Att i337 ok3 confusion 5.0.1

Search This thread
Feb 12, 2020
I've been on here the past several hours, what I understand is to run kingroot, then get superSu replaced. But then where do I go from there?
Some guides say to use safestrap but it's not available for ok3.

My baseband is i337ucgsok3. I really just need to be able to enable tethering and my mobile hotspot, but I'd like to get a custom rom without the bloatware.. without a recovery option I'm nervous to brick it. If anyone has any experience with installing a custom rom from this please let me know!

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
I've been on here the past several hours, what I understand is to run kingroot, then get superSu replaced. But then where do I go from there?
Some guides say to use safestrap but it's not available for ok3.

My baseband is i337ucgsok3. I really just need to be able to enable tethering and my mobile hotspot, but I'd like to get a custom rom without the bloatware.. without a recovery option I'm nervous to brick it. If anyone has any experience with installing a custom rom from this please let me know!

You can use king root to root it or the PC program wonder share go pro. King root is a pain to get rid of unless you are able to use the SuperSu Me app (I wasn't and had to remove it manually which was a super pain in the butt).

You have to use the flash fire app v0.53 I think it is once rooted to boot custom ROMs. Keep in mind that since you're on the OK3 bootloader you can't use loki doki and thus no custom recovery like TWRP. Flash fire will allow you to boot custom touch wiz ROMs only like Goldeneye ROM.