Atrix 2 ics leak #2 stuck on cm10 boot!

Search This thread

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Okay, so here's a long story short. I flashed AT&T ICS leak #2 when I first got my replacement due to a brick. I ran SCV7 for a week or so and decided to try out CM10. I restored my backup of stock/rooted backup. Uninstalled highjacks, packages and app (bootmenu) itself. I then installed our OG A2 bootstrap, installed fine, installed CM10, played around with it for awhile. Realized I didnt reinstall the OG A2 Bootstrap so went ahead and did that. (without booting into recovery yet) I then later in the day decided to REBOOT my phone to only find me stuck on the CM10 boot animation. I battery pulled, plugged in to see if any recovery would show, none, just the battery charge percentage. I then battery pulled again, got into stock recovery, tried a data and cache wipe to no effect. My problem is, there is NO FXZ for the AT&T leak #2, I have no recovery besides stock and the only thing I can do is take my 32GB SD card out and add/delete files/everything. I saddly did not make a copy of the system.img but was wondering if anyone else possibly did? This would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck with a soft brick until then or a new FXZ to work with AT&T leak #2. Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated. Thanks all for reading and I'm praying for a miracle in my phone right about now lol! :rolleyes:

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Okay, so here's a long story short. I flashed AT&T ICS leak #2 when I first got my replacement due to a brick. I ran SCV7 for a week or so and decided to try out CM10. I restored my backup of stock/rooted backup. Uninstalled highjacks, packages and app (bootmenu) itself. I then installed our OG A2 bootstrap, installed fine, installed CM10, played around with it for awhile. Realized I didnt reinstall the OG A2 Bootstrap so went ahead and did that. (without booting into recovery yet) I then later in the day decided to REBOOT my phone to only find me stuck on the CM10 boot animation. I battery pulled, plugged in to see if any recovery would show, none, just the battery charge percentage. I then battery pulled again, got into stock recovery, tried a data and cache wipe to no effect. My problem is, there is NO FXZ for the AT&T leak #2, I have no recovery besides stock and the only thing I can do is take my 32GB SD card out and add/delete files/everything. I saddly did not make a copy of the system.img but was wondering if anyone else possibly did? This would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck with a soft brick until then or a new FXZ to work with AT&T leak #2. Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated. Thanks all for reading and I'm praying for a miracle in my phone right about now lol! :rolleyes:

Hey, and sort of welcome back...

But I hate to be the bearer of bad, bad news... you have a softbrick, and there is NOTHING you can do.

Next time, read everything in an OP... LOL, look who I am telling this to....

The CM10 installs come with their own CWM built in, and flashing bootstrap is what bootlooped you, so after you get another warranty replacement (yes, you HAVE to do this), I would install leak #1 ONLY, then flash cm10 with bootstrap, then do not reinstall any boot hijacks or CWM "like" recovery (bootmenu), because all you have to do it hit the vol down button right as you see the blue led flash during the M dual core logo.

Reactions: A2Trip

tcf38012

Jan 23, 2012
Or enter the CM10 recovery menu and so on and so forth.

This is how I got out of a cm10 boot-loop.

I just restored from bootmenu backup via adb.

Last edited:

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Well, thanks everyone. Specially you jim. Anyone wanna throw me an fxz they think MIGHT work for the second ICS leak? I'm willing to take the risk since I have nothing else to lose. Ill be most likely calling AT&T tomorrow and give some excuse. Soft brick or hard brick...Ill get a replacement...

Sent From My Eclipsed DROID X2!

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Well, thanks everyone. Specially you jim. Anyone wanna throw me an fxz they think MIGHT work for the second ICS leak? I'm willing to take the risk since I have nothing else to lose. Ill be most likely calling AT&T tomorrow and give some excuse. Soft brick or hard brick...Ill get a replacement...

I will get with alteredlikeness and see if we can possibly think of something together on this one. The first thought would be to try an mearet/searet fxz for 2.3.6 since they can fxz back with out any mods to thier 2.3.6 or 2.3.5 fxz from thier ICS leaks, but I am thinking that will still brick you, but interested to see anyhow.

So I will see if alteredlikeness and I can think of some other way to try. He or I will PM you either way.

Reactions: A2Trip

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
I will get with alteredlikeness and see if we can possibly think of something together on this one. The first thought would be to try an mearet/searet fxz for 2.3.6 since they can fxz back with out any mods to thier 2.3.6 or 2.3.5 fxz from thier ICS leaks, but I am thinking that will still brick you, but interested to see anyhow.

So I will see if alteredlikeness and I can think of some other way to try. He or I will PM you either way.

he can flash just a system. img from ics though, And that should recover it

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
he can flash just a system. img from ics though, And that should recover it

You know, I was seeing in recovery how youbcan flash an update through sd AND system which has a lost and found folder and recovery folder. Dont know if this is of any info but either way because I wouldnt know how to put anything in system since I cant seem to get adb to recognize or moto-fastboot...I'm in a very confused state of mind and almost came to the point of hard brick but I refuse. I'll leave it up to ya devs. Thanks againg everyone.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

ravvio

Aug 5, 2012
First Softbrick it seems In Trouble

Guys need your urgent help i am into a trouble what is it called technically may be a Soft brick but this is what has happened.

I was trying the Magic mod the installation went superb booted the phone it worked properly and then i used the bootstrap :silly: and tried starting the phone in recovery after which my phone is now stuck at magic mod boot animation. PLEASE HELP.

I am upto a point where have installed drivers latest rsd lite 6.0 ready with the extracted fxz 6.7.2_EDEM-18-SEARET_cfc.xml but phone is not showing up in rsd lite so that i can flash my phone. Phone says USB connected in AP Fastboot mode have a look at the attachment of my desktop. Please HELP guys....

Thanks & Regards,

Beginner Android (Ravi D)

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Wow, almost forgot I made this thread lol. But sounds like your drivers need a good updating. Reboot PC after updating and try again is all I can say. Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey, and sort of welcome back...

But I hate to be the bearer of bad, bad news... you have a softbrick, and there is NOTHING you can do.

Next time, read everything in an OP... LOL, look who I am telling this to....

The CM10 installs come with their own CWM built in, and flashing bootstrap is what bootlooped you, so after you get another warranty replacement (yes, you HAVE to do this), I would install leak #1 ONLY, then flash cm10 with bootstrap, then do not reinstall any boot hijacks or CWM "like" recovery (bootmenu), because all you have to do it hit the vol down button right as you see the blue led flash during the M dual core logo.
    Or enter the CM10 recovery menu and so on and so forth.

This is how I got out of a cm10 boot-loop.

I just restored from bootmenu backup via adb.

he can't, he installed bootstrap while on cm10m, so he can't get to cwm anymore.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone