• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 fastboot mode says 'press power key to shutdown' after plugging in.

Search This thread

RikSantra1119

Feb 28, 2021
I was trying to unlock my phone's (Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2) bootloader using Unlock Batch using the guide here. When I booted into fastboot everything was fine but when I connected using USB and ran fastboot devices using my laptop, the phone's screen turned into a black screen saying 'press power key to shutdown' and fastboot identified the device as '????????'.

I have the usb drivers installed (both universal and asus's official) and have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no progress. If the phone is booted, adb is able to detect the device normally.

• Sad
Reactions: NobinPegasus

NobinPegasus

Sep 13, 2021
I was trying to unlock my phone's (Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2) bootloader using Unlock Batch using the guide here. When I booted into fastboot everything was fine but when I connected using USB and ran fastboot devices using my laptop, the phone's screen turned into a black screen saying 'press power key to shutdown' and fastboot identified the device as '????????'.

I have the usb drivers installed (both universal and asus's official) and have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no progress. If the phone is booted, adb is able to detect the device normally.
I have the same problem..