AT&T & Verizon VoLTE and VoWiFi calling/texting thread

Search This thread

soundneedle

Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles
I’m able to get Wifi calling enabled along with WiFi as the preferred calling preference on my 6t with verizon. Not sure how to test if it works though. Only see a volte icon in the status bar. Is the issue it just doesn’t work even though it says enabled? Just got the phone so not sure how to test that wifi calling really is working...

https://imgur.com/a/BCLnXeq

Update 1: Just noticed it reverts to mobile preferred any time I change it to wifi preferred. But wifi calling still says enabled.
Update 2: Ugh. Nevermind. Just noticed an earlier post saying that it still does not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistah_mumford

Robisan

Nov 6, 2018
I’m able to get Wifi calling enabled along with WiFi as the preferred calling preference on my 6t with verizon. Not sure how to test if it works though. Only see a volte icon in the status bar. Is the issue it just doesn’t work even though it says enabled? Just got the phone so not sure how to test that wifi calling really is working...

Update 1: Just noticed it reverts to mobile preferred any time I change it to wifi preferred. But wifi calling still says enabled.
Update 2: Ugh. Nevermind. Just noticed an earlier post saying that it still does not work.

Try putting it in Airplane mode then toggle wifi on and see if you can make a call. It's not supposed to work but ??

soundneedle

Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Try putting it in Airplane mode then toggle wifi on and see if you can make a call. It's not supposed to work but ??

Just says turn off airplane mode, which I tried.

With wifi on and mobile data off (via quick tiles), it dials out---but I'm assuming it's still not wifi but using some type of mobile data connection (even though it shows as off). My cell signal bars (status bar) show a little "x" on it. I'm guessing the dialer would say "wifi call" if it were actually using wifi and not mobile. Just odd that dialing works even with mobile off.

robbieast

Sep 22, 2012

How u get that option, I'm on verizon and don't see it

mistah_mumford

Jul 16, 2011
NC
I'm not sure about anyone else but anytime I tried that command the wifi calling options we greyed out.
The option only appears after going into the dialer menu and turning it on. Somewhere in this thread is the exact command needed to get to that menu. Don't recall....doesn't really matter though as apparently it just won't work at all until verizon/oneplus (whomever) flips the switch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@The_Big_H
I have never tried an iPhone IMEI. But it should work..

@borijess Here are the instructions.
go do the dialer, dial *#800# and hit enter, select oneplus logkit, scroll down to function switch and select it, and check the box for VoLTE switch and Vowifi switch and then reboot, it puts the VOLTE setting and VoWiFI setting in for both the Verizon and AT&T SIM. and while you can enable VoWIFI on both Verizon and AT&T, it DOES NOT work on either. On AT&T however, as long as you have a VOLTE capable/recognized IMEI on your AT&T account for your line, VoLTE/HD voice work just fine.
This worked. Thank you.

Aircraft800

Nov 4, 2010
I have used AT&T for years on unlocked devices. I have tested everything :) Data speeds are just fine. no issues there. the OP6T supports all the bands on AT&T so coverage should be just fine for you. The limits are as follows:
1: built in visual voicemail will not work, you will need to use the AT&T visual Voicemail app from the store.
2: Wifi calling/texting will not work
3: VoLTE/HD Voice will only work with the above mentioned trickery. Root is NOT needed. just the *#800# thing

the only provisioning you may need is the AT&T imei for VoLTE (Easiest to do online) after installing your AT&T SIM in the OP6T, if VoLTE doesn't work after following the instruction in this thread, log into your AT&T account and update your IMEI to one of your past AT&T phones that support VoLTE and update, reboot you OP6T and bingo, it will work. No other provisioning or limitations that I know of. And if VoLTE/HD Voice isn't important to you, you can ignore all this. Your existing AT&T SIM just needs installed in your OP6T and your good to go!

How were you able to change your IMEI online? I looked everywhere on the myAT&T site, the only thing I could find was if I had a Premier AT&T account which I don't. I'd like to get VVM working on my OPO 6T.

