ATT G8x Firmware Dumps

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport
As the title implies , this thread will contain g8x att firmware backs ups for people to use, since we don't have kdz for our version of the g8x, these backups will hopefully help people recover phones.
If you have a backup please pm me or post it here and i will add it to the main OP. Also an easy way to dump your firmware is to use Partition Backup
If you do decide to dump your firmware, only backup slot partitions, mostly only those can be shared. Most others are device unique. (you need Bl unlock and root to dump them with this app, with firehose/qpst you dont.)

Only restore this on a Android 10 slot
Also this vendor parttion is decrypted keep this in mind while restoring it.

Firmware List:

ATT G8X 20e Android 10 (Security patch April 1st 2020)

If you have issues downloading let me know.

Last edited:

wwechampian

Dec 27, 2009
Do you have a AT&T LG G8 Android 10 dump?
Also, how would one go about using the Android 10 dump on their LG G8? (Basically how do you install it?)

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport
Do you have a AT&T LG G8 Android 10 dump?
Also, how would one go about using the Android 10 dump on their LG G8? (Basically how do you install it?)
Not for att g8, i only have a g8 from sprint, im not sure how you would go about using this to upgrade from 9 to 10, i think it has to be flashed on secondary slot. i would go to the lg v50 telegram group and ask there, so you can be sure 100%

Last edited:

cliffswallow

May 21, 2019
Forgive my ignorance but how does one go about using this backup to restore a bricked G8X...?
Need a step-by-step primer on this if anyone would be kind enough to teach, as I'm only familiar with KDZ's and using LGUP 1.14 Dev Mode for older LG devices...the G8X will not function with this version, so it's not straightforward

Thanks in advance

cliffswallow

May 21, 2019
Just want to offer a warning to anything thinking about using the above referenced backup - I used it myself on a soft bricked G8X (AT&T) using QFIL on EDL/9008 mode to upload the unpacked IMG's. I went from soft brick to hard brick.

When I first started off using this I uploaded only the system, boot and abl...when I started seeing a fastboot screen (which I hadn't seen since) I felt like I was moving in the right direction so I uploaded the remaining partitions. After exiting EDL the device refuses to turn on...no LG splash, no android warning, no longer any access to download mode. No amount of button pushing brings EDL mode back while connected via USB. Doesn't charge using wireless charger (which it used to before).

I'm very confident I did not mismatch any partitions, though uploading the OP image did mention that there was data overflow and asked me if I wanted to continue. Further, this backup did not contain all of the img's that would ordinarily be present in a KDZ, but contained imgs that a standard KDZ do not have.

Since I can't get to EDL I can't restore the backups I had made of it's previous soft-bricked state.

It's just really frustrating, and I've learned my lesson never to buy a device from a carrier that doesn't allow access to it's KDZ firmware file (or cannot be crossflashed to one that does).

Your mileage may vary of course but I definitely feel like I'd want to stop someone from trying the attached if they're still in a soft-bricked state.

As an aside I would appreciate anyone who might have any ideas of how to reach EDL mode again. Thanks

lefttobleed

Apr 20, 2010
Just want to offer a warning to anything thinking about using the above referenced backup - I used it myself on a soft bricked G8X (AT&T) using QFIL on EDL/9008 mode to upload the unpacked IMG's. I went from soft brick to hard brick.

When I first started off using this I uploaded only the system, boot and abl...when I started seeing a fastboot screen (which I hadn't seen since) I felt like I was moving in the right direction so I uploaded the remaining partitions. After exiting EDL the device refuses to turn on...no LG splash, no android warning, no longer any access to download mode. No amount of button pushing brings EDL mode back while connected via USB. Doesn't charge using wireless charger (which it used to before).

I'm very confident I did not mismatch any partitions, though uploading the OP image did mention that there was data overflow and asked me if I wanted to continue. Further, this backup did not contain all of the img's that would ordinarily be present in a KDZ, but contained imgs that a standard KDZ do not have.

Since I can't get to EDL I can't restore the backups I had made of it's previous soft-bricked state.

It's just really frustrating, and I've learned my lesson never to buy a device from a carrier that doesn't allow access to it's KDZ firmware file (or cannot be crossflashed to one that does).

Your mileage may vary of course but I definitely feel like I'd want to stop someone from trying the attached if they're still in a soft-bricked state.

As an aside I would appreciate anyone who might have any ideas of how to reach EDL mode again. Thanks
You will have to open the back and short some contacts.
Or give to service center if in warranty.

Reactions: Raul7821
Apr 5, 2020
[QUOTE = "lefttobleed, publicación: 84319395, miembro: 2516025"]
Tendrás que abrir la parte trasera y cortar algunos contactos.
O entréguelo al centro de servicio si está en garantía.
[/CITAR]
Lo hiciste ??

Reactions: Mr.Conkel

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport

This should only be used mostly to restore certain parttion, not the whole backup in one go, as you said this is not a kdz. Also messing with op partition is never recommended, edl did warn you of the parttion size mismatch. Also depends what you had on your primary slot, i would not recommend flashing this on a pie slot. Sucks that you hard bricked.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone