• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

At&t lg g3 (d850)

Search This thread

MuthaTrucker

Dec 25, 2014
I hope someone can help? I have an AT&T LG G3 (D850) that boots up with an error message at the logo screen. It does not go any further than that. I can get the phone in recovery mode only. I have reset to factory several times. No luck. Additionally, my computer does not recognize that the G3 is connected, so can't use Odin to flash recovery.

Is there any way to get the phone to work again? Or, am I looking at a very expensive paper weight. I thank you in advance is you can help me out.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I hope someone can help? I have an AT&T LG G3 (D850) that boots up with an error message at the logo screen. It does not go any further than that. I can get the phone in recovery mode only. I have reset to factory several times. No luck. Additionally, my computer does not recognize that the G3 is connected, so can't use Odin to flash recovery.

Is there any way to get the phone to work again? Or, am I looking at a very expensive paper weight. I thank you in advance is you can help me out.
can you get to download mode hold the volume up button while you plug the usb cable in to the phone

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012

Are you using Odin or the lg flash tool?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: jerrycoffman45

MuthaTrucker

Dec 25, 2014

Thanks for your response. Odin does not highlight a port, when the phone is connected. ADB says no device found. I think I will go to Best Buy and ask their Samsung Expert to update ROM, which might get it out of loop.

JeffDC

Oct 21, 2009
Roseburg
While in recovery you should be able to mtp xfer a stock rom to your downloads directory (SD card), and flash it, would be my hope. I believe you did say you can get to recovery.

What happened/changed that left it error booting?

Last edited:
Reactions: jerrycoffman45

MuthaTrucker

Dec 25, 2014
While in recovery you should be able to mtp xfer a stock rom to your downloads directory (SD card), and flash it, would be my hope. I believe you did say you can get to recovery.

Maybe I am using the wrong term...I can hold the volume button down and power button to get it to a screen where I can wipe the data to factory. Besides that I cannot get to any other screen. I was trying to flash Philz recovery on the device. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Maybe I am using the wrong term...I can hold the volume button down and power button to get it to a screen where I can wipe the data to factory. Besides that I cannot get to any other screen. I was trying to flash Philz recovery on the device. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

you didnt answer the earler question are you using lg flash tool oden is for samsung

JeffDC

Oct 21, 2009
Roseburg

Are you on OEM recovery? If on TWRP recovery you can MTP a file to the SD and flash via that. I'm not familiar with OEM recovery other than seeing it once.

MuthaTrucker

Dec 25, 2014
Are you on OEM recovery? If on TWRP recovery you can MTP a file to the SD and flash via that. I'm not familiar with OEM recovery other than seeing it once.

First of all, thank you for all your responses. I really appreciate that. I ended up sending the phone to LG to be fixed. I just want the phone fixed and server as my backup now, since I bought the Samsung Note 4 and Gear S. Will update, when I hear back from LG. Thanks again.

louvass

Sep 24, 2010
Sounds to me that the drivers are not loaded correctly on the PC. If you can get to recovery you should be able to get to DL, I would think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.