AT&T Note 8.0 Kernel Posted

Search This thread

emwno

Aug 30, 2011
Islamabad
Samsung released the official kernel for the AT&T Galaxy Note 8.0

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=SGH-I467_ATT

Perhaps some mods are in this tablets future...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Thanks for notifying, now about the locked bootloader, got any where on that? is it the same as the AT&T s4? confirming if recoveries, kernels can be flashed. Also do you have a recovery.img available? (so I can build cwm and twrp)

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
Thanks for notifying, now about the locked bootloader, got any where on that? is it the same as the AT&T s4? confirming if recoveries, kernels can be flashed. Also do you have a recovery.img available? (so I can build cwm and twrp)

I need to find a rom download somewhere to extract recovery.img as I cant dump it without root to my knowledge.

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
yeah you cant, its either root and use the dd method or a stock firmware, do let me knowif you find one.

Working on it right now. PM me when you get a chance.

Hey Guys,

Here is an extracted boot.img, recovery.img, and sboot.bin from the I467UCAMF1 firmware... they have since updated to I467UCAMF2 OTA via AT&T, but it might be worth still looking into making a root/recovery for the MF1 version or possibly seeing if it will also work on MF2 or if it is possible to downgrade via ODIN.

- Dan

Attachments

• I467UCAMF1.7z
    6.2 MB · Views: 452
Last edited:

jmcourir

Feb 7, 2009
Québec

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=SGH-I467_ATT

Hi DanMc85,

Have you already root your i467? I'm about to buy one today but would like to know if we will see some new ROMS from XDA, etc. Could you confirm to me that your i467 is LTE like Canadians one?

Thanks,
JmCourir.

luckysoul777

Mar 6, 2015
I know this is an old thread, but I just can't let go of this tablet! I need a tablet that is not too big or too small so that I can take notes with it. A 10" tablet gets heavy in your hand after a while. Further, very few tablets come with a built-in stylus. If I have to carry an extra stylus, I would either forget or lose it. In fact, I read a 2017 report that Note 8.0 is considered one of the best tablets for note taking! Enough promotion for this aging (4-year-old) device. Now the reality...

Until anyone comes up with a bootloader exploit, the SGH-I467 (AT&T version)'s obituary is essentially written. Yes, you can root it with KingoRoot. Since it's one-click, it cannot get simpler. However, if you can't bypass the bootloader, you are stuck with 4.4.2.

However, the Canadian version (SGH-I467M) has an unlocked bootloader. If anyone would just port a kernel for this tablet, it would give this one many more years of life. Even with the GT-N5120 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM and Boeffla kernel, I can get LTE connection and Nougat out of the box. Light sensor and MIC are still broken, which is expected since this is N5120's kernel. N5120 has two MICs and proximity sensor while I467M has only one MIC and no proximity sensor. I assume N5120's kernel on an I467M would be looking for the wrong MIC and there is some correlations between the proximity and light sensors. Bluetooth is also broken. I don't have explanation for it. I can't explain either why Boeffla kernel would enable the LTE connection since the European radio bands are different than the North American ones. I'm happy it's fixed though! The native kernel from the 14.1 Lineage OS can never establish the radio link though it does see the SIM and IMEI. (The 13.0 LOS cannot detect the IMEI and SIM at all and Boeffla in this case cannot fix it either.)
I am not a developer, but if anyone is willing to port a kernel for SGH-I467M to work with LOS 14.1, I'd be happy to be your beta tester. Thank you

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Updated to kitkat, Tried to reflash JB, failed.

SGH-I467 (NOT I467M, the Canadian version) has a locked bootloader. Once it is upgraded to KitKat, you cannot go back to JB! When I used to hack SGH-I467, I downloaded the -AMF1 firmware (the only one in circulation), thinking if anything went wrong, I could always re-flash with this official firmware. Boy, I learned my lesson when I bricked it. Since mine already had Kitkat, this official JB firmware in circulation is useless. I almost sold it for parts until I came across someone on eBay offering the KitKat firmware!

---------- Post added 2nd March 2018 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 1st March 2018 at 11:56 PM ----------

It's funny Samsung released the kernel source code for a tablet with a locked bootloader. What can you do with it? I think they are doing it for the sake of fulfilling their open source obligation.

On the other hand, if SGH-I467 and SGH-I467M share very similar kernel, I can imagine someone can port it for SGH-I467M. I am actively looking for a kernel for the Canadian version, I467M, to extend the life of my Note 8.0

Last edited:

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
I have both I467 and GT-N5110, and are both on the latest 4.4.2 introduced last year about this time.

I am not a dev, but since owning the two devices, i have modded my tablets to be nearly identical. The GT-N5110 has Boeffla kernel and the I467 is stock.

Both run circles around any developed ROM, as for 10 hours of use on battery and no issues, plus mods from S5, Tab 4 and wee mods never released in any developed firmwares to complete a full featured gallery, and allow color blind, interactive control and grey scale mode.

It took messing with 5 different roms and combining missing systrm files for adding hidden features in stock framework and touch wiz.

Only needed a wee mod to remove the few stage fright mp4 issues to button up left over security issues.

IammenotyoU

Nov 15, 2009
Both run circles around any developed ROM, as for 10 hours of use on battery and no issues, plus mods from S5, Tab 4 and wee mods never released in any developed firmwares to complete a full featured gallery, and allow color blind, interactive control and grey scale mode.

Could you share some instruction on how you did it? Have a 5110 and love it, but it's starting to slow down. Factory resetting, but would love to speed it up :)

Top Liked Posts