AT&T H810 Back to Stock Guide (TOT Method)

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Use this at your OWN RISK! No responsible for anything you do to your phone.

2015 (updated with pictures) TOT Method!
RETURN TO STOCK TOT METHOD for AT&T H810 !!

How to Flash YouTube Video:

1. Download Everything!
1.1) Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Download HERE & DLL File HERE
1.2) Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
1.3) Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here
1.4) Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

Install:
2. Install LG Drviers
3. Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)
4. Extract the TOT file from the Zip
5. Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6. Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)
7. Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8. Open up Device Manger on your PC
8.1) Click on ports and double click LGEModem
8.2) Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced
8.3) Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.
8.4) After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.
1.JPG

2.JPG

9. Run LG Flashtool as Administrator
10. Select Manual Mode at the top
11. Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device
12. Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.
3.JPG

13. Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered
4.JPG

14. You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

15. Should take anywhere between 4-8 Minutes, When its done your phone should reboot

16. LG G3 Only, After reboot you will be presented with a Factory reset screen, Just pull battery and put it back in and it should boot right up!
Do NOT Close the FlashTool Window during firmware update.

99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe :)

File provided in thanks to an anonymous donate .

Feel Free to support me by helping with Server Costs and Coffee if you feel my work has helped you :) Thank you!

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Just a little info on the upgrade/downgrade ordeal: Thanks to @autoprime

Ok... alrighty... so.. AT&T H810 10O is "V2"

H810 10A was V0. then there was 10E and 10G which were V1.
I saw mention of a 10l but I have no idea about that at all. could be V1.. or could be V2. haven't seen the files for that. anyway.. doesn't matter. forget about 10l :)
H810PR KDZ's were all V1.

basically unless you are on 10A and holding out for a bootloader exploit on V0... this TOT is completely safe to use regardless of what current version you are on. For example, you could be on 10g (V1) and still flash this TOT safely.. it would just increase the qfuse from V1 to V2.

V2 is no more locked down than V1... so there's no worry about losing your current v1 and no need to stay on 10E or 10G. 10A V0 is the only version worth holding onto.

Of course "V3" may come with android M... but too early to say one way or another on that. if M is indeed V3.. then anyone that upgraded to M could no longer flash this TOT. Hopefully the USA carriers knock it off with increasing the qfuse versions tho and it stops at v2. I will edit the previous sentence after Android 6.0 M comes out for H810 to confirm.

H810PR info: If there is an AT&T user who previously flashed H810PR KDZ to unbrick.. they should be safe flashing this 10o TOT if they want to get back into AT&T land.. hopefully fixing their green camera issue. H810PR users who have an original H810PR (not a converted att h810) should NOT use this TOT as it will increase your qfuse from V1 to V2 and you'll be stuck with AT&T software... plus there's just no point in using it since H810PR has official KDZs.

so.. summary. 10o is v2. everyone on an AT&T H810 can flash this safely without fear of bricking.. as there is no higher qfuse version yet. AT&T H810 users who "converted" to H810PR can safely flash the TOT. Original H810PR users should avoid flashing this TOT as they'll get stuck on V2 AT&T software. The only other users who should maybe try not using it are those on 10A V0 who are holding out for bootloader unlock.

:good:

Last edited:

warri

Jan 9, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Have you Tested this on an H810, or did someone just donate the .tot file? Would this also restore the /persist partition removing the RCTD flags?

[edit] updated Question to something that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcfisch

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
The DLL above worked perfectly!! my AT&T LG G4 (H810PR) got back to stock (H810 10o). Thanks for all your work !! it's been 3 months of waiting patiently for this. Now, all we need is a rooted .img of this H810 10o. Do you know anyone has done it yet?

P/S: Green dot camera issue is gone!!

YES YES & YES! Awesome! Well I think you are the first at it then:) unless others already figured out the dll file. I'm glad its fixed for you. Not sure on anything about root

kazak1911

Jul 27, 2015
i've never done a root img before. So i'm not sure if I am gonna do it right. But the tot and dll absolutely work. im running stock with full of bloatware now. But I love the way it really fix the green dot issue.

faizalotai

• Aug 27, 2013
    i've never done a root img before. So i'm not sure if I am gonna do it right. But the tot and dll absolutely work. im running stock with full of bloatware now. But I love the way it really fix the green dot issue.

So..the green issue was a software bug after all...:good:
    you can find here both stock and rooted 10o

Reactions: hyelton

taurius1

Jan 21, 2011
    New York
    www.mihirpathare.com
    So I've got my phone in a boot loop. No idea why. It just happened out of the blue.

Tried following instructions here, the flash tool stops working midway when the phone tries to reboot, and is unable to reconnect. Flashtool shows the error "We can't communicate with your phone"

First time, the progress percentage was at 44%. The next time, it was 25% before the phone reboot, and got stuck. Next time it was 49%.

Any help would be appreciated. :3

kazak1911

Jul 27, 2015
    So I've got my phone in a boot loop. No idea why. It just happened out of the blue.

Tried following instructions here, the flash tool stops working midway when the phone tries to reboot, and is unable to reconnect. Flashtool shows the error "We can't communicate with your phone"

First time, the progress percentage was at 44%. The next time, it was 25% before the phone reboot, and got stuck. Next time it was 49%.

