ATT insurance question

Search This thread

jayjayjoker2

Jun 6, 2011
Salt Lake City
I broke my s3 screen the screen is black i know the lcd is gone. I want to do the insurance but im worried. They said i'd get a galaxy s4 if i do it. Im rooted though so would they notice or will I be ok?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

ron31

Feb 15, 2013
milton ont
I broke my s3 screen the screen is black i know the lcd is gone. I want to do the insurance but im worried. They said i'd get a galaxy s4 if i do it. Im rooted though so would they notice or will I be ok?

it shouldnt matter broken screen as notihing to do with rooted phone they just want it back so they know its really broken i broke mine im with telus sent it back no prob

Reactions: jayjayjoker2

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Flashing a stock 4.3 restore will return your phone to original (stock) ROM and kernel, un-root, reset your flash counter and install stock recovery. Once your warranty bit is tripped, however, there is no known method of resetting this. Unfortunately, with your LCD bust, you wouldn't be able to see what you are doing. You can only hope that since they wouldn't be able to see either ....

Reactions: jayjayjoker2

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Flashing a stock 4.3 restore will return your phone to original (stock) ROM and kernel, un-root, reset your flash counter and install stock recovery. Once your warranty bit is tripped, however, there is no known method of resetting this. Unfortunately, with your LCD bust, you wouldn't be able to see what you are doing. You can only hope that since they wouldn't be able to see either ....

Looks like they are hardly consistent wit the warranty thing. I just saw a post from another guy who had exactly the same problem. Sent it to Telus and they declined claiming it was a physical damage not covered by warranty. I guess insurance works separately from the standard warranty. To be on the safe side, however, I just remembered I sometimes connect my i747 to an LED TV using a micro-USB to HDMI adapter. The adapter can be bought cheaply online and lets you use your TV or PC with HDMI as an image screen for your phone.

vbetts

Jun 21, 2010
Toledo Ohio

You should be able to adb into your phone though to see information. There are ways of doing this.

codemonkey98

Nov 5, 2013
Pensacola, FL
You should be able to adb into your phone though to see information. There are ways of doing this.

If I am not mistaken, you should be able to use the fastboot commands using ADB to flash things. He or she will need to have the packages he or she is needed to flash the 'fastboot' folder. He or she will also need the packages in order to do fastboot as well.

jayjayjoker2

Jun 6, 2011
Salt Lake City
Where is that one I cant find 4.3 i already did triangle away so i think ill be ok and i have the HDMI adapter. Touch screen is dead though..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

it shouldnt matter broken screen as notihing to do with rooted phone they just want it back so they know its really broken i broke mine im with telus sent it back no prob

I was running cm10.2 on my original at&t s3 when the screen broke. I sent it back as-is and had no issues at all.