoku I did lose OTA updates, but manual updates work), but now I want to relock it. I tried "fastboot oem asus-back" but it returns the error (along with any other fastboot command I tried):

FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed

What could be causing that error?

jide1

Oct 30, 2015
kharkiv
I unlocked the bootloader using the unlock tool from Asus and it works (@dogoku I did lose OTA updates, but manual updates work), but now I want to relock it. I tried "fastboot oem asus-back" but it returns the error (along with any other fastboot command I tried):

FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed

What could be causing that error?
I don't use this device ,but from experience with asus devices , u can flash with a service/fastboot firmware and bootloader will be locked back , but you've lost ota updates for good.

zenfone-user

Feb 5, 2021
The original post to relock is a text file with the command "fastboot oem asus-back" which is what I tried (and have seen elsewhere on the internet for the Zenfone 7), but it gave the error in my first post.

sutur

Apr 5, 2009
I keep getting this error: "failed to unlock your device, please try again later".
Factory reset over and over, serial is in settings, brand new phone out of the box today. I added a google account after factory reset, nothing, I gave it Asus account after factory reset, same error.
What can I do? Should I do the firmware/software update?

sutur

Apr 5, 2009
I
I keep getting this error: "failed to unlock your device, please try again later".
Factory reset over and over, serial is in settings, brand new phone out of the box today. I added a google account after factory reset, nothing, I gave it Asus account after factory reset, same error.
What can I do? Should I do the firmware/software update?

For anyone reading this, wondering why there isn't a more descriptive error:
Unlocking your bootloader on this model goes against what a lot of us have learnt over the years. The general rule of thumb is never to update before unlocking, as the procedure for unlocking is specific to a certain release, and manufacturers frequently remove the ability to unlock in later releases.
Why they do this is obvious, they don't actually know what people will do with their hardware given the appropriate power to do so.
In the case of this phone, you do have to do the firmware update before the current unlock tool will work, as at the time of writing.
You don't need a Google or Asus account or any other crap.
Hope this helps someone else.

Reactions: Seosam

Joeb2000

Feb 23, 2009
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
wheres tutorial to unbrick?

How bricked are you talking?

I answered a similar question in Q&A, the second post. That is if you can only boot into fastboot mode. but it also works if you are stuck in a bootloop or any other software issue.

If you can't even power the phone on, you will need to use a hair dryer or heat gun to remove the back and then disconnect the battery, then plug in a usb cable to see if the device still powers on. if it does unplug it and reconnect the battery. then try powering it on again.

If you unplug the battery and plug in a usb cable and it still does nothing, then it is completely bricked and probably beyond the technical expertise an average person is willing to put in to attempt to fix.

Reactions: zedogas

zedogas

Feb 13, 2021
Help a lot! zf7 bricked in fastboot... 🙌👏👏

Top Liked Posts