General ATT version

Search This thread

jcircello

May 31, 2014
So I unlocked the sim via the T-Mobile pixel 6 unlock method. Able to use dual sim functionality with Google Fi e-sim.

Now the phone updates to the unlocked version firmware. OEM carrier lock is still grayed out ( toggle not available) but everything works. Just giving an update for everyone

Last edited:

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Are carriers selling these at a massive discount? I guess I don't understand buying one from a carrier vs straight from Google.

jcircello

May 31, 2014
2 dollars per month. I know I have to keep ATT. But I travel to the Bahamas every month and it is the only carrier that works on the island I frequent. So I said why not just do it that way

Reactions: ctfrommn

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Ahhh, forgot about the financing/rental/lease options carriers offer. I havent been on a "premium" carrier in like a decade.

jcircello

May 31, 2014
Downloading the 13beta to see if I can fix the greyed out OEM unlock. If not I will revert and try Verizon rom I think. Unless you have any other suggestions

jcircello

May 31, 2014
I did and tried the steps outlined in the other post. Setup without network or sim. Then. Connect and put in sim, enable developer options and toggle OEM unlock while it says preparing ... Stayed greyed out the whole time. I thought maybe since it changed to unlocked version firmware that I had a chance to root. Maybe someday

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2 dollars per month. I know I have to keep ATT. But I travel to the Bahamas every month and it is the only carrier that works on the island I frequent. So I said why not just do it that way