Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
It's not showing the weather...
Just reads for eg, 'Sunday, 22 Dec'

Isn't it followed by the temperature?

Thanks

Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
check the google app. goto settings/notifications and then current weather. my was the same as yours and i changed something but don't remember exactly what so that might have been it. :confused:
Thanks.

But didn't work.
If you could remember the exact steps you took, that'd be of great help.

Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks a lot guys

OT but
But does anyone know a way to lock screen ( like by double tap) without the power button and without any launcher or rooting.

Thanks

Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
* just so everyone knows, the original problem has not been solved yet.

No weather in At a glance.

It sucks

JoeSchmoe007

Mar 4, 2011

It sucks

You are not alone. I started having the same problem (occasionally) since the latest system update (December 5, 2019). Plus apps no longer auto-update (never), even when I am on Wi-Fi. None of that was an issue prior to mentioned update.

For weather not showing I suspect app gets "power-optimized".

For app auto-update not working - there are multiple reports for that over the past year for Pixel and other phones with no clear solution. I tried clearing Storage and Cache for Google Play Services but it didn't help.

dkryder

Sep 26, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 5a

It sucks

just checking that you have given google app location permission and location is on.
another thing is i'm also using nova launcher in a very minimal way but that might have something to do with it.
i discovered by searching that it's a pretty common issue. but if it's something you want and you can have it by using a different launcher try out a different launcher for a week, maybe. good luck in finding a solution.

Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
You are not alone. I started having the same problem (occasionally) since the latest system update (December 5, 2019). Plus apps no longer auto-update (never), even when I am on Wi-Fi. None of that was an issue prior to mentioned update.

For weather not showing I suspect app gets "power-optimized".

For app auto-update not working - there are multiple reports for that over the past year for Pixel and other phones with no clear solution. I tried clearing Storage and Cache for Google Play Services but it didn't help.

just checking that you have given google app location permission and location is on.
another thing is i'm also using nova launcher in a very minimal way but that might have something to do with it.
i discovered by searching that it's a pretty common issue. but if it's something you want and you can have it by using a different launcher try out a different launcher for a week, maybe. good luck in finding a solution.
I found the solution. I'm on basic phone launcher ( no launcher installed or rooting done).

Just enable location on and go to your Google account and turn location history on.
Then restart with location turned on.
It's there now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191226-105134.jpg
    Screenshot_20191226-105134.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 306
Reactions: b0li

Doc-O

Feb 27, 2020
Found sort of a solution

It isn't the best solution, but it works (at least for me it does). I found that if I put another at a glace widget on another screen (so there are 2 now, one on my home screen, one on another), it works and shows weather on both. If I remove it, the weather goes away again.. Hoping this is some sort of clue to get this fixed permanently.

Reactions: JoeSchmoe007

Top Liked Posts