AT&T 8925/Tilt will have Blackberry Connect

Search This thread

sherpa

Jul 29, 2004
USA

edsub

Retired Moderator
May 25, 2004
Gr8 to see that my next phone also supports Blackberry Connect. I am using it on my Wizard for some months and id rather not live without it.
Basically BBC has similar functionality as WM Push-email. BBC is of most use when your company has chosen for Blackberry instead of MS Exchange push technology.
Im wondering what the advantages of BBC 4 are as compared to the old version 2 (afaik there is no BBC version 3)

matt sb

Sep 3, 2007
I'd be interested in hearing if people have an opinion of a BB server vs. Goodlink on this device. My company has both. Thanks

rs8841

Sep 7, 2007
BB Connect vs GoodLink on Kaiser

I'd be interested in hearing if people have an opinion of a BB server vs. Goodlink on this device. My company has both. Thanks

I am using GoodLink on my kaiser and it is HORRIBLE!! For the past few ROMs, GoodLink has all but crippled my device when i am composing or replying-to a message. It is real jerky when typing and sometimes the device briefly locks up.

I have been told that Version 5 of GoodLink works better on WM6 & this device but I can't get my hands on it because it has not been certified in our production environment. (The lab guys use Exchange Push and i am trying to get my mailbox moved there.)

I am about to pull down BB Connect and give it a go until I can get on the Exchange Push servers. The drawback to BB Connect is that only Mail & Calendar are sync'd wirelessly. Notes, Contacts, Tasks have to be sync'd manually though the BB Desktop Mgr.

ekerbuddyeker

im waititng for my kaiser. I have been a longtime user of Goodlink on Palm treos- i think Goodlink is significantly better than any other mail app out there. I contacted Good regarding support for WM6 and Kaiser. they said that Good 5 supports WM6 but the kaiser is not listed as a supported device (yet?).

After my experiences of Good on a WM Treo750 (disasterous) i will stick with the WM mail / contacts apps for now.

Q for the person who put good on his / her kaiser: did contacts searching etc still work properly?

jvloyola

Mar 6, 2006
Guadalajara
BB4 syncs contacts tasks 7 notes

Hello I would be interesyed in hearing if the BB connect version from for the tilt works on the HTC branded kaiser.

I have headr that with blackberry connect 4 you can now sync email,calendar,contacts, and tasks wirelessly AND use the MDS service even for the pocket explorer, google maps, etc.

Since I couldn't get bbc to work on my universal, if this works on the kaiser I will give it a go... I certainly would drop my 8800 blackberry for the kaiser.

thanks

Vinny

matt sb

Sep 3, 2007
I have now installed Good on the Kaiser and it worked perfectly. Exactly like on the Hermes. We are running v4.9.3.21_EN

jvloyola

Mar 6, 2006
Guadalajara
BB 4 advantages

Gr8 to see that my next phone also supports Blackberry Connect. I am using it on my Wizard for some months and id rather not live without it.
Basically BBC has similar functionality as WM Push-email. BBC is of most use when your company has chosen for Blackberry instead of MS Exchange push technology.
Im wondering what the advantages of BBC 4 are as compared to the old version 2 (afaik there is no BBC version 3)

One of the nices things about BB 4 is that now you can connect to the internet through the MDS service, without having to disconnect from the blackberry connection to go to your ISP connection. It also supports wireless activation as well as better security policies among other things.

Ha one of the lucky kaiser owners actually tested this? I would like to know if this will also work on the HTC branded Kaiser or just on the AT&T Tilt.

thanks!!

Vinny

tkao2025

Aug 7, 2006
Can someone educate me on the difference between Blackberry Enterprise Service and Activesync? Why would one choose the BES over Activesync. I believe they both are push email services with syncing of calendar, contacts, and notes as well. What are the benefits or are they exactly the same except for personal preferences?

dicin

Dec 17, 2006
I have just installed it on the HTC TyTN II. I am using FIDO in Canada which uses BB Connect and it works very well.

Thanks,

matt sb

Sep 3, 2007
my company uses Good and a BB server. I got BBC to install on the Tytn II but I switched back to Good within a few days. BBC on a Pocket PC is not great. It slows the device down terribly. Also Good synched much faster. The attachment handling is bad and very limiting. I think Good 5.0 due out this month should be even better. Just my 2 cents.

jvloyola

Mar 6, 2006
Guadalajara
Hello I've installed the BB Connect software and got a pin, I also get connection to the network and a IP Address, but whenever I try to activate i get errors, if I do it via USB I get a success message but my BBC destop says PIN unknown, the I tried to do a wireless activation ang got a an error saying that I should contact my administrator.

Can this have something to do with the Enterprise server? supposedly my company doesn't support BBC devices, is there a way they can know this is not a BB?

I'm in MExico using Telcel carrier.

Thanks!!

Mattie Boy

May 26, 2006
Works for me too

Tytn 2 (from orange uk - on orange uk) running bbconnect 4.0.84 against my works bes

used the desktop config tool once installed (unconnected to pc - see below) and all fine

*note
If you install bbconnect when attached to your pc it hangs and doesn't install properly so you have to remove / reinstall

golfer_boy

Nov 5, 2006
Installed BB Connect yesterday on an AT&T Tilt. Account is on the company BES server. Working well so far.

WonkotheSane

Oct 25, 2007
Hello I've installed the BB Connect software and got a pin, I also get connection to the network and a IP Address, but whenever I try to activate i get errors, if I do it via USB I get a success message but my BBC destop says PIN unknown, the I tried to do a wireless activation ang got a an error saying that I should contact my administrator.

Can this have something to do with the Enterprise server? supposedly my company doesn't support BBC devices, is there a way they can know this is not a BB?

I'm in MExico using Telcel carrier.

Thanks!!

This sounds like the problem I had. It's related to the policies on your company's BES. I found the solution in the RIM knowledgebase:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/sear...Public&dialogID=31123659&stateId=0 0 31125133

Unfortunately, it requires action by a BES admin. I hope you can sweet talk an admin into doing it.

jbcross

Jun 21, 2006
NorthWesten PA
Wifi?

Can any of you using this confirm if it works or not via wifi?? Can you sync with the bes or bis with out a data connection only using wifi???
Thanks.
Jeff