• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AT&T Told me this phone wouldn't work anymore!

Search This thread

mikehd1959

It's not just being LTE capable, it also needs to be VoLTE capable, which the 6 is, but is incorrectly listed on their blacklist. I've seen reddit threads that talk of AT&T customers taking the issue up with tech support and they've been able to whitelist their individual phone (reportedly).

I'm currently running my 6 with VoLTE enabled on Consumer Cellular (MVNO) using AT&T so am hoping that the blacklist is not enforced via IMEI. Come February I'll find out.

Reactions: galaxys

SOCOM-HERO

Mar 29, 2011
Switch to T-Mobile. It is the ONLY way. AT&T don't care. I filed an FCC complaint and even that didn't really work unless you are willing to hire a lawyer.

Nuzzlet

Oct 15, 2017
Having the same experience. Spent hours on the phone with them. They actually shiped me some $75 replacment phone. Talked to over 20 people from AT&T all were clueless and gave me different answers. Some said my phone would work, others said it wouldn't.

Finnally they actually put a note on my account that my Oneplus 6 would still work, so if it doesn't work I'll hvae it in writing and I'll ask them for an account credit of $800 (the cost of my oneplus)

tacohell

Mar 8, 2012
I had the same happen to me with ATT sending me a Galaxy S9 refurb.

I explained to customer service and also escalated up to the manager who basically was useless and said we can't do anything to whitelist the device. It basically comes down to the idiots at ATT not having tested the OP6 and so they just blacklisted all IMEIs associated with OP6.

I even swapped out my SIM card with another iphone SE which has VoLTE and the VoLTE lit up on my phone for a few seconds before I lost service completely as stupid ATT automatically blacklisted the SIM and the device claiming fraudulent activity and I had to spend another half hour getting my service restored on both the phones but still no VoLTE on the OP6 because it is ATT.

ATT is absolutely the crappiest customer centric company.

Nearly switched to TMo before the hacking news broke so waiting a bit before switching out of ATT after more than 15 years of service with them.

ipha

Nov 6, 2016
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
ATT enabled VOLTE on my phone a few weeks ago without me even asking for it.

They had somehow suspended my number and completely booted my phone off the network -- I took it to an ATT store, they worked their magic and within 5 minutes it was back online _with_ VOLTE!

J0nhy

Jan 22, 2016
The easiest way is to change imei i just changed my device imei for a supported imei by att and it works like a charm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They are getting ready to shut down their 3G towers, so all old devices must be purged. So they sent me some Samsung phone for free, then shut off my 1+6. WTF? The girl insisted that "the list" is always right, even though this phone has been LTE for years.
    It's not just being LTE capable, it also needs to be VoLTE capable, which the 6 is, but is incorrectly listed on their blacklist. I've seen reddit threads that talk of AT&T customers taking the issue up with tech support and they've been able to whitelist their individual phone (reportedly).

I'm currently running my 6 with VoLTE enabled on Consumer Cellular (MVNO) using AT&T so am hoping that the blacklist is not enforced via IMEI. Come February I'll find out.