AT&T & Verizon VoLTE and VoWiFi calling/texting thread

Search This thread

_BГ@ckθut

Nov 6, 2018
Does anyone got issue like this or just I'm the only one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181110-115708.jpg
    Screenshot_20181110-115708.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 633

mistah_mumford

Jul 16, 2011
NC
I'm glad that I did this. I'm in the place where I normally need WiFi calling and I still have LTE. The only thing that happened was my phone dropped from LTE+ to LTE. Hmmm

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Robisan

Nov 6, 2018
Just figured I'd throw this in here. I have Verizon, I found a Magisk module that forces WiFi Calling to show up. However, after multiple reboots and testing, it still sadly does not work even though it shows as being enabled.View attachment 4639473View attachment 4639475

Perhaps there's a VZW system toggle that needs to be enabled? There's been conflicting wifi calling info from VZW (imagine that!) but kzoak82 @ post 40 spoke with a tech who saw and enabled a wifi option in the VZW system for a 6T.

kzoak82

Jan 27, 2011
So here's a dumb question. What about video calls? I'm referring to the ability we had to switch to video through Verizon's advanced calling. Again maybe a dumb question, but I don't know.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

I think it's the phone line that it was enabled for, but being blocked based on the hardware (e.g. Oneplus 6t).
Perhaps there's a VZW system toggle that needs to be enabled? There's been conflicting wifi calling info from VZW (imagine that!) but kzoak82 @ post 40 spoke with a tech who saw and enabled a wifi option in the VZW system for a 6T.

Robisan

Nov 6, 2018
I think it's the phone line that it was enabled for, but being blocked based on the hardware (e.g. Oneplus 6t).

Understood. But WyldOne91 'found a Magisk module that forces WiFi Calling to show up' on the hardware, thus potentially removing the hardware block.

kzoak82

Jan 27, 2011
Understood. But WyldOne91 'found a Magisk module that forces WiFi Calling to show up' on the hardware, thus potentially removing the hardware block.
I'm thinking that Verizon has the phone on a restricted list. Similar to when you block a device on your home router. Wifi is enabled on the network (like wifi calling on the line) and wifi is enabled on the device (like the wifi calling setting that wyldone91 achieved), however the device won't get the signal because you've put it on a restricted list in the router (like what Verizon is probably doing here).

_BГ@ckθut

Nov 6, 2018
Does anyone know how to fix this I think I messed up turn on and off some function it not supposed to be on! I did got the data but wasn't able to make a phone call...
Edit: i also did a *#800# and turn on VOLTE function on i dont know does that why?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181111-105809.jpg
    Screenshot_20181111-105809.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

_BГ@ckθut

Nov 6, 2018
And this what happened when I swap to sim slot 2 VOLTE work but it it stay like 30 min then it gone!I think I got T-Mobile hardware with dual sim :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181111-111723.jpg
    Screenshot_20181111-111723.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 303

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
For those of you on ATT. Is it possible to get some of the features on one plus if we give them imei of an ATT branded S7? Or will it fail once the imei is popped into the 6T.

I did this on my unlocked note 8. But not sure if it will work on 6T. Please let me know if you have done this.

crowsnestitsupport

Sep 16, 2015
Altoona, PA
For those of you on ATT. Is it possible to get some of the features on one plus if we give them imei of an ATT branded S7? Or will it fail once the imei is popped into the 6T.

I did this on my unlocked note 8. But not sure if it will work on 6T. Please let me know if you have done this.

I used to have an unlocked Galaxy S8 on at&t and couldn't get volte or wifi calling. Supposedly they block those features on all unlocked devices except the iPhone.

I also can't get at&t to recognize the IMEI on-line.

Last edited:

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
I don't think I will be able to get WiFi calling. But Volte would be nice. I popped my sim into the S7 and was able to get WiFi calling and volte working. But on my 6T I can not.