Never mind: I see that you have a Business Account.

Is there a way to change the model name on my OPO 6T to spoof AT&T to think I'm on a Samsung s7 Edge?

Last edited:

szymonurai

Jul 17, 2017
At&t VoltE and Wifi

Volte seems to be working for me with At&t. I had a iphone 6s registered and the plan I'm on everyone has iphones. I simply turned it on using the *#800# settings.

I cannot seem to get wifi calling to work. I am using the stock dialer. Would google dialer change anything?

I got the switches in my setting to turn wifi calling and volte on but only volte works.

Is there something else I can try?

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Volte seems to be working for me with At&t. I had a iphone 6s registered and the plan I'm on everyone has iphones. I simply turned it on using the *#800# settings.

I cannot seem to get wifi calling to work. I am using the stock dialer. Would google dialer change anything?

I got the switches in my setting to turn wifi calling and volte on but only volte works.

Is there something else I can try?
Same here no WiFi calling but do have volte.

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
Do I have to give OP6T's IMEI or my SIM's IMEI? My sim works on an iPhone 8 previously.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Trying to decide if I should take the plunge here with the OP6T... Currently on an iPhone XR and my daughter in law smashed her phone and can't afford one. So if I am gonna help her out, I figure why not get myself a new phone and give her the 4 month old XR...

I love OnePlus, but the historical lack of VoLTE on AT&T has been a bummer. I don't really need Wifi calling, but I do want HD calling and to be able to be on the phone and tether from time to time and not have the data drop to HSPA...

That said, I don't want to have to fiddle to much with this... If I can just take my current SIM from my XR and pop it in and go and toggle the phone settings and have HD Calling and simultaneous voice and 4G data work, then I am sold. But my concern is that it works at first, and then 2 weeks later their network scans my device or whatever and finds that the IMEI doesn't match and resets my account and then provisions it so that I lose those features...

Or, I could just upgrade to the XS Max and stay with apple and give her my XR.

I love OP phones, but I don't really want to downgrade my service and features in order to get one, even if the price is right...

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
I'm on ATT but haven't bothered with VOLTE yet. My understanding is that if you have a SIM from a device that has been working with VOLTE you can pop it into the 6T, type the code I need the dialer to enable the option in the menus, then go to the SIM menu and turn it on. Less than two minutes' work.

The challenge is that if your sim is not yet provisioned for VOLTE then getting AT&T to turn it on and provisioned is a hoop jump.

PS. I absolutely Love the 6T. It is blazing fast and works fabulously on the ATT network. Best data speeds I've ever seen.

SquireSCA

Nov 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm on ATT but haven't bothered with VOLTE yet. My understanding is that if you have a SIM from a device that has been working with VOLTE you can pop it into the 6T, type the code I need the dialer to enable the option in the menus, then go to the SIM menu and turn it on. Less than two minutes' work.

The challenge is that if your sim is not yet provisioned for VOLTE then getting AT&T to turn it on and provisioned is a hoop jump.

PS. I absolutely Love the 6T. It is blazing fast and works fabulously on the ATT network. Best data speeds I've ever seen.

Yeah, I wanted to pull the trigger but after thinking about it, I just decided to give her my XR and I went with an XS Max for now... I will make it back to Android in the fall, likely a OP phone or the next Pixel... For now I do use the Apple Watch 4 a lot and this phone supports Wifi Calling and VoLTE and all that, so I just went that route. Thanks for the info, though.

ma678

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto, ON
Does anyone enable volte by swapping to different profile? It usually switches back to the original overseas commercial LTE profile after os update; however, it doesn't revert on ob5 and ob6. I even flashed full ob5 zip. Os doesn't bring the original profile back. Is it normal? Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk

Apr 6, 2019
Verizon has a setting that customer service can turn on for your phone to receive texts and send them. I had the problem but got it fixed pretty quick. Download the tech Coach Verizon app. They'll help you

