• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AT&T Radiant Core (Tinno U304AA) - Modding Discussion

Search This thread
Sep 22, 2021
AT&T RADIANT Core is a complete package with everything you need in an affordable smartphone. With a 5.5-inch Dragontrail display for added protection, and a 5MP rear camera with flash, capturing photos and videos are easy to share in a cinch. Up to 16GB of storage, plus up to 64GB more with optional microSD card, there is plenty of room for all of your essentials.

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
I think the only root this phone is gonna get would be another mediatek exploit.
Screenshot_20190101-123621.png

here ya go. mtkclient can unlock bootloaders now

kayshinonome

Aug 21, 2021
I ran into issues concerning the device actually booting after root, so I'll ask about it on the github

But having a unlocked bootloader is something

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
can you boot into fastboot/bootloader mode? if not, a BL unlock wont do much good
nope but you can use mtkclient to flash for you. think of it as a more powerful cmd line version of spft
Maybe I should just try to make a twrp image....
problem is there is no ramdisk in the boot.img so the recovery img will have to be patched. either twrp or magisk from recovery i guess...

haven't tried rooting it yet but will try when i get the time. attempting to boot magisk patched recovery images is a pain in the ass

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
nope but you can use mtkclient to flash for you. think of it as a more powerful cmd line version of spft

problem is there is no ramdisk in the boot.img so the recovery img will have to be patched. either twrp or magisk from recovery i guess...

haven't tried rooting it yet but will try when i get the time. attempting to boot magisk patched recovery images is a pain in the ass
Okay I'm going to cook up a dirty ported TWRP Recovery for you guys to try out on this U304AA. The sheer amount that I'm pissed off (at myself) for throwing this away is giving me the desire to see this through and help you all out.

This will be risky since there's no stock recovery image for this thing that we can confirm works, but if one of you is willing to take a risk let's get this ball rolling.

Please remind me of the following things before I can make a dirty port of TWRP recovery:

1) the chipset (MTK67XX, I need the full thing with the letters at the end if applicable

2) what mode that Android on the phone runs in, tell me if it's 32 or 64 bit

3) The actual version of Android it runs, I believe it's 9.0 Pie but just confirm that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: found a stock system image dump, thank you to @lopestom for directing me to this. This guy's been the MediaTek king for as long as I can remember.

It appears to be a dtbo and system partition dump. It also has the vendor partition and a (partial?) boot image dump. Not sure if things like the full boot and recovery images are stored somewhere in here, I didn't look too deeply into it yet. I have no idea how whoever this is managed to pull these partitions... they either got root access somehow, or they found a proper Download Agent and Auth file to pull it all. Either one of these would be awesome. I reached out to the user to ask them how they did it, we will see what they say if they want to share how they did it.

https://git.rip/dumps/att/u304aa
    Used a modified Moto E6 Play scatter file to pull images from the device. Tried flashing over stuff and got an error. Long story short my U304AA is now permanently bricked, so I'm tapping out of this project here

I do have recovery and boot images that (supposedly) work if anyone else wants to try and take over Keep in mind these were pulled with a scatter file from a DIFFERENT phone that's of the same chipset, so not everything is guaranteed to work. For example, the preloader was pulled with the specified parameters but I do NOT know if it's functional

Because I'm tapping out, and because nobody else seems to have anything on this, I'm uploading everything I can. Some pulls are too big to upload and some just won't work for some reason, but use whatever you'd like for anything you can. Hope I did something helpful
    View attachment 5423305

here ya go. mtkclient can unlock bootloaders now
    bruh

lemme go fish in the trash and piece mine together with tape to unlock the BL
    heres the stock recovery and magisk patched one i use, build number p00610 release