Atrix 4G with LapDock for $250!!

Search This thread

krkeegan

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Read the story here:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/25/letstalk-goes-out-in-a-blaze-of-glory-sells-atrix-4g-and-laptop/

For sale here:

http://wsf2-walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=38472&corpId=511

Only rub seems to be it requires a $60 per month voice plan.

Edit: So here is the fine print on the $150 Discount:

$150 LetsTalk.com instant discount

Purchase select AT&T phones from LetsTalk.com or through our customer service department and receive a $150.00 instant discount when you activate new AT&T service on a service plan of $59.99 per month or more and agree to a two (2) year service agreement.

Offer Qualifications and Restrictions:

* This instant discount is exclusive to LetsTalk.com and partners and is not available in any stores.
* This instant discount applies to all lines.
* This instant discount requires a new 2 year service agreement.
* Certain other rate plans may not apply.
* Failure to maintain the minimum qualifying service plan for 181 days may subject the purchaser to a $250 chargeback if such action results in the loss of carrier commissions by LetsTalk.com.

Phones Eligible for this Promotion:
HTC Aria (AT&T), Motorola Atrix 4G and Laptop Dock Bundle (AT&T)

Here is the fine print on the $200 discount

$200 LetsTalk.com instant discount

Purchase select AT&T phones online or through our customer service department and receive a $200.00 instant discount when you activate new AT&T service on a plan of $59.99 per month or higher and in conjunction with any feature or bundle or any other plan option at least $24.99 per month or greater. This exclusive offer is limited to select online retailers and is not available in any stores. Certain rate plans may not apply. This promotion applies to all lines and requires a (2) two-year service agreement.

Offer Qualifications and Restrictions:

* Cancellation of this purchase option within the first 181 days of activation will result in a $100 penalty charge.
* Customers who add a qualifying feature after their service has been activated by LetsTalk.com are NOT eligible unless the feature is activated by LetsTalk.com directly.
* If the customer receives their phone and the qualifying data feature is not active, the customer must contact LetsTalk.com directly to have the feature added in order to avoid a chargeback.
* If the customer receives their phone and wishes to add the qualifying feature to take advantage of the offer, the customer must contact LetsTalk.com's Customer Service center and LetsTalk.com must add the qualifying feature through their activation system.
* Customers who contact AT&T directly to have the qualifying feature added to their accounts post activation will not be eligible for this offer.
* The customer may not change the feature activated by LetsTalk.com through AT&T's website, call center retail stores or any other AT&T agents or representatives and must maintain the same qualifying feature selected at the time of purchase for 181 days in order to avoid a deactivation chargeback.
* If the customer wishes to change to a different qualifying feature they must contact LetsTalk.com directly and LetsTalk.com must change the data feature directly otherwise the customer may be liable for a chargeback.
* LetsTalk.com imposes this chargeback solely to recoup plan feature commissions deducted by AT&T.

Phones Eligible for this Promotion:
Motorola Atrix 4G and Laptop Dock Bundle (AT&T)

Qualifying Plan Features for this promotion:
Unlimited Messaging & Data, Family Messaging Unlimited, DataPro 2GB For Smartphone, DataPro 2GB For Smartphone Enterprise, DataPro 4GB For Smartphone Enterprise w/ Tethering, DataPro 2GB For Blackberry, DataPro 2GB Blackberry Enterprise, DataPro 4GB For Blackberry Enterprise w/ Tethering, DataPro 4GB For Smartphone w/ Tethering, DataPro 4GB For Blackberry w/ Tethering, Upgrades Only - Change Operating System Keep Unlimited Data Plan, Upgrades Only - Change Operating System Keep Unlimited Data Plan, HSPA+ DataPro Personal - 4GB w/ Tethering, DataPro 2G for HSPA+, Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling

So you only need to increase plan for 6 months and NO tethering required.

I think I am sold. At minimum I could sell the lapdock for $200 if not more.

Last edited:

NonovUrbizniz

Jul 6, 2007

cushcalc

krkeegan

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles
If you bought it on preorder it was 200... 499 -100mir for phone and dock. that's 399 - 199 = 200.

Not really sure what numbers you are talking about there, this is for the phone and the lapdock. I have seen deals for $130 for the phone by itself, but never anything in this range for the phone and lapdock together. Plus no requirement to purchase tethering.

Xarinn

Feb 22, 2011
It was 599 - 100 mail in rebate in the at&t stores...

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

FNugget

Feb 16, 2011
To be accurate, what the said was 499 AFTER the 100 rebate.

They never said 599 and a 100 rebate. Anyway, that makes Nonov's math look like:
"If you bought it on preorder it was 300... 599 -100mir for phone and dock. that's 499 - 199 = 300."
Which is what people have been saying for months.

From the OP, the letstalk bundle is 450, 50 off ATT. With an additional 200 off, thats 250. If you put the worth of the phone at 200, as Nonov did, this makes the laptop 50.

Ah, remember when everyone was throwing rumors of 150/150 for phone/laptop dock? But eh, it's the last push for new customers for ATT.

Last edited:

AJerman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
And it was just removed. Interesting though, it made me check my account and apparently my account IS available for upgrade +$50 off. I could get an Atrix for $150 right now. Weird since I got my Captivate last summer, but I'm not complaining! Don't think I'm gonna go with the Atrix though.

krkeegan

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles
And it was just removed.

Yup, got my order in just in time. I agree I am seeing "Sorry, this product is no longer available." Listing on the page.

Ugh, now LetsTalk is claiming the pricing was a mistake, according to AndroidPolice they may attempt to cancel the orders:

Update: LetsTalk/Walmart Wireless now says "this product is no longer available." When we called them, we were told the sale was a mistake. We aren’t yet sure whether the $250 price will be honored for customers who already bought the bundle.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...ix-4g-laptop-dock-bundle-for-250-on-contract/

Last edited:

waltah!

May 29, 2009
They are only selling AT&T for another week so I'm sure it'll be discounted. You also sign additional contracts and Let's Talk is known to be a pretty iffy place to buy phones.

krkeegan

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles
You also sign additional contracts and Let's Talk is known to be a pretty iffy place to buy phones.
Agree, it seems that the current deal would give me an ETF fee of over $600 if I canceled in the first 6 months. But I can live with that.

** Update 2-28-11 **

I think I will just update this post, since I don't want upset people by gloating about this great deal.

Walmart issued me a delivery date, so I called to confirm that it was accurate. The Wal-mart rep told me that they would be honoring the deal. I thought that was pretty cool of them.

Last edited: