AT&T Android Pie Update

Search This thread

AlexBodewig

Jul 16, 2012
What security patch level date is this update?? :good:

It's the July 5th patch, according to the AT&T website. I'd also have to wonder if part of the reason the AT&T release was so heavily delayed is so they could fix the aptX and Wi-Fi problems that the global release has, among other things.

jonchance_84

Aug 2, 2009
East Texas
Razer Phone 2
I've been on global for a while. The only way I know to get the zip itself, would be to flash the att firmware from Razer's site for Oreo, then run a capture log to find the URL of the zip ota that the system uses to update. I did it before to get the second Oreo release for att branded devices, when trying to patch it's boot.img for root purposes.

Reactions: AlexBodewig

JDBarlow

Aug 27, 2010
White Oak, TX
I've been on global for a while. The only way I know to get the zip itself, would be to flash the att firmware from Razer's site for Oreo, then run a capture log to find the URL of the zip ota that the system uses to update. I did it before to get the second Oreo release for att branded devices, when trying to patch it's boot.img for root purposes.
I've done just that. I've got the link and it works or it did for me
I'm about to install now..
https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../2965f0fadb65852413dba10a4fed1029ecce838f.zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190811-174929.png
    Screenshot_20190811-174929.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 175

herb9876

Dec 9, 2016
Thanks JD I was looking everywhere for the ATT factory image for Pie. I patched the unlocked boot.img using ATT Razer phone 2 and that caused a problem .

I used a payload extractor with python to grab my boot.img from your download. If anyone needs the pie boot.img patched and or not patched let me know ....

JDBarlow

Aug 27, 2010
White Oak, TX
Thanks JD I was looking everywhere for the ATT factory image for Pie. I patched the unlocked boot.img using ATT Razer phone 2 and that caused a problem .

I used a payload extractor with python to grab my boot.img from your download. If anyone needs the pie boot.img patched and or not patched let me know ....
Nice I'm glad it helped!!

kountry83

Mar 5, 2011
Baytown
@JDBarlow
Hey bud would you want to look for the DRM files in my prototype. I got the partitions backed up from my prototype. I have no idea where the DRM keys are stored. My bootloader though is a development bootloader though. I don't know if that makes a difference.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

[/COLOR @JDBarlow
Hey bud would you want to look for the DRM files in my prototype. I got the partitions backed up from my prototype. I have no idea where the DRM keys are stored. My bootloader though is a development bootloader though. I don't know if that makes a difference.

jonchance_84

Aug 2, 2009
East Texas
Razer Phone 2

Can you post it please? Thinking of going back to att stock, having this would save me some time and wanna test some stuff.

Reactions: JDBarlow

jonchance_84

Aug 2, 2009
East Texas
Razer Phone 2
Currently on Global PIE 9 MR1 (P-MR1-RC003-RZR-190305.3110).

Just switched carriers from T-Mobile to AT&T. Everything seems to work but WiFi calling.

Does WiFi calling work with the AT&T version of PIE 9?

Also do I just flashboot your images to achieve AT&T PIE 9?

Thanks,
RJR
Spent an hour or two on a chat with att on this when I first got the phone. Their site has it listed on their phones that support it, but they verified it does not work on their network. Only iPhones and Samsung crap works with WiFi calling.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone