• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AT&T OTA and Non-OTA Updates G975U

Search This thread

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
See Post #2 for the Link to Odin Files

It doesn't appear that Firmware.Science is updating their site any longer. I'm removing the link since it's useless to us now. I'll continue to try and get the Odin files as they drop and add them to post #2 for everyone

Understanding the Firmware labels
Here's a better understanding of how these are broken down
G=Galaxy S series
975U or F etc, the model of device
SQ, FX etc = CPU and model specific
U,S,E = Update, Security, Engineering, respectively
1,2,3,4,5 etc = bootloader rev(this is important!)
A = Pie rev 1(This starts off with "A" as the build that is the initially shipped on the device. S10 series is Pie)
(If you ever see a build that contains a "Z" such as this: U5ZSBA, that means the build is part of Samsung's Official Beta program. The "Z" in this context replaces the Android Version letter which hides what OS it actually is.)
R,S,T = Year (R is 2018, S is 2019, T will be 2020)
A,B,C etc = month (January A - December L).
1 - 9 and then A - Z =build compilation. This basically means how many builds there are in a month. They start at 1 and go to Z.

So G975USQU1ASBA would be
G975-U-SQ-U-1-A-S-B-A
G975U (Galaxy S10+ Carrier version), SQ (Snapdragon), U (Update), 1 (Bootloader version), A (Build Pie), S (2019), B (February), A (Build)

**You CANNOT downgrade to a lower Bootloader. So if you are on a Bootloader 2 rom, you can not go to a Bootloader 1 rom.

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Current AT&T Stock - DTF6 July 1, 2020 Security Patch

Stock Odin Files
G975USQS4DTF6 LINK July Security Patch ATT/TMB/SPR
G975USQU3DTF1 LINK USC June 1
G975USQS3DTD5 LINK TMB June 1
G975USQU3DTE8 LINK ATT and SPR June1
G975USQS2BSIV LINK
G975USQS2ASGB LINK
G975USQU2ASG8 LINK
G975USQU1ASD9 LINK
G975USQU1ASD3 LINK
G975USQU1ASBA LINK

Use this version of Odin when flashing the above files
Odin3_v3.13.3b: HERE
I think it can also help to go into recovery and do a couple factory resets before flashing a Firmware.

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Jus t got OTA Version: ASBA
I do not know what changed..... I can't find the changelog. I'm with AT&T still on Feb, 1st Security patch as well.. Anybody know what has changed????

I had read that, aside from the basic security patch, they made some improvements to the fingerprint scanner (and I'll have to go look for what else, I dont remember right now)

charrog

Feb 11, 2006
thanks

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Not if you've flashed G975U1UEU1ASBA, that is a Unlocked Firmware. G975USQU1ASBA is the Carrier version and you would get OTA (AT&T/Spr/T-Mo/AZW)

With my unlocked phone will there be any issues if I download and flash the G975USQU1ASBA version?

Thanks

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
thanks

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

With my unlocked phone will there be any issues if I download and flash the G975USQU1ASBA version?

Thanks

If you've got an AT&T SIM, then there should be no issues at all. You will get the AT&T bloat, but you can disable it and you will also get the "features" like Wi-Fi calling...

Reactions: burrzoo and charrog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current AT&T Stock - DTF6 July 1, 2020 Security Patch

Stock Odin Files
    G975USQS4DTF6 LINK July Security Patch ATT/TMB/SPR
    G975USQU3DTF1 LINK USC June 1
    G975USQS3DTD5 LINK TMB June 1
    G975USQU3DTE8 LINK ATT and SPR June1
    G975USQS2BSIV LINK
    G975USQS2ASGB LINK
    G975USQU2ASG8 LINK
    G975USQU1ASD9 LINK
    G975USQU1ASD3 LINK
    G975USQU1ASBA LINK

Use this version of Odin when flashing the above files
    Odin3_v3.13.3b: HERE
    I think it can also help to go into recovery and do a couple factory resets before flashing a Firmware.
    See Post #2 for the Link to Odin Files

It doesn't appear that Firmware.Science is updating their site any longer. I'm removing the link since it's useless to us now. I'll continue to try and get the Odin files as they drop and add them to post #2 for everyone

Understanding the Firmware labels
    Here's a better understanding of how these are broken down
    G=Galaxy S series
    975U or F etc, the model of device
    SQ, FX etc = CPU and model specific
    U,S,E = Update, Security, Engineering, respectively
    1,2,3,4,5 etc = bootloader rev(this is important!)
    A = Pie rev 1(This starts off with "A" as the build that is the initially shipped on the device. S10 series is Pie)
    (If you ever see a build that contains a "Z" such as this: U5ZSBA, that means the build is part of Samsung's Official Beta program. The "Z" in this context replaces the Android Version letter which hides what OS it actually is.)
    R,S,T = Year (R is 2018, S is 2019, T will be 2020)
    A,B,C etc = month (January A - December L).
    1 - 9 and then A - Z =build compilation. This basically means how many builds there are in a month. They start at 1 and go to Z.

So G975USQU1ASBA would be
    G975-U-SQ-U-1-A-S-B-A
    G975U (Galaxy S10+ Carrier version), SQ (Snapdragon), U (Update), 1 (Bootloader version), A (Build Pie), S (2019), B (February), A (Build)

**You CANNOT downgrade to a lower Bootloader. So if you are on a Bootloader 2 rom, you can not go to a Bootloader 1 rom.
    ALSO........

I just got April Security Patch for my AT&T S10+(ASD7). I'll start looking for the Odin files and get a link to it as soon as I can
    thanks

Thanks

If you've got an AT&T SIM, then there should be no issues at all. You will get the AT&T bloat, but you can disable it and you will also get the "features" like Wi-Fi calling...
    Found out problem. I didn't use the sim that came with phone. Used my old sim. When checking att on my own, it showed the new sim registered for my device. Activated it and bam. Update downloading.