• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Atom Disassembly procedure (Wiki)

Search This thread

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
There is no solution, unless you can find an LCD that was used with the first version of the Atom.

Last edited:

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
I have just sucessfully swapped two Atom Mobo's! If you also want work on the inners of the Atom search this forum and you will find! below is probably the most crucial component of the operation.

PS...The high pitched noise is not the LCD but something on the mobo, I switched mobo's (one with and one without high pitch noise) and the noise carried through with the mobo, both devices are nearly 2yrs old.

If anyone would like me to Extrapolate on the disassembly procedure I will be happy to post detailed pics and step by step instructions....perhaps it can be created in wiki.

putting it at the wiki would make everyone happy :D

Great discovery!

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
There is no solution, even if you send to O2 they just take the battery out for three or four weeks tell you they're ordering parts and merely send it back....IMHO
I have discovered that it is not the LCD but the motherboard, whatever ic runs the graphics may be to blame but its definately not the LCD itself.. The noise comes from the LCD but its the mobo that is causing it.

Surprisingly, after I have had so many flashes with my Atom, the squealing sound disappeared. I can only hear it during bootloader mode :D

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
OK I shall make detailed instruction on how to disassemble our Atom in a few days :D
Also I have changed my opinion and now gone back to thinking the LCD is at fault, sleep deprevation was the reason for thinking otherwise.

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
Created a new page in Wiki (Atom Disassembly) check the first post and feel free to add your experiences and/or anything I may have missed.

Jackuuuuu

Dec 8, 2006
Hey there,
Thank you for your guide I manage to fix up my buttons! LOL :)

Just wondering where is the onboard battery located? I need to replace it, coz everytime i take out the battery, my time starts from factory default! What is the size of the battery?

Thanks a lot!

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
The battery lives near the LCD ribbon connector, however I would be surprised if that were your problem. This is a known issue for quite a few devices.

goshinguy

Aug 10, 2007
Could someone please reupload the disassemble instruction in the Wiki. It seems the freeshosting has expired.

I really hope someone could help me with this one.

Thank you