• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

AT&T Capture OTA Update URL for Android 11

Search This thread

rmx2x3

Aug 3, 2017
I've read you should be in the USA and have an ATT sim card on your phone to receive the updates.
I couldn't update my phone, I'm in Uruguay. :cautious::(
Really sad that we couldn't receive any update overseas. I'm just wondering if we flash other V60 models' rom from local model, would that be work? I mean the all specs were the same, so maybe it works.

wilmer2000

Aug 29, 2008
Montevideo
LG V30S
LG V60 ThinQ
Really sad that we couldn't receive any update overseas. I'm just wondering if we flash other V60 models' rom from local model, would that be work? I mean the all specs were the same, so maybe it works.
Is possible, but is very difficult to do that, I mean, we need to be root but this variant hasn't root yet, also, I think ATT won't like to allow us to do that. So, just we need to wait for a possible solution here or change your phone. I put my LG v60 to sold here in Uruguay.

Reduce_

Oct 29, 2016
Hey guys,
I actually have an LG v60 still on Android 10 (V600AM10v) and I don't think there's a real easy way to get the URL or update out. In order to update to the newest version, you first have to update through a lot of the other old versions- so if you're on AM10t, for example, you'll have to update through a few other middle ones in order for it to work. I was initially on g and to get to v, I had already installed three updates.
The OTA Link update app doesn't work- it's based off the Android updating method and always detects no updates (even when clearing data/cache) while the software updater in settings works fine. The AT&T updater uses some LGDMClientATT for updating which is different. The logcat method doesn't seem to expose the actual URL which it's downloading from, but I did find this:
5057 D LGDMClientATT: [DmUtil.java] [convertPkgNameToSWVersion()] : [1069] : Package Name : V600AM10t-V600AM10v.up
5057 D LGDMClientATT: [DmUtil.java] [convertPkgNameToSWVersion()] : [1082] : Ugrade swVersion : V600AM10v.up
So it seems there's many package versions between updates in a ".up" extension format.
The only URL I can see is org.openmobilealliance.dm.firmwareupdate.userrequest and a few FUMO Replace Command URI : ./FUMO/FUMO-1/DownloadAndUpdate/PkgURL.
I get no results when searching for ".zip" or any other URLs.

Reactions: wilmer2000

JigsawMobile

Jan 28, 2019
LG V60 ThinQ
Hey guys,
I actually have an LG v60 still on Android 10 (V600AM10v) and I don't think there's a real easy way to get the URL or update out. In order to update to the newest version, you first have to update through a lot of the other old versions- so if you're on AM10t, for example, you'll have to update through a few other middle ones in order for it to work. I was initially on g and to get to v, I had already installed three updates.
The OTA Link update app doesn't work- it's based off the Android updating method and always detects no updates (even when clearing data/cache) while the software updater in settings works fine. The AT&T updater uses some LGDMClientATT for updating which is different. The logcat method doesn't seem to expose the actual URL which it's downloading from, but I did find this:
5057 D LGDMClientATT: [DmUtil.java] [convertPkgNameToSWVersion()] : [1069] : Package Name : V600AM10t-V600AM10v.up
5057 D LGDMClientATT: [DmUtil.java] [convertPkgNameToSWVersion()] : [1082] : Ugrade swVersion : V600AM10v.up
So it seems there's many package versions between updates in a ".up" extension format.
The only URL I can see is org.openmobilealliance.dm.firmwareupdate.userrequest and a few FUMO Replace Command URI : ./FUMO/FUMO-1/DownloadAndUpdate/PkgURL.
Logchat was maked while trying download update ? If yes can you send Logchat?

Reactions: wilmer2000

Reduce_

Oct 29, 2016
Ok, I pmed you with the logchat attached for the OTA from t to v- would rather not include it publicly in case it includes any ip/sensitive data. Unfortunately, my phone auto-updated from Android 10-11 and I wasn't able to capture that specific update.
Also, if anyone's in the US and using a different carrier but wants to update, just buy a prepaid sim from an AT&T compatible carrier (not cricket). I used Tracfone but RedRocket should work as well. It's so much easier and only costs about $15 dollars. Just pop the sim in, activate sim, reboot, clear cache, move date forward (if you checked for updates recently), and check again. Should auto update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    Hey guys,
    Im in the process of doing that. will get a sim from At&t in a few days and follow the guide you provide.
    We all know that users who own AT6T devices are not able to receive OTA updates if they are not part of the AT&T network or are outside the US.

Can someone who uses AT&T capture OTA update url link for Android 11, so that we who are unable to receive OTA updates can manually upgrade our devices ?

Also you can use this "OTA Link" app for capture url,
    Edit: to working app properly you need first Clear Google Play Services

I think it would be very useful for the whole community who does not use AT&T services.
    Oh man... eagerly waiting for this...still stuck on April 2020 update 🙏
    I will send my gratitude beforehand as I am also waiting:)
    I need help. There is an update. The phone is downloading over wifi. I can't cancel or pause the update. I'm following the guide and I can't fine any zip or ota file. Installed the app and is not showing any link to copy. I don't know how to cancel the update and start from zero. I only manage to turn off wifi to avoid finish the download