ATT XT1097 lollipop discussion.

Search This thread

Endoran

Dec 14, 2010
Seems like the wait for lollipop will be longer than I thought. Hopefully we get a good build!

Sent from my XT1097 using XDA Free mobile app

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
Overall my AT&T Moto X works very well minus a few small bugs. I'd rather wait a few more weeks to get a very stable and solid 5.0 update than be first in line and have some bugs to deal with for the next 2-3 months while I have to wait for another update to resolve them. I am looking forward though to 5.0 and being able to then root my phone.

tacosrdelicioso

Mar 23, 2011
Maybe they're just going in numerical order. Lol xt1096, 1097..maybe someone's just extremely ocd at Motorola

ps3kev

Apr 19, 2012
yea no update yet for me. verizon got it, no idea what the hold up is for att there slacking

mustafu

Aug 12, 2011
MI
Not even so much as a soak test yet, looks like it will be a while

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

discaciate

Nov 27, 2014
Maybe its not ATT fault.
Here in Brazil we also have the XT1097, both as a carrier branded (with the usual bloatware) and with a contract/bloatware free version bought directly from the Motorola Brazilian Store. None of the XT1097 versions have seen a soak test, not even the Motorola version.

Jercote

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
I have the xt1097 from TELUS carrier in Canada with absolutely no bloat or carrier branding. Still no news. I hope that they at least update all the xt1097s at once.

rrossilva

Apr 17, 2009
ATT and Verizon firmwares are in the same level of modification, i guess. So, if Verizon is already pushing Lollipop, why att is not? I can only think that the problem is with att.

BungleMX

Oct 9, 2008
Saltillo, México
I bought my moto directly from motorola and they sendt a XT1097 (i'm in México) so i'm still waiting, I don't care about the soak, i just want the real thing.
i'm in a hurry to root it, but i want my OTA first.

Reactions: javermejo

pacobahyba

Dec 8, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Guys, do you really prefer those buggy builds? Think about it: Those builds that leaked before (. 5 and. 6) are full of bugs... just check the lollipop bugs thread. Yeah I am extremely anxious about it too but we have to keep in mind that this is android's biggest update to date, I don't think it would be great to get just some build first instead of getting something that actually delivers a great experience.

rrossilva

Apr 17, 2009
Verizon already have .11 and less bugs. As i said, a soak test program is for those who want to test, even with bugs.
But never mind, we just need to wait patiently, its our only choise.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe they can't reply because it bricked their phones.
    I have the same issue with my Moto X 2014.. At&t unlocked using on T-Mobile just updated to 5.0. Anyways the issue seems to be the phone not switching from the default apn to the tmobile one. A new phone isnt going to fix that, it's something with the software.

Anddd here's how to fix it kinda:

1) Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapbase.LTEswitcher&hl=en
    2) create 2 apns
    APN #A) Name: T-MOBILE EPC
    APN: epc.t-mobile.com
    Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
    Port: <Leave in Blank>
    Username: <Leave in Blank>
    Password: <Leave in Blank>
    Server: <Leave in Blank>
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
    MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
    APN type: default,supl,mms
    APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

APN #B) Name: T-MOBILE EPC
    APN: fast.tmobile.com
    Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
    Port: <Leave in Blank>
    Username: <Leave in Blank>
    Password: <Leave in Blank>
    Server: <Leave in Blank>
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
    MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
    APN type: default,supl,mms
    APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

3) Select the epc apn, then open the 4G switcher app I linked above.

4) Under "Set preferred network type:" select LTE/WCDMA.

5) Wait for your phone to connect to T-mobile's servers

6) Switch apn to fast.tmobile, let it connect (should take like 10 seconds), and then restart your phone.

7) You should have at least HSPA+ now, and a functioning phone until moto patches the modem.
    Dude I am with ya....I don't totally believe it my self.....I talked with him for about 30 minutes. I started off by telling him that I am pretty tech savvy and spit some knowledge at him that i follow this stuff pretty closely so he kinda opened up knowing I wasn't some regular caller that he could just give the standard answer to. He seemed like a tech type of guy to so he just kinda talked to me about the moto x lollipop update and how the updating works at AT&T, how the build gets passed between google, moto AT&T and back to moto for release. He said a few hours ago they received official word that they accepted the build for release in tiers. He talked about the LG G3 getting it two days ago and the GS 5 getting 4.4.4 as we speak ( sucks for them) and a new tower near me. So with all that said let's keep our fingers crossed and hope he was telling the truth!
    I can't even believe people would ditch a phone for an update. Lol.
    I finally got some information about the AT&T 2014 Moto X Lollipop Update!!? As of just a few hours ago AT&T has approved a 5.1 build (he may have meant 5.0.1 but he said 5.1 and confirmed 5.1 a couple times)for the AT&T Moto X 2014! From what he said rollout will begin shortly in tiers starting with a mix of imei numbers and order of purchase..IN Reverse! So if you bought your phone like I did the day it was released, we will be towards the end of the line.This is good news for us AT&T devices as they usually have no info about updates but I like to always try every few weeks. Today I finally got somewhere....I hope. He said its official as of today! This is what a very helpful gentleman in tech support told me. (he acknowledged that they usually don't have much information but today he did) So keep checking and let us know if you get it!!!