I got my 6T on Friday. Used @crowsnestitsupport's instructions for the *#800# trick to get the VoLTE & WiFi calling settings to show. Popped in my sim. Had LTE data but didn't get VoLTE & couldn't get AT&T's VVM app to activate. Called support, ended up giving them my IMEI and not surprisingly it came up as Unknown Device. Guy basically said until the system can recognize the device there was nothing he could do to get VoLTE & VVM working. However after I got off the phone, I quickly realized I no longer had any mobile data at all. Called back, spoke to another rep, and she tried for an hour to get my data back. She wasn't able to. She had to escalate the issue and said it could take 24 hours or more to resolve. I figured out that if I changed APN from ATT Nextgenphone to ATT Phone I could at least have some mobile data, albeit only 3G. Wasn't until Sunday afternoon that LTE came back online including VoLTE. I don't know what had to change to get it all working. Just glad that it is now. Still no WiFi calling but I don't expect to get that.

Reactions: borijess

coolguy

Jun 19, 2007
It's very annoying that OnePlus doesn't disclose this and expect us to find it once we buy this. If something is certified means certified all the way, not 80% certified.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my device today so update time..
    1: VoLTE works on Verizon by default as soon as you pop in the SIM. All the Verizon LTE bands seem to work fine.. in this area, 2,4,13, & 66. no option in the menu for wiFi calling, even though it works fine in my pixel 3 where my verizon SIM just was.
    2: Neither VoLTE or VoWiFI work on AT&T by default. No option for either in the settings at all. So no change there from OP5/5T/6 ETC. However, if you go do the dialer, dial *#800# and hit enter, select oneplus logkit, scroll down to function switch and select it, and check the box for VoLTE switch and Vowifi switch and then reboot, it puts the VOLTE setting and VoWiFI setting in for both the Verizon and AT&T SIM. and while you can enable VoWIFI on both Verizon and AT&T, it DOES NOT work on either. On AT&T however, as long as you have a VOLTE capable/recognized IMEI on your AT&T account for your line, VoLTE/HD voice work just fine.

So, while it is amazing to have, for the first time ever a DUAL SIM phone that supports both VZW & AT&T at the same time, it is a too bad that VoWiFI does not work on either, Especially now that the Pixel 3 Supports it on both carriers.
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking to get the 6T to use on AT&T. I've never used an unlocked/non-AT&T branded phone on my line. Are there any other limitations that AT&T implements on non-AT&T branded devices? Do they throttle data speeds? Any issues with SMS/MMS working like some Verizon users are experiencing? Would I need to contact AT&T to have any special provisioning just to get it to work? I appreciate any insight on this.

I have used AT&T for years on unlocked devices. I have tested everything :) Data speeds are just fine. no issues there. the OP6T supports all the bands on AT&T so coverage should be just fine for you. The limits are as follows:
    1: built in visual voicemail will not work, you will need to use the AT&T visual Voicemail app from the store.
    2: Wifi calling/texting will not work
    3: VoLTE/HD Voice will only work with the above mentioned trickery. Root is NOT needed. just the *#800# thing

the only provisioning you may need is the AT&T imei for VoLTE (Easiest to do online) after installing your AT&T SIM in the OP6T, if VoLTE doesn't work after following the instruction in this thread, log into your AT&T account and update your IMEI to one of your past AT&T phones that support VoLTE and update, reboot you OP6T and bingo, it will work. No other provisioning or limitations that I know of. And if VoLTE/HD Voice isn't important to you, you can ignore all this. Your existing AT&T SIM just needs installed in your OP6T and your good to go!
    I know this will sound stupid but can I ask how you cleared cache partition in recovery? Are you rooted using custom recovery? I tried booting into recovery and it asked for a password and I ended up having to reset my phone. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Just booted into stock recovery, entered my pin, used volume/power buttons to delete cache.

I'm squared away now. Verizon added CDMA-less provisioning and everything is fine. That's the answer to this issue.
    Hi all. Posting this for users looking for answers on VoLTE and WoWifi on the 6T on AT&T & Verizon. If users with access to the OP6T could please test and report, that would be very helpful. Since the pixel 3 now supports both VoLTE & VoWiFi (on AT&T) there is perhaps some hope that OnePlus will also support it.

1: On AT&T, is there an option for Voice over LTE and Wifi calling and does it work?
    2: On Verizon, I know Voice over LTE will work, but what about Wifi Calling?

Screen shots welcome :) I will have my hands on the device as soon as its available and will report since I have all the carriers, but thought maybe someone might get their hands on one early and could report. It might make a big difference on whether or now some users buy the device.! Thanks guys!
    Yeah, whether or not I get the OP6T depends entirely on whether VoLTE and VoWiFi work on AT&T.
    Eagerly waiting for updates!