Any help would be appreciated. :3
    try different cable and/or usb slot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Use this at your OWN RISK! No responsible for anything you do to your phone.

2015 (updated with pictures) TOT Method!
      RETURN TO STOCK TOT METHOD for AT&T H810 !!

How to Flash YouTube Video:

1. Download Everything!
      1.1) Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Download HERE & DLL File HERE
      1.2) Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
      1.3) Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here
      1.4) Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

Install:
      2. Install LG Drviers
      3. Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)
      4. Extract the TOT file from the Zip
      5. Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6. Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)
      7. Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8. Open up Device Manger on your PC
      8.1) Click on ports and double click LGEModem
      8.2) Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced
      8.3) Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.
      8.4) After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.
      1.JPG

2.JPG

9. Run LG Flashtool as Administrator
      10. Select Manual Mode at the top
      11. Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device
      12. Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.
      3.JPG

13. Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered
      4.JPG

14. You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

15. Should take anywhere between 4-8 Minutes, When its done your phone should reboot

16. LG G3 Only, After reboot you will be presented with a Factory reset screen, Just pull battery and put it back in and it should boot right up!
      Do NOT Close the FlashTool Window during firmware update.

99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe :)

File provided in thanks to an anonymous donate .

Feel Free to support me by helping with Server Costs and Coffee if you feel my work has helped you :) Thank you!
      I'll have to wait. Hopefully lwg45714 comments about his experience.

Hello again DTX....I was impatient and bored. So I did it....from H81020n, build number is MRA58k, on ATT, just as lwg45714 did.

I just successfully downgraded to 10o using LGUP and TOT file....
      ZIPped TOT is here - http://storagecow.eu/Xda/LG%20G4/H810/AT&T/LGH810AT%20V10o-ATT-US-SEP-10-2015.zip

First, I installed LG Drivers...http://oceanhost.eu/e4h2px4e0hkd/LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.0.4.exe.htm

Second, I installed LGUP, install the DLL first, and then the program http://oceanhost.eu/eps4h4pmwphu/LGUP.zip.htm

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled, if you cant find the option, press "Build Number" under About phone>Software 7 times. This will enable Developer Options to turn USB Debugging on.

Now, turn on LGUP with phone connected (after making sure to install PC drivers from phone screen). Make sure, that when phone is connected, to choose MTP option for USB connection.

Select TOT file path in LGUP, but then exit LGUP, leave phone connected. Start LGUP again, and you should see the TOT file already selected. Select "Refurbish" and start. Do not disconnect phone, process should complete and reboot in under 10 minutes.

Hope this helps, I'll monitor this thread for a couple of days and try to provide assistance to you. But this is exactly how I achieved my downgrade to LL 10o

I can not comment on rooting, as it's later and I have to be up early tomorrow. But I do plan to root.

Cheers!

As a reminder, I can not be held responsible for someone bricking their device. Also, this WILL wipe the handset...so backup anything important!
      Just a little info on the upgrade/downgrade ordeal: Thanks to @autoprime

Ok... alrighty... so.. AT&T H810 10O is "V2"

H810 10A was V0. then there was 10E and 10G which were V1.
      I saw mention of a 10l but I have no idea about that at all. could be V1.. or could be V2. haven't seen the files for that. anyway.. doesn't matter. forget about 10l :)
      H810PR KDZ's were all V1.

basically unless you are on 10A and holding out for a bootloader exploit on V0... this TOT is completely safe to use regardless of what current version you are on. For example, you could be on 10g (V1) and still flash this TOT safely.. it would just increase the qfuse from V1 to V2.

V2 is no more locked down than V1... so there's no worry about losing your current v1 and no need to stay on 10E or 10G. 10A V0 is the only version worth holding onto.

Of course "V3" may come with android M... but too early to say one way or another on that. if M is indeed V3.. then anyone that upgraded to M could no longer flash this TOT. Hopefully the USA carriers knock it off with increasing the qfuse versions tho and it stops at v2. I will edit the previous sentence after Android 6.0 M comes out for H810 to confirm.

H810PR info: If there is an AT&T user who previously flashed H810PR KDZ to unbrick.. they should be safe flashing this 10o TOT if they want to get back into AT&T land.. hopefully fixing their green camera issue. H810PR users who have an original H810PR (not a converted att h810) should NOT use this TOT as it will increase your qfuse from V1 to V2 and you'll be stuck with AT&T software... plus there's just no point in using it since H810PR has official KDZs.

so.. summary. 10o is v2. everyone on an AT&T H810 can flash this safely without fear of bricking.. as there is no higher qfuse version yet. AT&T H810 users who "converted" to H810PR can safely flash the TOT. Original H810PR users should avoid flashing this TOT as they'll get stuck on V2 AT&T software. The only other users who should maybe try not using it are those on 10A V0 who are holding out for bootloader unlock.

:good:
      Will this upgrade from an earlier version say 10g or 10i?

Yes, you can use this on any Previous version. If you are on 10A you might want to hold off since this is the only version with qfuse V0, otherwise you are safe to use.
      Try the above DLL first, might not need it

The DLL above worked perfectly!! my AT&T LG G4 (H810PR) got back to stock (H810 10o). Thanks for all your work !! it's been 3 months of waiting patiently for this. Now, all we need is a rooted .img of this H810 10o. Do you know anyone has done it yet?

P/S: Green dot camera issue is gone!!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone