AT&T Alpha Lollipop update borked my phone...

Search This thread

rcglextacy

Nov 4, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Hello, I've had my Alpha for about a month now. Got it for a great deal thru AT&T. It's been working fine... until it got the 5.0.2 Lollipop update. UGH. now its freaking out and half the functions dont seem to be working correctly, The phone app locks up, the lockscreen freezes and displays a black bar at the top, youtube videos crash the phone, and part of my touchscreen stopped responding! Please note NOTHING was wrong with the phone until after this update. the phone has never been dropped or been near water. Any ideas on how to fix this, or do I need to get ATT to replace the phone? it's brand new... i dont want a refurb and thats probably what they're gonna try to stick me with so I'd rather try and fix it. I've already performed a master reset, did absolutely nothing.

Please try to factory reset, but you will lose all of the data (before copying all the necessary information).

Turn off the phone. Then press the buttons: volume+ + home + power for about 8 seconds. You will be in recovery mode.
Then, use the volume+ and volume- select "wipe data/factory reset" and press the power button, and then select Yes and power again.
Then you also do the same for "wipe cache partition".
Then "reboot system now".