Butterwhales

Apr 7, 2019
The *#800# enables all those options. But it doesn't help anything on Verizon, and on AT&T it does work for VoLTE if a VOLTE enabled IMEI is on your AT&T account, but it doesn't work for wifi calling. I wish it was just illegal for the carriers to block services just because its a non branded phone :rolleyes:

I managed to get VOLTE to work with verizon doing both the *#800# and *#*#4636#*# however no luck yet with wifi calling

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my device today so update time..
    1: VoLTE works on Verizon by default as soon as you pop in the SIM. All the Verizon LTE bands seem to work fine.. in this area, 2,4,13, & 66. no option in the menu for wiFi calling, even though it works fine in my pixel 3 where my verizon SIM just was.
    2: Neither VoLTE or VoWiFI work on AT&T by default. No option for either in the settings at all. So no change there from OP5/5T/6 ETC. However, if you go do the dialer, dial *#800# and hit enter, select oneplus logkit, scroll down to function switch and select it, and check the box for VoLTE switch and Vowifi switch and then reboot, it puts the VOLTE setting and VoWiFI setting in for both the Verizon and AT&T SIM. and while you can enable VoWIFI on both Verizon and AT&T, it DOES NOT work on either. On AT&T however, as long as you have a VOLTE capable/recognized IMEI on your AT&T account for your line, VoLTE/HD voice work just fine.

So, while it is amazing to have, for the first time ever a DUAL SIM phone that supports both VZW & AT&T at the same time, it is a too bad that VoWiFI does not work on either, Especially now that the Pixel 3 Supports it on both carriers.
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking to get the 6T to use on AT&T. I've never used an unlocked/non-AT&T branded phone on my line. Are there any other limitations that AT&T implements on non-AT&T branded devices? Do they throttle data speeds? Any issues with SMS/MMS working like some Verizon users are experiencing? Would I need to contact AT&T to have any special provisioning just to get it to work? I appreciate any insight on this.

I have used AT&T for years on unlocked devices. I have tested everything :) Data speeds are just fine. no issues there. the OP6T supports all the bands on AT&T so coverage should be just fine for you. The limits are as follows:
    1: built in visual voicemail will not work, you will need to use the AT&T visual Voicemail app from the store.
    2: Wifi calling/texting will not work
    3: VoLTE/HD Voice will only work with the above mentioned trickery. Root is NOT needed. just the *#800# thing

the only provisioning you may need is the AT&T imei for VoLTE (Easiest to do online) after installing your AT&T SIM in the OP6T, if VoLTE doesn't work after following the instruction in this thread, log into your AT&T account and update your IMEI to one of your past AT&T phones that support VoLTE and update, reboot you OP6T and bingo, it will work. No other provisioning or limitations that I know of. And if VoLTE/HD Voice isn't important to you, you can ignore all this. Your existing AT&T SIM just needs installed in your OP6T and your good to go!
    I know this will sound stupid but can I ask how you cleared cache partition in recovery? Are you rooted using custom recovery? I tried booting into recovery and it asked for a password and I ended up having to reset my phone. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Just booted into stock recovery, entered my pin, used volume/power buttons to delete cache.

I'm squared away now. Verizon added CDMA-less provisioning and everything is fine. That's the answer to this issue.
    Hi all. Posting this for users looking for answers on VoLTE and WoWifi on the 6T on AT&T & Verizon. If users with access to the OP6T could please test and report, that would be very helpful. Since the pixel 3 now supports both VoLTE & VoWiFi (on AT&T) there is perhaps some hope that OnePlus will also support it.

1: On AT&T, is there an option for Voice over LTE and Wifi calling and does it work?
    2: On Verizon, I know Voice over LTE will work, but what about Wifi Calling?

Screen shots welcome :) I will have my hands on the device as soon as its available and will report since I have all the carriers, but thought maybe someone might get their hands on one early and could report. It might make a big difference on whether or now some users buy the device.! Thanks guys!
    Yeah, whether or not I get the OP6T depends entirely on whether VoLTE and VoWiFi work on AT&T.
    Eagerly waiting for updates!