ATT G8x Firmware Dumps

Search This thread

ferna87

Jun 11, 2021
Just want to offer a warning to anything thinking about using the above referenced backup - I used it myself on a soft bricked G8X (AT&T) using QFIL on EDL/9008 mode to upload the unpacked IMG's. I went from soft brick to hard brick.

When I first started off using this I uploaded only the system, boot and abl...when I started seeing a fastboot screen (which I hadn't seen since) I felt like I was moving in the right direction so I uploaded the remaining partitions. After exiting EDL the device refuses to turn on...no LG splash, no android warning, no longer any access to download mode. No amount of button pushing brings EDL mode back while connected via USB. Doesn't charge using wireless charger (which it used to before).

I'm very confident I did not mismatch any partitions, though uploading the OP image did mention that there was data overflow and asked me if I wanted to continue. Further, this backup did not contain all of the img's that would ordinarily be present in a KDZ, but contained imgs that a standard KDZ do not have.

Since I can't get to EDL I can't restore the backups I had made of it's previous soft-bricked state.

It's just really frustrating, and I've learned my lesson never to buy a device from a carrier that doesn't allow access to it's KDZ firmware file (or cannot be crossflashed to one that does).

Your mileage may vary of course but I definitely feel like I'd want to stop someone from trying the attached if they're still in a soft-bricked state.

As an aside I would appreciate anyone who might have any ideas of how to reach EDL mode again. Thanks
Pudiste recuperar el móvil me pasó lo mismo que a ti no como encenderlo

doctorman

Feb 16, 2010
so is this thread considered useless.. there is no way to back up and restore this ATT phone firmware?
LG provides no support?
ATT does not let you update it unless you have active ATT sim....

doctorman

Feb 16, 2010
using Qfil?
can you use them to restore the phone?
I have ATT G850UM20o should I back up using Qfil? will that help to restore it?
does anyone have the newers p version of the firmware?
does LG provide the file for update since ATT does not?

gearmaker

Oct 7, 2012
Boise, Idaho
LG G8
I have a g8x sprint that is UICC unlocked for any sim.It seems eBay is dumping a lot of
Sprint phones.However, this one is unlocked but on Good2Go mvno (att) volte is
not working. IMEI on att site says it is approved phone. My question is:
Can att firmware be flashed to this phone to make volte work?

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022

Attachments

• 1639537416757.png
    1639537416757.png
    576.7 KB · Views: 12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have dump full g8x att and sprint
    Would you consider sharing your LG-G850UM backups for AT&T the version?
    Just want to offer a warning to anything thinking about using the above referenced backup - I used it myself on a soft bricked G8X (AT&T) using QFIL on EDL/9008 mode to upload the unpacked IMG's. I went from soft brick to hard brick.

When I first started off using this I uploaded only the system, boot and abl...when I started seeing a fastboot screen (which I hadn't seen since) I felt like I was moving in the right direction so I uploaded the remaining partitions. After exiting EDL the device refuses to turn on...no LG splash, no android warning, no longer any access to download mode. No amount of button pushing brings EDL mode back while connected via USB. Doesn't charge using wireless charger (which it used to before).

I'm very confident I did not mismatch any partitions, though uploading the OP image did mention that there was data overflow and asked me if I wanted to continue. Further, this backup did not contain all of the img's that would ordinarily be present in a KDZ, but contained imgs that a standard KDZ do not have.

Since I can't get to EDL I can't restore the backups I had made of it's previous soft-bricked state.

It's just really frustrating, and I've learned my lesson never to buy a device from a carrier that doesn't allow access to it's KDZ firmware file (or cannot be crossflashed to one that does).

Your mileage may vary of course but I definitely feel like I'd want to stop someone from trying the attached if they're still in a soft-bricked state.

As an aside I would appreciate anyone who might have any ideas of how to reach EDL mode again. Thanks
    You will have to open the back and short some contacts.
    Or give to service center if in warranty.
    [QUOTE = "lefttobleed, publicación: 84319395, miembro: 2516025"]
    Tendrás que abrir la parte trasera y cortar algunos contactos.
    O entréguelo al centro de servicio si está en garantía.
    [/CITAR]
    Lo hiciste ??

This should only be used mostly to restore certain parttion, not the whole backup in one go, as you said this is not a kdz. Also messing with op partition is never recommended, edl did warn you of the parttion size mismatch. Also depends what you had on your primary slot, i would not recommend flashing this on a pie slot. Sucks that you hard bricked.
    Hey guys, I'm really needing firmware to G850UM10F AT&T. Any one sees this variant come across their screen on a Telegram group or in their searches let me know please.