• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

At&t 1.58.502.1 Bootable RUU - No PC required - Mac friendly

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Here it is for everyone who has been asking for it! At&t bootable 1.58.502.1 RUU! No PC needed. This is for everyone who is having trouble with the ruu restore exe or using a mac or linux or other machine.

First off, I am NOT responsible for any thing that happens to your phone. As long as you follow instructions you should be fine, but again I am not responsible if you hard brick or anything else for that matter. If you are not comfortable with this procedure or have any questions, please ask first and not after you have destroyed your phone.

-Requirements-

1. Storage: Micro SD card required. I have heard you can use external storage for this but I have NOT confirmed this myself and do not recommend it. I have my Micro SD formatted with FAT, Not exFAT. I wouldn't think this would matter, but I have NOT verified it working from exFAT or any other format. I also recommend a descent brand sdcard as this is when you do NOT want it to fail. Your Chevron sdcard may not be the best idea.
***update*** External storage and exFAT said to be working by users in this thread.

2. CID: I have verified this restore properly working with at&t cid "CWS__001" and super cid "11111111" NO OTHER CID WILL WORK! This is ONLY for the At&t HTC One M8, NO other variant is supported.

3. Bootloader/Soff: I have my boot loader unlocked and my phone is soff, the process works perfect and does not relock boot loader nor put security back on. Since this is the non modified version of the official HTC ruu, it may work with s-on and or boot loader locked, but I have NOT tried it and do not recommend it to anyone as it has not been verified to work and I don't want any bricks out there.
***update*** s-on, said to be working by users in this thread, but you must relock your boot loader first.

4. Current firmware: I have confirmed this ruu working when coming from current 1.58.502.1 and from 2.12.401.3. I have NOT tried this coming from an Google play edition conversion.

-Instuctions-

1. Plug your phone in so there is no chance of it dying.

2. Back up anything that you need. This is an RUU and will completely wipe your phone like new. Everything will be gone including apps, contacts, pictures, music, text, recovery, etc… Again this will WIPE your phone. This will not wipe the Ext sd card.

3. Download the file that I have uploaded to Android File Hosting and verify md5 after downloading to make sure you do not have corrupt file. I have downloaded it myself and restored again just to make sure upload process went well. Again, verify your file. If you do not know how to check md5 simply google it. Please do not ask questions like this in this thread.

4. Simply move the "0p6bimg.zip" to the ROOT of your EXT micro sd card.

5. Boot to your boot loader. There are many ways to get to your boot loader. A lot of custom roms have it built into the restart menu. If you have usb debugging enabled its just "adb reboot bootloader" If you can't get there with one of these methods, simply make sure phone is on, hold vol up and power for 11 seconds until screen shuts off, let go and hold vol down and power until boot loader comes up. "about 4 seconds"

6. Click HBOOT in your boot loader. Your phone will automatically scan the file and ask if you want to update. Hit vol up for yes or vol down for no.

7. Phone will begin RUU restore. You can watch what it does on the screen as it will go through a list and bypasses are normal. It will reboot boot loader and you can watch progress bars in the top right corner. It goes through a TON of them so do NOT turn off phone for any reason and let it finish. The process takes about 15 minutes give or take. Once it is done, it will say complete, press power to reboot. Again do not power off phone or even touch it for that matter during this process.

Enjoy! This is a great file to keep on your phone in case you need a restore on the run or anything. If anyone tries any of the methods that I have said have not been verified and have success such as coming back from google play edition, locked boot loader, s-on, please let me know if they worked and I will change this post. Again I do NOT recommend these!

Please click my thanks button if this has helped you out. Thanks to Android File Host for hosting it too.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567713700

Last edited:

cabsnow

Aug 10, 2010
Attempting this now... will edit in an update. Thx

Worked like a charm. I'll edit in any issues i find.

EDIT: Only issue i'm having is that I can't update Google apps or ATT apps.

Reflashing stock recovery seemed to fix the issue for me.

Last edited:

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Attempting this now... will edit in an update. Thx

Worked like a charm. I'll edit in any issues i find.

EDIT: Only issue i'm having is that I can't update Google apps or ATT apps.

Reflashing stock recovery seemed to fix the issue for me.
That's just Google play services being outdated. Reboot usually fixes that with any Rom. Recovery has nothing to do with installing apps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

cabsnow

Aug 10, 2010
I tried rebooting, clearing data and cache and the wifi off on method. None of them worked. After about 10 attempts I tried to boot into recovery to wipe cache but it failed. So I loaded stock recovery back on.

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
You are mistaken. Please check again and edit your post. It's a shame that I spent a good bit of my time getting this up for everyone and the first few posts read that someone whom has 4 posts can't update their apps and somehow think flashing recovery can make a difference and you say it is a Verizon ruu. This is just the Rom.zip stripped from the official AT&T ruu. Nothing has been altered. You have your files mixed up.

I will gladly edit my post as i have mistaken it with the verizon rom.zip. They are both named the same. Next time dont take your frustration out on me, be a bit more polite about it

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
if i patched my current hboot to disguise "Tampered" and "Relocked" should i reverse it before flashing this? I cannot find the post anywhere, but i recall reading on one or more threads that this was a requirement to flash a new firmware. By the way, i have an at&t M8, bootloader unlocked, s-off with a CWS__001 CID. thanks in advance for replies to my question.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
if i patched my current hboot to disguise "Tampered" and "Relocked" should i reverse it before flashing this? I cannot find the post anywhere, but i recall reading on one or more threads that this was a requirement to flash a new firmware. By the way, i have an at&t M8, bootloader unlocked, s-off with a CWS__001 CID. thanks in advance for replies to my question.
This will overwrite it and put stock hboot back on. No need to change it before.

joshzdad2013

Dec 12, 2013
Post Falls
Just blew out a complete restore with this, worked flawlessly. Also installed towelroot by geohot to root it. Then installed Rom installer from play store. Then installed the latest philztouch recovery .img with the Rom Installer program. Boom!!! All from my phone external sd! Awesome!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bkeaver

Dec 10, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
first off I want to thank the OP for this. I was updating (or rather reverting back) to stock with the RUU from the HTC site. When it got to step 2/7 at 66% I lost power and poof.. after this all I could do was get to bootloader and fastboot. Being that I could get to those I knew that I wasn't hard bricked...yet... whew. I tried re-running that RUU but no luck. I then went into fast boot and flashed a rcovery image and then booted into recovery and tried to restore a nand backup.. No go on that. So finally I downloaded this and put on the root of my external card and this worked...

THANK YOU!!!:good::good:

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
first off I want to thank the OP for this. I was updating (or rather reverting back) to stock with the RUU from the HTC site. When it got to step 2/7 at 66% I lost power and poof.. after this all I could do was get to bootloader and fastboot. Being that I could get to those I knew that I wasn't hard bricked...yet... whew. I tried re-running that RUU but no luck. I then went into fast boot and flashed a rcovery image and then booted into recovery and tried to restore a nand backup.. No go on that. So finally I downloaded this and put on the root of my external card and this worked...

THANK YOU!!!:good::good:
I'm glad it helped you out

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone