• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Asus Zenfone 8 Screen protector?

Search This thread

azter007

Sep 24, 2021
Hi everyone,

I just bought a RhinoShield impact protection for my zenfone 8. However, as far as I know, all devices or most of the flagship Android devices now have a "pre-installed" plastic screen protector. Now, I'm trying to scratch off mine to remove it before I put my impact protection however I can't seem to see that there's one. I'm afraid that there's none and scratch the main screen itself.

Can anyone confirm if there's a "pre-installed" plastic screen protector for our Zenfone 8 devices before I put my sharp knife and tools to try and remove it.

funstorm

Jul 13, 2021
Just wanted to add that you should brace yourself for pretty awful performance of the fingerprint scanner after installing the screen protector. I basically had to stop using it. I really miss the times of fingerprint scanners on power buttons :(

Reactions: Josipeen

daniel91m

Sep 27, 2021
It is foil, not glass, so the fingerprint sensor may be working properly. I would like to have a glass that does not affect the sensitivity of the sensor ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone confirm if there's a "pre-installed" plastic screen protector for our Zenfone 8 devices before I put my sharp knife and tools to try and remove it.
    No, there isn't.
    Just wanted to add that you should brace yourself for pretty awful performance of the fingerprint scanner after installing the screen protector. I basically had to stop using it. I really miss the times of fingerprint scanners on power buttons :(